Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 799 800 [801] 802 803 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3938792 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Worst bombsquad in the galaxy
« Reply #12000 on: February 07, 2013, 03:27:47 pm »

(So... what's Pyro saying?)

((It's nothing substantial, just how Enigma's a bit more of a puzzle.

Don't really remember exactly what I said, and unscrambling it is a bit of an issue even with the key. Or, should I say, it's still a bit of a puzzle, for me, at least. The image of the key I have is... not very good. Why didn't I just write it down normally, and why'd I make it so tangled?))
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 03:31:42 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12001 on: February 07, 2013, 03:45:57 pm »

"Amen."

Lars looked around.  That miner... those walls... hmm.

See if the cutting laser the miner had is salvageable.  Take it if so.  If not, grab a healthy sized piece of wreckage and poke the walls with it to see what happens.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12002 on: February 07, 2013, 03:51:24 pm »

Don't really remember exactly what I said, and unscrambling it is a bit of an issue even with the key. Or, should I say, it's still a bit of a puzzle, for me, at least. The image of the key I have is... not very good. Why didn't I just write it down normally, and why'd I make it so tangled?))
((I'm going to try and analyze it tomorrow (because today I'm supposed to be studying) but just one question. It's in English, not in Latin or German? Right? Since some old Enigma messages require supercomputers to be decrypted (and they know with what kind of enigma machine it was sent (naval, military, civilian, 5 cylinder, 3 cylinder etc.), while I have just a message) I don't have high hopes of decrypting it but still, it's worth a shot.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12003 on: February 07, 2013, 04:43:53 pm »

((I'm going to try and analyze it tomorrow (because today I'm supposed to be studying) but just one question. It's in English, not in Latin or German? Right? Since some old Enigma messages require supercomputers to be decrypted (and they know with what kind of enigma machine it was sent (naval, military, civilian, 5 cylinder, 3 cylinder etc.), while I have just a message) I don't have high hopes of decrypting it but still, it's worth a shot.))

((3, maybe 4 cylinder (There are 3 that I can manipulate and a 4th I can't), in English. And you're going to have to figure out spacing as well, since the encoder wouldn't let me put spaces in.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12004 on: February 07, 2013, 04:54:28 pm »

((3, maybe 4 cylinder (There are 3 that I can manipulate and a 4th I can't), in English. And you're going to have to figure out spacing as well, since the encoder wouldn't let me put spaces in.))

((In other words, go to google, type 'enigma decoder' and use the first one that only lets you manipulate the first 3.   :P  ))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12005 on: February 07, 2013, 10:30:15 pm »

((In other words, go to google, type 'enigma decoder' and use the first one that only lets you manipulate the first 3.   :P  ))

((Pretty much, but you still need to figure out the cylinder and plug positions.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12006 on: February 08, 2013, 05:02:54 am »

V GBB PNA FCRNX VA JNLF GUNG BGUREF CEBONOYL JBA'G HAQREFGNAQ VG'F SNVEYL RNFL RFCRPVNYYL JURA V UNIR N VAGREARG ONFRQ TRARENGBE GB QB VG SBE ZR LBHE YRT TBG PHG VA UNYS OL GUR JNL ABG GUNG LBH PNA FRR GUNG JVGU GUNG NEZBE BA GUBHTU
(Solved and re-encoded just because.)

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"So uh, Team A will be the uh, rear guard on this level.  Yeah."
Follow the main group, close enough to see and assist them but far enough away that running away is a very viable option.

"I'm just gonna be here. In the back. Busily not being shot. "

Name:Flint - Team C - Mining area, Entrance

"Hearing something... In tunnels... Vacuum... Wait a minute! I know what it is! It's a train! And we're gonna rob it! Quick, ready the horses, I'm going to see how close it is."

Look at Gilgamesh for anything out of the ordinary. Put my head close to the floor and listen for anything except my teammates footsteps. What could the sound be? Is Miyamoto going crazy or is it possible that there was actually some kind of sound around here, transited via vibrations to Miyamoto.

You Listen around, dragging your head on the ground and otherwise trying to locate the mysterious sound Miyamoto heard. But, unsurprisingly with the vacuum and all, you don't hear or find a thing. You guess it could be something in his suit vibrating because of something in the environment, but thats a blind guess at best.

