Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 830 831 [832] 833 834 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3939612 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Nanomachines in your every orifice.
« Reply #12465 on: February 25, 2013, 01:57:35 pm »

'Best of luck you guys, god knows you'll need it' Miyamoto thought as the shuttle went out of view.
At least they had power now, so they might just make it out of there alive, and who knows, maybe even escape the torturous hell that is HMRC service...

"Yeah, Flint and Jobasio tried to get the UMW shuttle going when we left them. Maybe they didn't get off in time, I'm not sure. Don't your scanners pick anything up in there Steve? "

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12466 on: February 25, 2013, 02:02:06 pm »

"Come on, come on, we have to get out of here before we become sharkmist food."

Same action with some alterations.

Give a rousing speech, copilot the shuttle, activate the autopilot, activate the pilot assist or do anything else that would help Jobasio fly the thing. Use any available weapon systems to blast through any sharkmist that gets in our way. Oh, and remember to close the door before takeoff.

Edit2:Also, shouldn't I had gotten a +1 to my previous action since I spent a turn prepering? Not that it would have made any difference. Any chance I can get it for this turn or do bonuses only last for one turn?

@Jobasio:"So, we have a choice now. Leave or return to the Sword. What say you?"

((Come ooooooon good Flint roll. Come oooooon good Jobasio roll.

Also, thanks a lot for the help RC. If we get out of here alive and I manage to convince Yoink to take us back to the Sword, I'll... I don't know what I'll do to thank you since you were the only one who helped us get the ship on-line, EDIT: not to mention saving team C's asses most of the time. For starters I'll give you back this laser that I'm pretty sure was given to Flint by Miyamoto and definitely some tokens.))
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 09:29:02 pm by Parisbre56 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12467 on: February 25, 2013, 02:15:33 pm »

((To be fair, few people still alive have any knowledge at all in Aux systems, so they actually helped you not screw up by simply staying quiet.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12468 on: February 25, 2013, 03:10:45 pm »

Also, thanks a lot for the help RC. If we get out of here alive and I manage to convince Yoink to take us back to the Sword, I'll... I don't know what I'll do to thank you since you were the only one who helped us get the ship on-line, EDIT: not to mention saving team C's asses most of the time. For starters I'll give you back this laser that I'm pretty sure was given to Flint by Miyamoto and definitely some tokens.))

((Just make sure Flint and Jobasio get back in one piece, or at least escape that god-forsaken hellhole. That'll be all the thanks I need.

And saving collective asses is easier if you have a walking tank to back you up on it. So thank Gilgamesh, it's him who did all the heavy lifting.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12469 on: February 25, 2013, 03:18:10 pm »

((Cue everybody and their grandmother saving up for battlesuits))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12470 on: February 25, 2013, 03:20:20 pm »

(Personally I'm saving up for either a synthflesh body or an Avatar. >.>)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12471 on: February 25, 2013, 03:26:16 pm »

((Cue everybody and their grandmother saving up for battlesuits))
((I'm still staying as mobile as possible. MkIII upgrades, ahoy!))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12472 on: February 25, 2013, 03:30:56 pm »

((The Avatar is... kind of an excessive thing. It ain't going to fit pretty much anywhere, it'll need its own shuttle to evacuate out of somewhere, and the only role you can take in it is "point". Sure, you get a lot for what cost it has, but it's kind of an overblown behemoth good only for testing heavy weapons against or wrecking armies of Altered. It's something for an actual battlefield, a fight of armies - not a team of five to ten/twenty maniacs ostensibly doing artifact recovery missions.

The Battlesuit is a good middle ground between a MkIII and the Avatar, and probably the best long-term investment one could make bar the standard genetic augments.

For people like Jim though, a synthflesh body is probably the best alternative, true. :)

ninja edit: I really want to make the Melee Modular Suit, just to see how good a fighting machine I can make that still fits into most rooms and corridors.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12473 on: February 25, 2013, 03:36:45 pm »

((If I had 40 tokens I`d waste it on some wierd weapons or something.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12474 on: February 25, 2013, 03:38:31 pm »

((I think that the true strength of a good team lies in their diversity. If everyone had a battlesuit, well you'd better pray you don't come across any narrow passageways. If you ever saw the Ghost in the Shell movie, you'll know what I'm talking about. for those who didn't:

If we all reacted the same way, we'd be predictable, and there's always more than one way to view a situation. What's true for the group is also true for the individual. It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness. It's slow death.

Also, I was first going to go for an Avatar, but I'm no good with amps, so the built-in amp would go to waste. And Battlesuits are way cooler anyway.  :P  ))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12475 on: February 25, 2013, 03:48:13 pm »

((Lars would like a battlesuit, covered in glorious artwork detailing scenes from the past of the HMRC Pantheon, and equipped with boosted loudspeakers for spreading the glorious word of Steve to the unenlightened masses.

However, should he find himself without his body at some point, the full synthflesh route would be totally okay, given that that is the Avatar of Steve.  He'd probably even get a couple extra arms for more weapons and shout Hallelujah in praise of Steve.

...waiiit...))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12476 on: February 25, 2013, 03:51:16 pm »

((If I had a choice, I would take a specialized full synthflesh body. Make a manipulator-using synthflesh spider with extra arms out of Stacy or something. Just seems like a far more practical use of tokens, considering how good synthflesh is in general. Well, that and the amazing number of useful things you get with a full synthflesh body.

And, should you feel so inclined, you could even make an amazing suit of armor to go with that synthflesh body. Possibly using nothing but your bare hands in the process.))
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 03:57:22 pm by Harry Baldman »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12477 on: February 25, 2013, 04:06:55 pm »

((If I had a choice, I would take a specialized full synthflesh body. Make a manipulator-using synthflesh spider with extra arms out of Stacy or something. Just seems like a far more practical use of tokens, considering how good synthflesh is in general. Well, that and the amazing number of useful things you get with a full synthflesh body.

And, should you feel so inclined, you could even make an amazing suit of armor to go with that synthflesh body. Possibly using nothing but your bare hands in the process.))

((I would personally go for a very good stealth system with a synthflesh body. I mean, you have all that mobility, why bog yourself down with armor? Why if, instead, you could simply plant a dagger in their backs instead...))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12478 on: February 25, 2013, 04:10:07 pm »

((I'd go for mobility. Being able to get in and out of hostile enviroments mostly intact IS our job description, so being able to do it well is better right?))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12479 on: February 25, 2013, 04:10:42 pm »

((I would personally go for a very good stealth system with a synthflesh body. I mean, you have all that mobility, why bog yourself down with armor? Why if, instead, you could simply plant a dagger in their backs instead...))

(Well, I know what I'm doing now. XD)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 830 831 [832] 833 834 ... 1256