Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 787 788 [789] 790 791 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3939203 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Worst bombsquad in the galaxy
« Reply #11820 on: February 01, 2013, 01:10:55 am »

"Yeah. Good idea. I'm just going to sit down for a minute if it's all the same to you, Milno. Hey, do you think that painkiller thing I got would help with these damn migraines if I dissolved it and injected it into my braincase?" Jim said, the last question directed at the team's medics/scientists although really anyone could answer.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11821 on: February 01, 2013, 01:16:39 am »

"Hey, do you think that painkiller thing I got would help with these damn migraines if I dissolved it and injected it into my braincase?" Jim said, the last question directed at the team's medics/scientists although really anyone could answer.
"I'd have to think about that to be sure, but I'm guessing it's relying on something that can digest it, not just organic matter. The dosage might or might not be off, since a brain weighs, uh, maybe two percent of a normal human's mass?

As for whether it'd help if you injected it carefully and correctly, I'd assume so. I don't know enough about amps to say for certain, but your brain's what causes you to feel pain at all, don't see why it'd be an exception."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11822 on: February 01, 2013, 03:53:11 am »

Thomas frowns. Gray haze was considerably less shootable than sharks. He takes his eye off the scope for a moment to look over at May
"May, do you think you could do something with your manipulator? Freeze it or something?"
Be prepared for shit to go down.
You sort of squat down into a wide stance and brace yourself.

"I am ready for shit."

"Might wanna take the suit off first." May says.

"There's a tube."

"Oh, so thats why you walk funny."

"Yeah. Wait, why don't you?"

"Used to it."

You sort of stare at may for a while.

"At this point I shouldn't be this surprised by that, should I?"

"Nope~"

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

(I just listened to the last podcast today.  A question I wanted to ask for the next one, is there or has there ever been anything either we the players or you as the GM have done that have particularly shocked/horrified/whatevered you?)

"...bizulgrangh-huh?  Oh.  Oh.  Still here."
Yawning a bit and stretching, Mesk returns to the land of the present, having momentarily dozed off on his feet.
"Man, I hope the rest of this place is - oh shit!  I almost said... I meant to say, I hope the next few floors down kill us all horribly.  Heh.  Yeah, that's what I was gonna say."
Having narrowly avoided jinxing the mission's future, he takes a moment to figure out what's going on elsewhere, and decides that fixing the elevator would be a better use of his talents than fighting grey goo.
"Who knows what a nanite swarm could do to me, after all?" he muses silently.  "Regeneration only goes so far.  Even if I'm immune to disease... aging... I- I wonder if when this is all over, I'll be able to go home and live forever?  I wonder if I'll be able to forget this all if I live long enough...?"
Head to the elevators, determine what's wrong with them and how I could fix it.
Out loud Mesk says to nobody in particular, "Hey, maybe the elevators are getting jammed from upstairs, you know, the guys up there thought we learned too much about the virus they created and want to make sure we can't leave with that knowledge?"
(Send me a PM with the question, or I'll forget it.)

You ride the mesk train all the way to the elevator and flash the assembled teams gang signs for a few minutes before looking at the computer. You're not sure if you could actually fix this, least as things are. No matter what you do from here it's gonna keep getting overridden by those signals from the sensors upstairs.

"A simple verbal answer would have sufficed, no need to start eating things!" Flint said as he backed away, shocked from the unexpected sight.
Strategic retreat. Go near the place Thomas is. Look around for anything that could be used to take a sample of haze. Throw a chair at the haze. Then aim at it with my mining laser. Say this to the haze: "Hello there! This is a UWM rescue team. We mean you no harm!" Hazes weren't known for being talkative but it wouldn't hurt to try.

@Everyone:"Hey, people, there's a strange haze that I think just ate a door here. Could you please go and ask those murderdoctors what is going on here?"
You run back to the coward corner and huck a chair into the haze. It hits the haze and sort of sticks there for a seconds before starting to submerge into the cloud. Ok, so thats happening. You aim your laser at the haze and shout at it. It doesn't respond. How unfriendly.

"Yeah, what is that?" Faith asked, glancing at the haze. "I knew there was nothing good in the warm-morgue, but I sure as hell wasn't expecting silver mist."

Examine haze spreading speed. If I have a while, try to decrypt the files. If the haze appears to be moving quickly, grab what I can and get out of its way.
You take a close look at the haze. It's moving fairly slowly, but a bit to fast for your liking if you're just gonna sit around. Actually, now that you look of it, look really close at it, it's not a mist...it's like the pattern growing inside you; an extremely fine fractal pattern, clumped together like steel wool.

"Uh oh."

Stacy, Team C DJ, At Elevator.

"A gray haze, you say? Fascinating! And it ate a door, too? Hm."

He taps his faceplate for a bit.