A LGG USF KHWSC AF OSQK LZSL GLZWJK HJGTSTDQ OGF'L MFVWJKLSFV. AL'K XSAJDQ WSKQ, WKHWUASDDQ OZWF A ZSNW S AFLWJFWL TSKWV YWFWJSLGJ LG VG AL XGJ EW.

QGMJ DWY YGL UML AF ZSDX TQ LZW OSQ, FGL LZSL QGM USF KWW LZSL OALZ LZSL SJEGJ GF LZGMYZ.

((Aww, cripes. I'm terrible at decoding stuff.))

((On the one hand, I don't want to spoil the fun for you. On the other, I would personally hate it if I couldn't figure it out and nobody could tell me. So I'm going to put the solution as a spoiler, so one can decide for himself if he wants to read it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you want a tip on how to solve it easily: http://smurfoncrack.com/pygenere/pygenere.php
Length of about 3 should do it.

Get out of the haze, check if hallucinations continue to manifest. Stand away from team, in case brain gets mindjacked.

"Hey guys, that stupid mist is toying with my mind, I suggest stepping away from me in case it gets to me further. Though I would appreciate it if nobody would shoot me yet."

((While I am all pro the let's-buy-Feyri-a-decent-suit-already plan, I do believe PW once said we can't pool our tokens to buy something for one person, though I'm not sure if that would apply here. One could always buy one of her bazzilion weapons for more tokens than it's worth though, she can't use all of them at the same time anyway.))
(You can't pool your tokens to buy one thing, but I suppose you could just give her tokens to buy it herself.)

You walk back to the elevator and the strange sounds stop. Huh.

"Hearing things in a vaccum? That's strange... Check your radio channels incase someone is trying to send you a signal. That might be it."

Bishop turns to everyone else and takes a deep breath. Group speaches were not his thing, but someone had to get these guys moving.

"Alright, listen up everyone. The way up is sealed by the iris', we're getting blocked from command, Feyri's got about an hour before she can't be revived and we've still got to clear this level and any more levels below this one. We're not going to accomplish anything by standing around here, so we have to keep moving, despite what the corridor looks like it's made of.

We've got an hour to find a way to reopen the iris' or at least contact command again so they can do it for us, so lets hustle and stay alive. Make sure to stay alert and tell people if you feel something wrong."

Start a 1 hour countdown timer on my wrist computer for Feyri and bring up a fuel meter on the inside of my helmet if I can so I can keep track of it easily, then activate buzz mode and move down the corridor quickly. Check for any strange signals that I might be recieving and keep an eye out for a map of some kind. Make sure to keep enough room to dodge.
You set up a timer and a fuel indicator and then buzz down the corridor, making sure not to touch any of the walls. You get about 50 meters in, zooming around through branching tunnels in absolute darkness before you start to hear something. It rises quickly, from a distant sound to a distinct hum. You start to feel...anxious. Nervous. A building fear and anger.

"Alright, listen up everyone. The way up is sealed by the iris', we're getting blocked from command, Feyri's got about an hour before she can't be revived and we've still got to clear this level and any more levels below this one. We're not going to accomplish anything by standing around here, so we have to keep moving, despite what the corridor looks like it's made of.

We've got an hour to find a way to reopen the iris' or at least contact command again so they can do it for us, so lets hustle and stay alive. Make sure to stay alert and tell people if you feel something wrong."

"Maybe some of us should just make sure we have a clear way out? You know, figure out what the issue with the elevator actually is instead of just looking at it and going 'ah, fuck it'? That really seems like a constructive thing for somebody to do, so most of us don't waste time playing grabass in the fractalicious tunnels of joy and then come back to find that, surprise, surprise, the elevator still won't take us anywhere good. Let's fix the elevator, take Feyri to stasis and possibly even safety, then we have all the time in the world to get shit done, you know. No rush and all. Just a suggestion."

"That is, unless those Command guys or something else are up to something nefarious up there, in which case we can just say 'fuck it' to clearing this place and just focus on getting out as fast as possible. Either way, it's probably in our best interest to find out what's going on and deliver our fine dead teammate to safety."

Go back inside elevator after high-fiving Pancaek. Spend some time concentrating on how one would perform an override of the iris mechanism. Go over the steps and make sure I remember and can perform each one.
Well, that would probably include cutting open the wall and pumping power directly into the servos, bypassing the control computers.

