Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 788 789 [790] 791 792 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3940812 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Worst bombsquad in the galaxy
« Reply #11835 on: February 01, 2013, 06:47:42 pm »

"People people, calm down. Sharks are territorial creatures-" "you don't know that, we're not even sure they exist" "-so if we get out if its territory it will leave us alone. It's foolprrof, we just have to get off of this level."

Get in the elevator next to Miyamoto, Jiggle my leg for comedy relief

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11836 on: February 01, 2013, 11:43:20 pm »

"Ah. Well, uh, can we get going? Y'know, haze and all that?"
GTFO w/May.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 11:59:31 pm by Spinal_Taper »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11837 on: February 02, 2013, 12:37:27 am »

GTFO w/May.

Book it.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11838 on: February 02, 2013, 02:01:21 am »

((Hey people. I'll be gone for a week and I'll be back on Saturday next week. Miyamoto, are you willing to post actions for another huge robot for the time being?))

((Sure, one can never have enough giant robots after all.))

Lucas action: Head to the elevator.

"Ok guys, unless anyone has something else to do on this level, I say we head down and find out what the hell is happening here."

"Yeah. Good idea. I'm just going to sit down for a minute if it's all the same to you, Milno. Hey, do you think that painkiller thing I got would help with these damn migraines if I dissolved it and injected it into my braincase?" Jim said, the last question directed at the team's medics/scientists although really anyone could answer.

"You know Jim, that might be a rather bad idea. Pain is there for a reason after all, it informs us of what's wrong and feels unpleasant so that we would try to fix it. When you get those awful headaches, it ensures you won't try to use your amps beyond your capabilities. But if the pain's not there, you might be more inclined to go just that step to far, which could mean the end of you. Just something to keep in mind."

Once everyone is on the lift and ready to go, hit button to go down.

You hover your hand over the down button.

"I AM GONNA PUSH THIS BUTTON SO HARD YOU MOTHER FUCKERS BETTER HURRY UP!"

Faith sighed.

"So that's a yes, then."

Get as much of the data as I can; if that means plucking the hard drives out or something, so be it. Keep an eye on what the haze is doing if I can.

Then get to nearly out of earshot of the hospital. If I'm the last one out, blare in that a plague-haze has broken free of the morgue, and that if he wants to live I'd be willing to come back in and help haul him out.

If there's screaming of the Come Help I'm Not Going To Detonate The Hospital variety, go back in and haul him and anyone else I can out. Otherwise just follow teammates down the elevator, I suppose.

Then observe Flint, standing well back.

You gather as many external harddrives as you can, smash open computers and tear out their harddrives, and huck them all into your bag before running back and hiding behind flint and the rest of the cowards at coward's corner.

Name:Flint/Self-proclaimed scientist - Team C - Hospital, Administration, Coward Science corner

Flint looked left and right at the people leaving. Cowards. "I aint' running away from no shark mist! Not when there's science to be done. You guys go ahead, I'll catch up with you later. Now it's just you and me shark mist. Just like the time I played the protagonist in Maws. And I know exactly what to do with you..." Flint said, his laser pointing the mist, his eyes watching it closely.

((This is really out of character since my intelligence is supposed to be 0 but, someone's got to science that mist.))
Spoiler: Theories (click to show/hide)

"Testing theory number 3: 'Cold turns you on; Heat cools you down'. Firing half-second laser pulse at Grayshark mist. I'm going to use the scientific method on you, bitch, oh yes I am and I'm not gonna be gentle!" *evil scientist laughter* Use the mining laser to make a line on the floor, starting outside the mist and going inside it. Observe the results. "Addendum: If the experiment confirms my hypothesis booze and magma fire should be applied to solve the problem."

Flint paused for a moment, rethinking what he just said. "Wait a minute... This theory isn't preferable to the others. What happens when the infected are put in stasis for their journey back to the ship? What if command has already put someone infected in the 'freezer' and now they're busy trying to clean up topside?"
[con:2+1]
You turn the cutting laser on and it activates with a diabolical hum. And shit starts melting and falling apart all over the damn place. You wave the laser around like a goddamn spaz, wiping out desks, walls, and nearly teammates, but not even clipping the haze.

Stacy, Team C DJ, In Elevator.

"Somebody should force an override, I think, to open up the iris and take a look up and see whether there's an actual blockage or the elevator is just screwing with us. And I am not going down a level just yet, what with all the crazy plague-mist spreading through this level. I think at least one team of people should stay up here to handle the mist situation or to warn the rest of the team if it gets too out of control. Can't have it eating everything around here unsupervised while we're messing around lower down."

Head back to hospital. Stay at a reasonable distance from the mist.

"Hey, guys, what say you we find out if the guy in the hospital lab was telling the truth about his dead man's switch?"
Another man in the coward corner I see. Filthy Cowards.

GO SHOVE YOUR FACE IN THAT DEATH MIST!

"It's official people, someone is fucking with us. Unless we can disable or override whatever is causing the sensors to flip out like this, we won't be going up anytime soon. And this grey mist is totally giving me the alien vibes, or at least really advanced tech that isn't all that common."

Glancing at the elevator, Bishop turns to face the others.

"Well, unless you want to hang around here avoiding the grey cloud of painfull death, I think it's about time to head down a level. Maybe we can find something to use against the damn thing, or someone who knows what it is or SOMETHING."

Keep an eye out for trouble and bring up a view of the cams of the guy messing with the cloud so I can see what happens.
You get a full pay per view screenful of failure and mediocrity. God, the nostalgia for when you too were terrible.

