Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 771 772 [773] 774 775 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937157 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Bad With Children
« Reply #11580 on: January 21, 2013, 12:07:31 pm »

Brother Lars, standing near the surgery door, raises his arms.

"Oh Pathmas, may we be continually in your favor!  Vo-nos, bless this man's mechanical fists as he lays a smiting unto this heathen door!"

Wait near the door to Surgery for the giant metal-suited man to punch it open.  Investigate inside once the way is clear.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Bad with Children
« Reply #11581 on: January 21, 2013, 01:02:13 pm »

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Milno started to walk around the courtyard, examining it and occasionally throwing glances at the hospital to check if his teammates hadn't burned it to the ground.
"Hmm."

Check the courtyard and walls to see if it was a simple expansion or if there is another motive, such as adding an extra building or a hidden passage to other levels.
Spoiler: B Team (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11582 on: January 21, 2013, 02:58:25 pm »

"Oh Pathmas, may we be continually in your favor!  Vo-nos, bless this man's mechanical fists as he lays a smiting unto this heathen door!"

"Pancaek is the name, mercenary, adventurer,.." "And part-time dashing rogue, at your service whenever you need something burned to a cinder."
"Just stand a bit back. I don't want two more deaths troubling my conscience. It has enough troubles already." Oh, great, it seems like more and more escaped lunatics are gathering around me. I have to be careful. Ah, come on. You don't have to be so mean, they just want to help (And loot. And murder. But mostly help).  Great Robopope, now I'm talking to myself. I hope craziness isn't contagious.
Private channel to Flint:
I don't do flattery.
"It's not flattery if it's the truth." said Flint, putting all his charm to it. He didn't wanted to have a relationship with the robolady (or anyone really at this point in his life) but the thought that there was a woman that didn't find him irresistible or at least mildly attractive was not compatible with his ego. (After all, he used to be an actor. Good looks and charm was all he had.) He wouldn't drop the subject until he got at least a mild acceptance of his compliments. If she had a body I would comment on her curves, face, voice and personality. Err... What do I say about robots? "Your body is very streamlined, your screen is... very colorful and has a high resolution and your... voice synthesizer has the melody of a chipophone. And under the synthflesh there's the beautiful mind of a scientist." ((It was actually an in character way of acknowledging your differentiating features, but since you responded to it, you will now be subjected to Flint's full range of flattery until you accept his compliments or he gets bored or otherwise distracted.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11583 on: January 21, 2013, 03:57:55 pm »

Go to Simus and try to hack my way past the password. Get out of Gilgamesh if neccesary.

"Say, could I try my hand at it?"

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11584 on: January 21, 2013, 05:03:24 pm »

((It was actually an in character way of acknowledging your differentiating features, but since you responded to it, you will now be subjected to Flint's full range of flattery until you accept his compliments or he gets bored or otherwise distracted.))

((Bolded the reason it gets responded to.))

Still on the private channel:

Flint, I do not appreciate idle complements. I would appreciate it if you were to keep such to yourself, and your mind on the task at hand. If you feel you must persist, then do so back on the ship, not on the mission. I still won't like it, but it won't be a distraction from a mission.

General Radio:

Sure, here.

Hand datachip to Miyamoto.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11585 on: January 22, 2013, 01:40:39 am »

((Don't worry Paris, she's just playing hard to get. Don't give up yet!))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11586 on: January 22, 2013, 03:40:37 am »

Take cover near the surgery door and cover my teammates from possible horrible death. Take note of any maps I find on the way and copy them into my wrist computer, even if it's only a basic sketch or just words with lines linking them.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11587 on: January 22, 2013, 03:51:16 am »

Ok so update:
Tomorrow I do the Q&A recording so if you've got any more questions, now is the time.
Also, I am barely awake so if I fubble the postal or fuck all the ups you can blame that.

Jim moves on in to Imaging and looks around, letting everyone else know he's doing so via coms.

You go to imaging and look around. There are lots of imaging machines here, none of which you recognize. They're all very new looking, as is the room.

Stacy, Team C DJ, Outside Surgery.

To Flint: "Hey, mind coming over here and helping me with the surgery door? It's all chained up. That means there's treasure on the other side, dontcha know?"

Wait for knight in shining exosuit to rescue any damsels in distress on the other side. Retreat slightly from the door.
You dance step away from the door partner and await a new king of disco.

Anyone here decent at hacking?

Examine the body in full. Make note of how it was cut up, where incisions were made, and the point of such.
Looks like we got a general "Y" cut for gooey innie bits, but also the skin and muscle has been all flayed open and even the bone as been split. Looks like the point of it was to examine any and all tissues.

"THEY WERE MEDDLING WITH HIS KLEENEX!"

