Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 798 799 [800] 801 802 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3938721 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Worst bombsquad in the galaxy
« Reply #11985 on: February 07, 2013, 06:11:18 am »

Name:Flint - Team C - Mining area, Entrance

"Hearing something... In tunnels... Vacuum... Wait a minute! I know what it is! It's a train! And we're gonna rob it! Quick, ready the horses, I'm going to see how close it is."

Look at Gilgamesh for anything out of the ordinary. Put my head close to the floor and listen for anything except my teammates footsteps. What could the sound be? Is Miyamoto going crazy or is it possible that there was actually some kind of sound around here, transited via vibrations to Miyamoto.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11986 on: February 07, 2013, 06:45:26 am »

A LGG USF KHWSC AF OSQK LZSL GLZWJK HJGTSTDQ OGF'L MFVWJKLSFV. AL'K XSAJDQ WSKQ, WKHWUASDDQ OZWF A ZSNW S AFLWJFWL TSKWV YWFWJSLGJ LG VG AL XGJ EW.

QGMJ DWY YGL UML AF ZSDX TQ LZW OSQ, FGL LZSL QGM USF KWW LZSL OALZ LZSL SJEGJ GF LZGMYZ.

((Aww, cripes. I'm terrible at decoding stuff.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11987 on: February 07, 2013, 06:55:43 am »

A LGG USF KHWSC AF OSQK LZSL GLZWJK HJGTSTDQ OGF'L MFVWJKLSFV. AL'K XSAJDQ WSKQ, WKHWUASDDQ OZWF A ZSNW S AFLWJFWL TSKWV YWFWJSLGJ LG VG AL XGJ EW.

QGMJ DWY YGL UML AF ZSDX TQ LZW OSQ, FGL LZSL QGM USF KWW LZSL OALZ LZSL SJEGJ GF LZGMYZ.

((Aww, cripes. I'm terrible at decoding stuff.))

((On the one hand, I don't want to spoil the fun for you. On the other, I would personally hate it if I couldn't figure it out and nobody could tell me. So I'm going to put the solution as a spoiler, so one can decide for himself if he wants to read it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you want a tip on how to solve it easily: http://smurfoncrack.com/pygenere/pygenere.php
Length of about 3 should do it.

Get out of the haze, check if hallucinations continue to manifest. Stand away from team, in case brain gets mindjacked.

"Hey guys, that stupid mist is toying with my mind, I suggest stepping away from me in case it gets to me further. Though I would appreciate it if nobody would shoot me yet."

((While I am all pro the let's-buy-Feyri-a-decent-suit-already plan, I do believe PW once said we can't pool our tokens to buy something for one person, though I'm not sure if that would apply here. One could always buy one of her bazzilion weapons for more tokens than it's worth though, she can't use all of them at the same time anyway.))
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 07:05:25 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11988 on: February 07, 2013, 07:24:36 am »

((It's actually even simpler than a Vigenère, it's a Caesar's cipher.

And piecewise said to us "Thou shall not pool thy tokens." he didn't say "Thou shall not buy your half-robot girlfriend a decent suit and give it to her as a 'get well soon' gift."

Anyway, if we're trying to speak in ways others can't understand, I can start writing in ancient Greek.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11989 on: February 07, 2013, 07:47:40 am »

"Hearing things in a vaccum? That's strange... Check your radio channels incase someone is trying to send you a signal. That might be it."

Bishop turns to everyone else and takes a deep breath. Group speaches were not his thing, but someone had to get these guys moving.

"Alright, listen up everyone. The way up is sealed by the iris', we're getting blocked from command, Feyri's got about an hour before she can't be revived and we've still got to clear this level and any more levels below this one. We're not going to accomplish anything by standing around here, so we have to keep moving, despite what the corridor looks like it's made of.

We've got an hour to find a way to reopen the iris' or at least contact command again so they can do it for us, so lets hustle and stay alive. Make sure to stay alert and tell people if you feel something wrong."