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"Hmm... maybe I could get back to a higher level and try to unjam the signal from up there.  Any of your fliers wanna help me up the shaft?"
Determine if there's a way up the elevator shaft to the next level, then try and get up the elevator shaft to the next level.
Not without breaking that Iris there isn't. So either punch that mechanical sphincter or resign yourself to the NETHER REGIONS DOWN BELOW.

"People people, calm down. Sharks are territorial creatures-" "you don't know that, we're not even sure they exist" "-so if we get out if its territory it will leave us alone. It's foolprrof, we just have to get off of this level."

Get in the elevator next to Miyamoto, Jiggle my leg for comedy relief
You do mad, kickass leg spins all the way to the elevator.

"180 Ankle flop!"
"720 Gangrene!"
"Toe Grind Shinflip!"

GTFO w/May.

Book it.

You book a reservation with "The fuck away from here" and promptly set off for it.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11839 on: February 02, 2013, 02:29:26 am »

Thomas turned to look at May, still breathing a bit heavily from the running.
"We're getting out of here about now, right?"
Go to the elevator, scope up and watch for haze.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11840 on: February 02, 2013, 03:18:33 am »

Stacy, Team C DJ and Mist Enthusiast, In Coward's Corner.

"Alright, enough fooling. Time to get serious with this magical calculator thing."

He clears his throat.

"This is Magical Pocket Calculator Test 1: Ambient Temperature."

Use MFM to heat up frontal portion of mist to slightly above room temperature. Stand well back and be prepared to run in any case.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #11841 on: February 02, 2013, 03:46:38 am »

Cutting torch.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11842 on: February 02, 2013, 03:51:55 am »

Toss a chunk of desk or something through it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11843 on: February 02, 2013, 04:07:21 am »

Name:Flint - Team C - Hospital, Administration

"We seem to be experiencing some technical difficulties. Please bear with us until they are resolved."

If Stacy fails, try the line experiment again. Keep trying until I get some results. If Stacy fails (or succeeds) horribly, GTFO. If Stacy succeeds, observe results.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 04:38:06 am by Parisbre56 »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11844 on: February 02, 2013, 04:13:07 am »

Jim checks an imaginary watch, although truthfully he doesn't much mind having a break to rest his brain.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11845 on: February 02, 2013, 06:12:40 am »

"Damn it, this is taking too long. The longer we wait, the bigger the chance the mist is going to block our exit. I'm saying we head down, while about 4 people stay here to learn more about the mist and to warn us when the mist is starting to spread to far. We will station someone at the bottom of the lift so you guys can contact him from the elevator, and he will relay the message through to us. This sound reasonable? I need 4 people who will stay here, the rest come down with us."

Once we know who will stay here, and all the others are on the lift, push button to go down.

Lucas action: get on lift, and contemplate the value of human life in relation to the death row that is HMRC service.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11846 on: February 02, 2013, 06:14:36 am »

"Damn it, this is taking too long. The longer we wait, the bigger the chance the mist is going to block our exit. I'm saying we head down, while about 4 people stay here to learn more about the mist and to warn us when the mist is starting to spread to far. We will station someone at the bottom of the lift so you guys can contact him from the elevator, and he will relay the message through to us. This sound reasonable? I need 4 people who will stay here, the rest come down with us."

Once we know who will stay here, and all the others are on the lift, push button to go down.

Lucas action: get on lift, and contemplate the value of human life in relation to the death row that is HMRC service.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11847 on: February 02, 2013, 06:37:51 am »

"I'm staying. I already have all the loot and cutlery I could ever need in life."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11848 on: February 02, 2013, 06:51:48 am »

"And I'm staying to ensure that the Grayshark mist remains in its natural habitat, the morgue bay. Environmentalism is good PR my agent used to say. Plus, if heat does slow this thing down, I might even be able to get some samples by using one of those science lighter things and some kind of metal box. All in the name of science and ecology of course." ((And tokens. Beautiful tokens. So sparkly and jingly...))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11849 on: February 02, 2013, 08:10:14 am »

((Goodness Paris. Either I believe you've solved the riddle or...something.

Because the human - Let me IC that.))

Team C ; Feyri Nirel - Armored Mercenary - Graveyard area.

"Good God."

Feyri replayed the comm chatter once over as she stood by Simus' side. Then replayed it again in a Bass voice, just to be sure.

"The Elevator...The Morgue...What you said about the theorem regarding the disease..."

((And now we're playing Doom...3? XD))

"No wonder they were hiring other world forces to aid here. They needed outside help to contain, or at least...take my theory here in full value- spread the disease due to the inoculation time taking a while. Also, it seems to not show any symptoms at the state.

"Flint, what you said about the human body...All I can recall of my med school days are that pathogens, or bacteria, or...living organisms need a stable temperature to thrive in. Shift it too much in the scale of heat and cold, and you successfully inhibit its growth.

"How cool was the morgue? If the normal body temperature of thirty-seven and a half Celsius can stop the disease...And it somehow goes off into the pleural cavities of people- airborne infection...Pile the dead in the graveyard blocking the elevator and light them on fire!

"Don't target the mist directly, its like a frickin' fluid! Bar the way with heat! Purge it with fire!"

Err, either get the [ARGH] to the elevator, or begin helping with stifling the mist's movements.

If only we had a better idea of the area between the elevator and the hospital.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 09:23:48 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 788 789 [790] 791 792 ... 1256