Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 770 771 [772] 773 774 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937132 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Bad With Children
« Reply #11565 on: January 20, 2013, 10:51:04 pm »

(Pyro's right. I did specifically ask that Simus be put in a feminine model to help differentiate from Jim, even though he admitted that his massive arms would probably be difference enough. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11566 on: January 20, 2013, 11:20:35 pm »

Investigate plastic of the general vicinity.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Bad with Children
« Reply #11567 on: January 20, 2013, 11:49:07 pm »

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Check the exterior of the hospital for anything that might have been missed.
Spoiler: B Team (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11568 on: January 21, 2013, 01:06:57 am »

Party at the still, examine machinery, try and intuit anything helpful.

[intuition: 6+1]

Your intuition tells you that you should be spending more time alone with May. Naked.

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"Hey!  I know what that is!  It's uh... shit.  Gimme a moment."
Investigate organic soup.

You try to get some of the fluid in a beaker to examine and come up with not only some fluid but a handful of bones as well.

"oh."

Stacy, Team C DJ, At The Sink.

"Well, time to stop screwing around and get to work."

Go to ER. Look for surgery area, exercising maximum caution. Peek around corners before walking past them, for one. Also, watch out for floor-based traps. And ceiling-based traps. And wall-based traps. And door-based traps. Any traps, really.
You head past everyone examining the er rooms and for the door marked "Surgery". You try to open it but it seems jammed. You hear chain clinking on the other side. They must have chained the handles together or something.

Jim continues to check doors until either something happens or he runs out of doors to check.

You bash your way through into the rest of the rooms. You don't find any more bodies or anything interesting really. Guess flint got lucky. If finding a corpse makes you lucky.

If the room beyond is large enough to fit me, carefully force my way through the door. Then, go to imaging (also enlarging the door if I have to).

If not, go to the graveyard and start thouroughly combing through it, using heat and normal vision. Stop at anything even remotely interesting.

"Stupid colonists with their discriminatory architecture against big robotic suits."

You basically crawl your way  around to the door to imaging and punch it open. The area is odd. There's no dividing walls or separate sections, all the imaging machinery is just sitting around in a big open room. And the way the beds for the various machines are designed and set up it looks like they were designed to transfer directly from beds, as though they expected their patients to be unconscious...or worse.

Not only that but everything looks very new.

Team D - Lukas - Hospital Lobby

Check whether there is a room that Lukas can explore without having to break down walls.

Well, you could crawl along like Miyamoto, but in terms of exploring in a sensible and non-idiot looking fashion, no, not really.

Name:Flint/Deeper Scum - Team C - Hospital, ER, door number 6

"Hmmm... They restrained them while monitoring them... And then they locked them in? Why would they do that? Does the disease provoke violence or were they experimented upon?" Flint thought out aloud.

Check the body for cause of death. Is it more or less decomposed compared to the miner on the first level? Then put the chip in my datapad and see what info it contains. Look especially for something that may detail the progress of the disease, what they did to the man, when that man died or got sick, why was he restrained etc.

"We've got a dead body here. Restrained to a bed. Along with what looks like a medical chart. Any of the doctors want to come check it out?"

Also, watch out for floor-based traps.
((What if they have an anvil ready to drop on you or a giant magnet on a fishing rod, ACME style? Or more realistically they might have put some corrosive substance in a bucket on top of a door or they might have rigged a giant superconducting medical magnet to pin you to the wall.))
Cause of death is hard to tell just from the body; mainly because it looks like someone filleted him. Hes more decomposed then the miners, so hes been here longer.

You pop the chip into your pad and it asks for a password.  Of course.

Lars looked on, not hearing Feyri ask for a blessing as she is dragged off.

"May the light of Steve shine on us all."

Head down the ER hallway to search the next area.  Search Surgery instead if ER is already checked enough.
The Er Rooms are all being searched or have been searched and whats worse, surgery is locked up! The existential terror of being unhelpful floods into every fiber of your being.

I'll come take a look, Flint. Not much more I can do here at this still, I don't recognize what they were using in the fermentation, especially now it's been used. Maybe if I had a mass spectrometer.

Go and look over Flint's body's medical chart.

Passwords. Locked. Data beyond your grasp. The pain. Sandstorm, deep hurting.

Assist Lukas with whatever it is he's doing for the next couple of turns. He can call my actions if necessary.

((Sorry for the lack of participation. I've been a bit on edge recently, and ER probably isn't the best place to get a calm, rational view of the world. Be back playing at my full arm-exploding excellence in a few days. Probably sooner.))

You and Lukas Bro out in the lobby, hanging around, too cool for work.

"So I'm guessing he's dead huh...well you have fun poking it for the cause, I call dibs on his belongings."

[b]Wait for Flint to determine the things he wishes to determine, then check the body and room for anything usable/valuable. should the body have nothing on it, stab it repeatedly with spoon in frustration[/b]scratch that, wait around until everyone is done prodding the dead for his secrets, then claim my prizes

You wait for some sort of hypothetical future where your team mates aren't constantly desecrating the dead. Its bound to happen eventually, right?