"I think you may have found the ultimate weapon there, man! And it's free now. Quick, does it move like a single, unchanging cloud or does it spread in, like, a rolling fashion? Either's a very interesting possibility, though the second is far more lethal, I think. It does explain why somebody would have a nuke with a dead man's switch in the building and keep the detonator on hand at all times. I see two things we could possibly do: freeze it to absolute zero or allow the guy to nuke the place if he can, though either option has a good chance of not working."

With my superior elevator expertise, examine the elevator. See if the iris can be opened through any hacky-techy-improbable method. Don't do it, however.

Well, maybe you could get the iris open by cutting into the wall and forcing an override, but even with the iris open there's no guarantee that the elevator will move.

((I love how you just Shakespeared Jim XD))

Team C ; Feyri Nirel - Armored Mercenary - The Corridor outside the Laboratory.

Feyri nudged Simus as she pointed to Jim, then at the elevator in a 'let's pack up and leave' motion.

"Has anyone suspected that the doctor held a switch to a level four biological hazard area? I did...as I paced outside. What else could be kept behind a walled up morgue? For that matter, why was the graveyard walled up too?"

Feyri blinked as she noticed she was speaking out loud. "I-uh, err...Just me thinking out loud."

Examine graveyard - wall included, then the hospital from the graveyard PoV. Examine the corpses Jim is resting on.

Grab Jim, and get to the elevator.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

You see nothing really new in the graveyard, nothing that hasn't been seen already. Jim's bodies are...well they're bodies. And you can't see the hospital from the graveyard, they're in different areas.

This lack of information safe in your mind, you head back to the Elevator.

Thoughts of man-hats had largely left Lars's head at this point, distracted by the large number of people headed out to the elevators.  Lars decided to join them.

"Yes, my brothers and sisters, Steve's light is shining a beacon unto yonder elevator!"

Head to the elevator group.
You are Darth EleVader

"Gray mist that ate through a big ass metal door..." "yea, for the end is nigh. REPENT!" "Gentlemen, the universe has decided to eat us."

Poke my bad leg to see exactly how attached it still is. Ponder what the connection between the mist and sharks could be

Your leg is pretty much only attached thanks to the suit. Its all flippy floppy and dangling, not even attached by any flesh anymore, thanks to the iris in the suit.

And that mist is gray. Sharks are gray. That mist ate a chair. Sharks eat things. COINCIDENCE?! I THINK NOT!

Assist Feyri with Jim-Hauling, get to the elevator, and see if it's reparable.

If that mist got through a morgue door, which is almost certainly a very high level biohazard door, then we need to leave. NOW. Our suits won't even give it pause.
See above posts. 50 freaking mechanics around here.

Jim went to the elevator and waited, so that there was no need to haul him.
Vators gonna Vate. Except when they don't, which is currently the case.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #11823 on: February 01, 2013, 04:08:02 am »

((Hey people. I'll be gone for a week and I'll be back on Saturday next week. Miyamoto, are you willing to post actions for another huge robot for the time being?))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11824 on: February 01, 2013, 04:17:19 am »

"Knew it. Guys, the mist has the same pattern as the cough. I knew it was probably some bizarre manifestation of nanoeaters or whatever since it was coming from the plague-morgue, but now I've got confirmation. It's the plague, and it's a separate mobile entity for some godforsaken reason.

...so, suggestions? What I want to know is why it grows in human lungs if it can just putter around like this and eat metal doors at will. And why it decided to do that when the door was frozen. Maybe it's pissed off? Needs a warm enclosed space to function or build up or whatever?

And am I the only one who wants to figure this out instead of just running down another level?"
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11825 on: February 01, 2013, 06:00:19 am »

((Hey people. I'll be gone for a week and I'll be back on Saturday next week. Miyamoto, are you willing to post actions for another huge robot for the time being?))

((Sure, one can never have enough giant robots after all.))

Lucas action: Head to the elevator.

"Ok guys, unless anyone has something else to do on this level, I say we head down and find out what the hell is happening here."

"Yeah. Good idea. I'm just going to sit down for a minute if it's all the same to you, Milno. Hey, do you think that painkiller thing I got would help with these damn migraines if I dissolved it and injected it into my braincase?" Jim said, the last question directed at the team's medics/scientists although really anyone could answer.

"You know Jim, that might be a rather bad idea. Pain is there for a reason after all, it informs us of what's wrong and feels unpleasant so that we would try to fix it. When you get those awful headaches, it ensures you won't try to use your amps beyond your capabilities. But if the pain's not there, you might be more inclined to go just that step to far, which could mean the end of you. Just something to keep in mind."

Once everyone is on the lift and ready to go, hit button to go down.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11826 on: February 01, 2013, 06:51:40 am »

Faith sighed.

"So that's a yes, then."