Start a 1 hour countdown timer on my wrist computer for Feyri and bring up a fuel meter on the inside of my helmet if I can so I can keep track of it easily, then activate buzz mode and move down the corridor quickly. Check for any strange signals that I might be recieving and keep an eye out for a map of some kind. Make sure to keep enough room to dodge.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11990 on: February 07, 2013, 08:32:56 am »

((C'mon, I'm just mixing up languages, not using ciphers. However, I might try out an Enigma cipher if you want something that'd actually be a puzzle to solve.

Is the armor holding my leg together or something? 'Cause now you've said it's cut entirely in half, instead of a large chunk carved out, which the description implied.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11991 on: February 07, 2013, 09:04:24 am »

"Alright, listen up everyone. The way up is sealed by the iris', we're getting blocked from command, Feyri's got about an hour before she can't be revived and we've still got to clear this level and any more levels below this one. We're not going to accomplish anything by standing around here, so we have to keep moving, despite what the corridor looks like it's made of.

We've got an hour to find a way to reopen the iris' or at least contact command again so they can do it for us, so lets hustle and stay alive. Make sure to stay alert and tell people if you feel something wrong."

"Maybe some of us should just make sure we have a clear way out? You know, figure out what the issue with the elevator actually is instead of just looking at it and going 'ah, fuck it'? That really seems like a constructive thing for somebody to do, so most of us don't waste time playing grabass in the fractalicious tunnels of joy and then come back to find that, surprise, surprise, the elevator still won't take us anywhere good. Let's fix the elevator, take Feyri to stasis and possibly even safety, then we have all the time in the world to get shit done, you know. No rush and all. Just a suggestion."

"That is, unless those Command guys or something else are up to something nefarious up there, in which case we can just say 'fuck it' to clearing this place and just focus on getting out as fast as possible. Either way, it's probably in our best interest to find out what's going on and deliver our fine dead teammate to safety."

Go back inside elevator after high-fiving Pancaek. Spend some time concentrating on how one would perform an override of the iris mechanism. Go over the steps and make sure I remember and can perform each one.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 09:08:58 am by Harry Baldman »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11992 on: February 07, 2013, 09:26:42 am »

"Maybe some of us should just make sure we have a clear way out? You know, figure out what the issue with the elevator actually is instead of just looking at it and going 'ah, fuck it'? That really seems like a constructive thing for somebody to do, so most of us don't waste time playing grabass in the fractalicious tunnels of joy and then come back to find that, surprise, surprise, the elevator still won't take us anywhere good. Let's fix the elevator, take Feyri to stasis and possibly even safety, then we have all the time in the world to get shit done, you know. No rush and all. Just a suggestion."

"That is, unless those Command guys or something else are up to something nefarious up there, in which case we can just say 'fuck it' to clearing this place and just focus on getting out as fast as possible. Either way, it's probably in our best interest to find out what's going on and deliver our fine dead teammate to safety."
"A few things to consider: 1) Feyri's brain freeze is probably colder than the coldest fridge right now, so if you keep her down here she should be fine for a long long time.

2) The tunnels are depressurized and cold. If you open the iris now you're going to depressurize the floor above too. Anybody alive and unsuited up there won't be happy about that. So close the door to mining before opening the iris.

3) If you close the door to mining before opening the iris and Feyri is still here with you her body will get warmer because of the air. As dangerous as it seems, it might be better if Jim took her to the tunnels after sealing her suit to prevent contamination from the Grayshark haze.

4)Totally unrelated to the other things I said, but the mines were the source of the explosives we encountered on the upper levels. Watch out. And if you find some inert, I wouldn't mind using some of their own weapons against them."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11993 on: February 07, 2013, 09:28:54 am »

((It's actually even simpler than a Vigenère, it's a Caesar's cipher.

And piecewise said to us "Thou shall not pool thy tokens." he didn't say "Thou shall not buy your half-robot girlfriend a decent suit and give it to her as a 'get well soon' gift."

Anyway, if we're trying to speak in ways others can't understand, I can start writing in ancient Greek.))

((I know, but this was the first automated decoder I came across. Lazy is my name, sloth is my game.

And he said one could indeed buy stuff for someone else, but I doubt anyone has 14 tokens laying around. Which is why I suggested she sell some off her stuff, she has 2 guns and 2 sword for Heavens sake.))
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 09:33:25 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11994 on: February 07, 2013, 09:36:09 am »

"A few things to consider: 1) Feyri's brain freeze is probably colder than the coldest fridge right now, so if you keep her down here she should be fine for a long long time.