"Amen."

Lars looked around.  That miner... those walls... hmm.

See if the cutting laser the miner had is salvageable.  Take it if so.  If not, grab a healthy sized piece of wreckage and poke the walls with it to see what happens.
Well, the laser is scrap so you jab at the walls. They don't seem to react.

"Damn you, shark mist, reveal your secrets."

Not a whole lot going on this turn eh?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12007 on: February 08, 2013, 06:04:09 am »

"Guys, I'm starting to feel strange here, I'm getting scared and angry for no reason. I'm also hearing a hum of some kind, despite the vacuum and myself not touching the walls or floor. This is starting to get really weird right now...

Simus or Lukas, one of you come down here to me. It might be a biological thing that's affecting us and it might not work on one of you guys."

Turn on my lamps and take a look around where I currently am and get a grip on myself by reminding myself that there is no reason to be scared or angry right now. Tap a wall with my foot and then do the same with the floor to see if anything changes and see if I can block out the sound somehow by turning off my internal speakers or at the very least try to pinpoint where the sound is coming from.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12008 on: February 08, 2013, 06:14:51 am »

Name:Flint/Deeper Scum - Team C - Mining area, Entrance

"That's strange. I was certain..." mumbled Flint before he got a second idea.
@Bishop:"Hey, rocketman, what equipment are you carrying? Do you have any of those space magic thingies plugged into your brain?"

Examine the miner for any signs of the disease. Search his suit for information. Search my exosuit, his exosuit and his suit for any communications equipment. See if the miner's laser battery is salvageable. If nothing interesting is found, follow Bishop and see if I start hearing anything.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 10:36:38 am by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12009 on: February 08, 2013, 06:21:51 am »

"Hey, this noise stopped. And if bishop just started hearing it, I guess whatever it is must be coming from inside our head. This reeks of alien mindfrakkery, and I don't like it. It's probably some kind of signal that gets stronger the nearer you get to the source."

Start going into the tunnel, while hovering above ground. Once I hear the noise again, close down all possible audio input, from radio to microphone. Then see if the noise goes away or not.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12010 on: February 08, 2013, 06:25:49 am »

"Just got a razor, a cutter and a gauss rifle as well as my suit and aside from the shock implants all HMRC prisoners get when they join, I have no implants at all. And no, the shock implants don't have any effect on your brain chemistry, they just shoot electricity into your nervous system. Hopefully.

Also, I have a bit of experience with alien mindfuckery. Hopefully if we shut off our sound systems, we won't hear it, but I somehow dout it. I'll give it a shot right now."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12011 on: February 08, 2013, 06:36:19 am »

"Just got a razor, a cutter and a gauss rifle as well as my suit and aside from the shock implants all HMRC prisoners get when they join, I have no implants at all. And no, the shock implants don't have any effect on your brain chemistry, they just shoot electricity into your nervous system. Hopefully.

Also, I have a bit of experience with alien mindfuckery. Hopefully if we shut off our sound systems, we won't hear it, but I somehow dout it. I'll give it a shot right now."

"Well, there goes my theory. Okay, I'll look around over here some more and then I'll come with you."

((0 will. Mind fuckery here we go!))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12012 on: February 08, 2013, 08:38:58 am »

On my way, Bishop, if my leg doesn't give out.

Arm grenade launcher with Chemical-Incendiary, head to Bishop. Be wary.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12013 on: February 08, 2013, 08:52:23 am »

"Ooh, ooh! Idea! Let's burn everything! That's a good idea, right? That way, we're bound to hit something we're looking for eventually. We certainly have enough magical pocket calculators for it as well, yes?"

Figure out if I could cut open the wall with just my monoatomic razor or if I would require a cutting torch as well.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12014 on: February 08, 2013, 09:37:50 am »

The sharkmist had his interest now.  Hmmm...

Assuming I still have a sample container, attempt to break off a piece by scraping it off with the container (IE- not touching it with suit.)  Either way, then draw a Hexagon, the symbol of Cog-azaon, on the sample with a marker.  Pray as below, then contemplate on what this sharkmist could be.

"O Cog-azaon, please grant unto me divine understanding of this sharkmist substance!  I implore thee to lift the veil and grant me knowledge!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 799 800 [801] 802 803 ... 1256