Get as much of the data as I can; if that means plucking the hard drives out or something, so be it. Keep an eye on what the haze is doing if I can.

Then get to nearly out of earshot of the hospital. If I'm the last one out, blare in that a plague-haze has broken free of the morgue, and that if he wants to live I'd be willing to come back in and help haul him out.

If there's screaming of the Come Help I'm Not Going To Detonate The Hospital variety, go back in and haul him and anyone else I can out. Otherwise just follow teammates down the elevator, I suppose.

Then observe Flint, standing well back.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 07:05:22 am by IronyOwl »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11827 on: February 01, 2013, 06:56:56 am »

Name:Flint/Self-proclaimed scientist - Team C - Hospital, Administration, Coward Science corner

Flint looked left and right at the people leaving. Cowards. "I aint' running away from no shark mist! Not when there's science to be done. You guys go ahead, I'll catch up with you later. Now it's just you and me shark mist. Just like the time I played the protagonist in Maws. And I know exactly what to do with you..." Flint said, his laser pointing the mist, his eyes watching it closely.

((This is really out of character since my intelligence is supposed to be 0 but, someone's got to science that mist.))
Spoiler: Theories (click to show/hide)

"Testing theory number 3: 'Cold turns you on; Heat cools you down'. Firing half-second laser pulse at Grayshark mist. I'm going to use the scientific method on you, bitch, oh yes I am and I'm not gonna be gentle!" *evil scientist laughter* Use the mining laser to make a line on the floor, starting outside the mist and going inside it. Observe the results. "Addendum: If the experiment confirms my hypothesis booze and magma fire should be applied to solve the problem."

Flint paused for a moment, rethinking what he just said. "Wait a minute... This theory isn't preferable to the others. What happens when the infected are put in stasis for their journey back to the ship? What if command has already put someone infected in the 'freezer' and now they're busy trying to clean up topside?"
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 12:06:24 pm by Parisbre56 »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11828 on: February 01, 2013, 07:00:23 am »

Jim, it probably wouldn't help. The brain itself doesn't actually have any pain receptors, headaches and migraines and such are really misinterpreted signals or pain from elsewhere on the head, bu that doesn't really apply. If the painkiller messes with the brain's ability to process pain signals, maybe, but f it works like any other painkiller, but with a permanent effect, then no.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11829 on: February 01, 2013, 08:02:43 am »

Stacy, Team C DJ, In Elevator.

"Somebody should force an override, I think, to open up the iris and take a look up and see whether there's an actual blockage or the elevator is just screwing with us. And I am not going down a level just yet, what with all the crazy plague-mist spreading through this level. I think at least one team of people should stay up here to handle the mist situation or to warn the rest of the team if it gets too out of control. Can't have it eating everything around here unsupervised while we're messing around lower down."

Head back to hospital. Stay at a reasonable distance from the mist.

"Hey, guys, what say you we find out if the guy in the hospital lab was telling the truth about his dead man's switch?"
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 09:40:48 am by Harry Baldman »

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #11830 on: February 01, 2013, 08:49:53 am »

((Sure, one can never have enough giant robots after all.))

Lucas action: Head to the elevator.

((Awesome...Thanks bud!))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11831 on: February 01, 2013, 10:37:10 am »

"It's official people, someone is fucking with us. Unless we can disable or override whatever is causing the sensors to flip out like this, we won't be going up anytime soon. And this grey mist is totally giving me the alien vibes, or at least really advanced tech that isn't all that common."

Glancing at the elevator, Bishop turns to face the others.

"Well, unless you want to hang around here avoiding the grey cloud of painfull death, I think it's about time to head down a level. Maybe we can find something to use against the damn thing, or someone who knows what it is or SOMETHING."

Keep an eye out for trouble and bring up a view of the cams of the guy messing with the cloud so I can see what happens.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11832 on: February 01, 2013, 11:17:40 am »

Brother Lars looks around.

"I'm not sure what this alien shark mist is, but if we're concerned about it eating the whole level, what if it eats the elevator while we're below?  How will we get back up?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #11833 on: February 01, 2013, 01:59:35 pm »

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"Hmm... maybe I could get back to a higher level and try to unjam the signal from up there.  Any of your fliers wanna help me up the shaft?"
Determine if there's a way up the elevator shaft to the next level, then try and get up the elevator shaft to the next level.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11834 on: February 01, 2013, 02:26:25 pm »

"Hmmm... Another thing just occurred to me. Even the design of this elevator is strange. Instead of having many small elevators for people and a freight lift they have this giant inefficient elevator. And not only that. Said elevator is equiped with ireses and measures to ensure those irises stay locked, which won't be very useful to a civilian colony but would be very useful if you're trying to contain an outbreak. It looks like whoever built this place had at least some idea of what was here."
Pages: 1 ... 787 788 [789] 790 791 ... 1256