2) The tunnels are depressurized and cold. If you open the iris now you're going to depressurize the floor above too. Anybody alive and unsuited up there won't be happy about that. So close the door to mining before opening the iris.

3) If you close the door to mining before opening the iris and Feyri is still here with you her body will get warmer because of the air. As dangerous as it seems, it might be better if Jim took her to the tunnels after sealing her suit to prevent contamination from the Grayshark haze.

4)Totally unrelated to the other things I said, but the mines were the source of the explosives we encountered on the upper levels. Watch out. And if you find some inert, I wouldn't mind using some of their own weapons against them."

"Well, I'm really just taking the flying guy's word on her being unrevivable in an hour. He might be wrong, I guess, but why risk it? Though she should probably be left outside the elevator if anybody wants to mess with it, both so she doesn't heat up and so we don't get killed extra hard by that Jim person later if we happen to survive the fall. And yes, I will close the door."

"Oh, and speaking of flying guys, one of them could help out with the elevator by checking up on whether there's an actual blockage after we get the iris open one way or another."
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 09:38:37 am by Harry Baldman »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11995 on: February 07, 2013, 10:45:39 am »

"I checked with what was going on with the iris', and they closed because all the sensors in the shaft were giving out a blockage signal a few thousand times a second. Someone is messing with us, and unless we can somehow bypass ALL the sensors in the shaft to get the elevator working, then the best way to get out of here is to find whoever is doing this and stop them. It would also let us talk to command again, for what that's worth...

It's typical for dead people to last for about an hour before they can't be revived again. I'm saying we have an hour to be safe, since I'd rather not depend on something like room temperature for keeping her brain cold.

Also, command would just shock us until we come back down here to clear this place out. They won't let us leave until the job is done, that's the kind of people they are. Still, you can stay if you want, but don't expect to be going anywhere soon is all."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11996 on: February 07, 2013, 10:51:36 am »

"I checked with what was going on with the iris', and they closed because all the sensors in the shaft were giving out a blockage signal a few thousand times a second. Someone is messing with us, and unless we can somehow bypass ALL the sensors in the shaft to get the elevator working, then the best way to get out of here is to find whoever is doing this and stop them. It would also let us talk to command again, for what that's worth...

It's typical for dead people to last for about an hour before they can't be revived again. I'm saying we have an hour to be safe, since I'd rather not depend on something like room temperature for keeping her brain cold.

Also, command would just shock us until we come back down here to clear this place out. They won't let us leave until the job is done, that's the kind of people they are. Still, you can stay if you want, but don't expect to be going anywhere soon is all."

"Well, I'm just saying that it's probably a good idea to try and fix the elevator while the rest are out doing things, not after, when it would be a waste of time and probably patience of all the non-flying, possibly dying people all around. And if the elevator shenanigans aren't Command's doing, we'd have to fix it anyway in the unlikely event we find anybody worth rescuing or something."
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 10:56:33 am by Harry Baldman »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11997 on: February 07, 2013, 11:41:49 am »

((VMIFFHTUOXOWAITBFMXBMQTNTRXPSFDERENRTJAIEEZYLKOIOJLGJALFKVFOHTAMHFHFKMRIUALXTZVQZFLLKHEWWRCFKNNALCWMHTBXXVQNSBZIPXLEYNDUM

I'll give you a nudge in the right direction and say it's Enigma.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11998 on: February 07, 2013, 02:54:42 pm »

((VMIFFHTUOXOWAITBFMXBMQTNTRXPSFDERENRTJAIEEZYLKOIOJLGJALFKVFOHTAMHFHFKMRIUALXTZVQZFLLKHEWWRCFKNNALCWMHTBXXVQNSBZIPXLEYNDUM

I'll give you a nudge in the right direction and say it's Enigma.))

I'll give you an actual nudge in the right direction and tell you that your character's hardon for latin is related in one way or another. Et tu brute?

Also, the number 16.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11999 on: February 07, 2013, 03:12:51 pm »

(So... what's Pyro saying?)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 798 799 [800] 801 802 ... 1256