Right?

"Yeah, it's pretty odd. I saw how it was different looking from everything else in here and I thought that it might have been a false wall or hiding something. Anyway, just give me a sec and I'll see if I can find if the doctors hid anything here, and then we'll head back."

Examine the entire wall closely with both my eyes and hands, searching for signs where there could be a false section, hidden door or secret panel. If I find nothing at all, then head back to link up with the others with Feyri.
You look around, running your gloved hands over the wall and tapping on it, trying to find a hollow space somewhere. You don't find anything. You guess that this place just got expanded in the resent past. An unsettling coincidence.

You join back up with the rest of the forces.

Investigate plastic of the general vicinity.
It's very plastic...y.

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Check the exterior of the hospital for anything that might have been missed.
Spoiler: B Team (click to show/hide)
You head back outside and look around. Hmm, the courtyard here, the walls look pretty new now that you think about it, newer then the ones in the halls at least. Maybe the courtyard was expanded recently?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11569 on: January 21, 2013, 01:18:24 am »

Jim moves on in to Imaging and looks around, letting everyone else know he's doing so via coms.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11570 on: January 21, 2013, 01:30:49 am »

Stacy, Team C DJ, Outside Surgery.

To Flint: "Hey, mind coming over here and helping me with the surgery door? It's all chained up. That means there's treasure on the other side, dontcha know?"

Wait for knight in shining exosuit to rescue any damsels in distress on the other side. Retreat slightly from the door.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11571 on: January 21, 2013, 01:35:18 am »

Anyone here decent at hacking?

Examine the body in full. Make note of how it was cut up, where incisions were made, and the point of such.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11572 on: January 21, 2013, 01:42:45 am »

Realize the terrible truth of this place.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #11573 on: January 21, 2013, 02:34:14 am »

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"Yeah, I figured.  Ewww."
Look around for medical supplies.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #11574 on: January 21, 2013, 03:35:24 am »

Team D - Lukas - Hospital Lobby

Shout motivating remarks at the rest of the team while waiting in the hospital lobby.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11575 on: January 21, 2013, 05:16:11 am »

Anyone here decent at hacking?
"I might be. What have you got?

Also, knew it. Not like they had anything else around here to brew, and more corpses than they could use.

Guess the next question is, are any of them still alive, and if so where and what are they doing?"

Look around for security cameras or other ways someone might be keeping an eye on us.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11576 on: January 21, 2013, 05:20:48 am »

Name:Flint/Knight in shining bloody exosuit -Team C - Hospital, ER

"I'm leaving this datapad here Doctor Roboto, if you or anyone else want to try to unlock it. Also, by the way, you have one of the most beautiful robobodies compared to the rest of the robots here. Just sayin'." said Flint as he exited the room. Hopefully robowomen liked compliments as much as regular women, cause he needed some non-crazy friends in this place and she seemed like a nice start. ((I've skipped some pages of the on ship thread, so I may be missing some things about how people look. Also, what happened to people who asked for "enchantments"?))

Leave the datapad with Simus. Go to the Surgery door. Make everyone stand back, just in case there are explosions or murder aliens on the other side. Then chisel around the handle and slowly and carefully open the door. If that fails, just break it down. Oh and knock first. We don't want to be rude, now do we?

"Yes, but treasure rooms are usually trapped." said Flint as he skipped into the room Stacy was, pounding his hands together in the imitation of a horse's gallop. "Have we brought a rogue with us?"

((Edit:Hey, didn't someone had a glove that could alter machines? Maybe they can use that to unlock the chip.))
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 05:41:24 am by Parisbre56 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11577 on: January 21, 2013, 11:20:15 am »

"Yes, but treasure rooms are usually trapped." said Flint as he skipped into the room Stacy was, pounding his hands together in the imitation of a horse's gallop. "Have we brought a rogue with us?"

Go stand by flint as he opens the door, rifle at the ready

Pancaek is the name, mercenary, adventurer,.." "Murderer, lunatic..." "And part-time dashing rogue, at your service whenever you need something burned to a cinder."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11578 on: January 21, 2013, 11:53:13 am »

Thomas shrugs.
"Hey May, what're you getting up to?"
Go over to May, help her with whatever she's doing, check up on all equipment. Also look around for any collapsed rubble, or anything that the group hasn't seen yet..
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 11:54:49 am by Spinal_Taper »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11579 on: January 21, 2013, 11:53:54 am »

((Also, what happened to people who asked for "enhancements"?))

((
>No more giant penises. We had a sort of Arms Race once when one guy ordered himself a 14inch synth-flesh abomination and the guy after him had to order one that was 15 inches. It kept escalating till someone got their entire lower body replaced with a slithering, naga tail package that they actually got around on.

I had to vent the entire living quarters.

))

Faith, I've got a locked medical datachip that I would quite enjoy knowing the contents of.

Private channel to Flint:

I don't do flattery.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 770 771 [772] 773 774 ... 1256