Realize the terrible truth of this place.
"It's PEOPLE! THE BOOZE IS PEOPLE!'

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"Yeah, I figured.  Ewww."
Look around for medical supplies.

Well there are certainly a lot of fucking beakers and shit here. Do they count? You want some beakers?

Team D - Lukas - Hospital Lobby

Shout motivating remarks at the rest of the team while waiting in the hospital lobby.

"It's probably not to late to do anything. You can probably make a difference, maybe. Command totally isn't just executing everyone we save. Etc."

Anyone here decent at hacking?
"I might be. What have you got?

Also, knew it. Not like they had anything else around here to brew, and more corpses than they could use.

Guess the next question is, are any of them still alive, and if so where and what are they doing?"

Look around for security cameras or other ways someone might be keeping an eye on us.
There ain't no peeping johns or tomigans here, ma'am. No squishy eyes to pry and stare, least wise none you see. Maybe there are, but you don't see them, just like all the cameras in the girls showers. 

Name:Flint/Knight in shining bloody exosuit -Team C - Hospital, ER

"I'm leaving this datapad here Doctor Roboto, if you or anyone else want to try to unlock it. Also, by the way, you have one of the most beautiful robobodies compared to the rest of the robots here. Just sayin'." said Flint as he exited the room. Hopefully robowomen liked compliments as much as regular women, cause he needed some non-crazy friends in this place and she seemed like a nice start. ((I've skipped some pages of the on ship thread, so I may be missing some things about how people look. Also, what happened to people who asked for "enchantments"?))

Leave the datapad with Simus. Go to the Surgery door. Make everyone stand back, just in case there are explosions or murder aliens on the other side. Then chisel around the handle and slowly and carefully open the door. If that fails, just break it down. Oh and knock first. We don't want to be rude, now do we?

"Yes, but treasure rooms are usually trapped." said Flint as he skipped into the room Stacy was, pounding his hands together in the imitation of a horse's gallop. "Have we brought a rogue with us?"

((Edit:Hey, didn't someone had a glove that could alter machines? Maybe they can use that to unlock the chip.))
You knock onthe door.It doesn't knock back. You stroke the door lovingly with your rod and then thrust in repeatedly until it bursts open in an explosion of broken metal and joy.

YAY!

"Yes, but treasure rooms are usually trapped." said Flint as he skipped into the room Stacy was, pounding his hands together in the imitation of a horse's gallop. "Have we brought a rogue with us?"

Go stand by flint as he opens the door, rifle at the ready

Pancaek is the name, mercenary, adventurer,.." "Murderer, lunatic..." "And part-time dashing rogue, at your service whenever you need something burned to a cinder."

*gurgling*

Yeah, yeah you hang around with flint and watch with rapt delight as he slams open the double doors of pleasure with his turgid staff of penetration.

Thomas shrugs.
"Hey May, what're you getting up to?"
Go over to May, help her with whatever she's doing, check up on all equipment. Also look around for any collapsed rubble, or anything that the group hasn't seen yet..

Everything is fine. May's fine. Equipment is fine. Rubble is fine. As per what the group hasn't seen, I dare say they haven't seen a camel fellate a whale but this hardly seems like the time. 

((Also, what happened to people who asked for "enhancements"?))

((
>No more giant penises. We had a sort of Arms Race once when one guy ordered himself a 14inch synth-flesh abomination and the guy after him had to order one that was 15 inches. It kept escalating till someone got their entire lower body replaced with a slithering, naga tail package that they actually got around on.

I had to vent the entire living quarters.

))

Faith, I've got a locked medical datachip that I would quite enjoy knowing the contents of.

Private channel to Flint:

I don't do flattery.

"Listen, lady, your past romantic conquests or lack there of with some guy named Flattery isn't my business. Although, to be honest I'm beginning to wonder if you ever do anything. And Just to let you know, I could make a joke about "a steel trap" here, but I won't. Because I'm classy."

Wait near the door to Surgery for the giant metal-suited man to punch it open.  Investigate inside once the way is clear.

The surgery room is a surgical theater with a man bed surrounded by an observing theater. There's a body on the bed. This seems to be a pattern around here.

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Milno started to walk around the courtyard, examining it and occasionally throwing glances at the hospital to check if his teammates hadn't burned it to the ground.
"Hmm."

Check the courtyard and walls to see if it was a simple expansion or if there is another motive, such as adding an extra building or a hidden passage to other levels.
Spoiler: B Team (click to show/hide)

If there's a hidden door or secret revolving bookcase you don't see any sign of it, it just looks like a simple expansion.

Go to Simus and try to hack my way past the password. Get out of Gilgamesh if neccesary.

"Say, could I try my hand at it?"
[aux:4+1]
You break the password.Turns out it was "This isn't a password 123penis"

((Don't worry Paris, she's just playing hard to get. Don't give up yet!))

Better yet, get a robot body yourself so I can utter the phrase "Pneumatically driven love thrust"

Take cover near the surgery door and cover my teammates from possible horrible death. Take note of any maps I find on the way and copy them into my wrist computer, even if it's only a basic sketch or just words with lines linking them.
You walk to surgery after taking a picture of the map with your suit's camera.
"Bloody lack of google  street view around here."

I am so so sorry for all of this.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11588 on: January 22, 2013, 04:49:00 am »

(I think we need to deprive PW of all sleep from now until October. XD)

Jim waits in Imaging for everyone else to catch up and keeps an eye on things.

Actually he just follows Faith when she passes by to act as bodyguard/lookout for her.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 05:02:45 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11589 on: January 22, 2013, 04:51:21 am »

((Tired piecewise is best piecewise. We should definitely do this more often.

Also Medical Map Thing for everyone who, like me, is getting slightly lost and doesn't want to dig that far back for it every time.))

Open door to Patient SC. If all looks clear, continue on to and examine Labs.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11590 on: January 22, 2013, 04:51:40 am »

I am so so sorry for all of this.
((Yes, thank you.))

Team C ; Feyri Nirel - Armored Mercenary

"Has anyone the...err, suspicion that we should just report what we've all seen here and not tamper with whatever syndromes we may acquire through our own interference with our environment?" Feyri asked, remembering one passage from an old, bland book she read a long time ago.

"Oh, has anyone checked for any incinerators, or garbage disposal systems?"

Return to squad. Preferably, squad A lead.

Spoiler: A/C Coalition (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Edit:
Also Medical Map Thing
((I love your mindset. :P))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11591 on: January 22, 2013, 05:13:14 am »

Name:Flint/Robo Romancer - Team C - Hospital, Surgical

"And I thought surgury rooms were for saving people, not killing them." sighed Flint as he saw the contents of the room. "All yours boys and girls." he said as he left, his work here done.

Go with Faith to the Patient SC. (That the door gets broken if it ddoesn't open goes without saying.) Look around. ((Two mining exosuits together. What could possibly go wrong?))

((I was about to give up but your encouraging words convinced me to continue. Plus I think we lack exosuit on robot action. Let's see we have human on human, robot on robot, human on robot, human on transhuman, human on albino freak, human on tiger, human on whatever eldritch abomination the doctor is...))
Not now, back on the ship? Was that a yes? It sounded like a yes. I knew it. No woman can resist me! "Oh, come on Simus, you don't have to be so mean. You break my hart you know. What do you want me to do? You want me to beg?" said Flint as he got down on his exosuit knees in front of Simus."Here I am, I'm on my knees and I'm begging you. Will you please accept my compliments?"

(("Pneumatically driven love thrust!" Sounds like something a cartoon superhero would say. If he was a strange mix of cuddly bear, cyborg fighter and pervert.))
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 08:30:13 pm by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11592 on: January 22, 2013, 08:17:27 am »

Stacy, Team C DJ, Outside Surgery.

"Good gods almighty, this place is boring. They seem to have run out of interesting stuff at the lobby. Where are the dirty surgical implements? The signs of horrible hackjobs done on unwilling subjects? Where are the horrible crimes against humanity?"

Stacy taps his faceplate thoughtfully.

"Well, I suppose the crimes against humanity will turn up eventually. Well, I hope. Otherwise this place will have been quite the letdown."

Boogie over to the door to imaging and take a look at it. Make sure it's the "ceaselessly check for deadly traps everywhere, especially the ceiling" kind of boogie rather than the "carelessly blunder into said traps, if there are any" sort.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11593 on: January 22, 2013, 08:25:57 am »

Get back inside Gilgamesh, go to the laundry area. Investigate.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11594 on: January 22, 2013, 09:54:24 am »

Private Channel:

Yeah, keep at it, Flint, that's really the best way not to annoy the cyborg. I will now be blocking all communications from you from the remainder of this mission, and if you persist back on the ship, I will have no qualms about shutting you up.

Block all comms from Flint.

Private channel, Jim:

Jim, would you mind redirecting anything Flint says that is relevant to the mission to me? He is doing his absolute best to irritate me, so I've blocked his transmissions before he gets to the point I would consider getting him sent back topside.

General Radio:

This guy looks like he was tortured, with evidence of extreme beating and laceration, and then autopsied or vivisected. Either that or subjected to an extreme vivisection, or a very unprofessional autopsy. Miyamoto, you broken open that datachip?

Retrieve datachip from Miyamoto, and examine the contents thereof.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 09:57:05 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 771 772 [773] 774 775 ... 1256