Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 769 770 [771] 772 773 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937354 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Bad With Children
« Reply #11550 on: January 20, 2013, 02:50:12 pm »

"Say, Simus, could you describe that film to me? Does it look like a biofilm of sorts?"

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11551 on: January 20, 2013, 02:53:15 pm »

"Red eh? Well, we were mostly growing genetically engineered stuff that could survive in the desert and most of them were blue or green, so I don't know for sure, but if I had to guess, I'd say it's must. Mature grapes are dark red, yeast from fermentation produces a small bubbly layer on top and there were hundreds of wine bottles inside crates in the first level (probably stuff the governor ordered with his newfound wealth) so it wouldn't surprise me if they had their own vineyards to sate his thirst when the "good stuff" from off world ran out. Hmmm... So that would make the end result... brandy?"
"Then again it could always be some kind of alien stuff. Hey, hey, how's that for a name: 'Alien Brandy: made from real alien grapes'." Flint said spreading his arms in the air as if holding an invisible sign. "If it's good we could make a fortune. Hehehe." Flint joked.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 03:01:33 pm by Parisbre56 »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11552 on: January 20, 2013, 03:21:17 pm »

Doesn't seem like a biofilm, it seems liquid, like oil on water.

And Flint, we'll probably know more if Mesk agrees to test it, apart from actually drinking it. For all we know, it may have been distilled until it's effectively pure ethanol, and could no longer be considered a drink.

Note to self: Procure a laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy package.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 03:23:49 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #11553 on: January 20, 2013, 04:16:49 pm »

Assist Lukas with whatever it is he's doing for the next couple of turns. He can call my actions if necessary.

((Sorry for the lack of participation. I've been a bit on edge recently, and ER probably isn't the best place to get a calm, rational view of the world. Be back playing at my full arm-exploding excellence in a few days. Probably sooner.))
It's a game. Have fun.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11554 on: January 20, 2013, 04:23:12 pm »

"So I'm guessing he's dead huh...well you have fun poking it for the cause, I call dibs on his belongings."

[b]Wait for Flint to determine the things he wishes to determine, then check the body and room for anything usable/valuable. should the body have nothing on it, stab it repeatedly with spoon in frustration[/b]scratch that, wait around until everyone is done prodding the dead for his secrets, then claim my prizes

« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 05:40:31 pm by Pancaek »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11555 on: January 20, 2013, 05:21:50 pm »

Pancaek, please refrain from desecrating the body until I have examined it. That includes removing anything on it.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11556 on: January 20, 2013, 05:38:36 pm »

"Killjoy, I'm still calling dibs on anything valuable he's got."

"He wants our loot, the bastard, be ready to shoot him in the back" "Shoot murderbots distand inbred cousin? No thanks, I rather enjoy living."

(edited previous post)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11557 on: January 20, 2013, 06:16:59 pm »

"Killjoy, I'm still calling dibs on anything valuable he's got."

"She wants our loot, the bastard, be ready to shoot her in the back" "Shoot murderbot's distant inbred cousin? No thanks, I rather enjoy living."

(edited previous post)

((Fix'd.))

I doubt there would be anything of particular value on a dead hospital patient, but once I'm done, you can do whatever you want with the body and whatever it may have.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11558 on: January 20, 2013, 06:36:46 pm »

((whoops sorry about that. I sometimes lose track of what everyone's character is/looks like.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11559 on: January 20, 2013, 07:20:22 pm »

"Could you please stop arguing about the poor man like koraks over a dead horse? If you want to loot bodies there are plenty of them in the cemetery. And don't worry, once we examine it, the corpse and its possessions will be all yours. It's not like he'll be needing them any more.  Just try not to desecrate it too much."
((I too have made that mistake. Maybe you can give an in character explanation that the robot body and unisex name make it hard to tell. Maybe she should put a pink ribbon on her head. Or ask the doctor for "enhancements".))
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 07:24:26 pm by Parisbre56 »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11560 on: January 20, 2013, 07:31:07 pm »

((I too have made that mistake. Maybe you can give an in character explanation that the robot body and unisex name make it hard to tell. Maybe she should put a pink ribbon on her head. Or ask the doctor for "enhancements".))

((Remember what apparently happened in the last group with the guys in synthflesh bodies tried to have "enhancements"?

'sides, if memory serves, Jim asked that I be put in a more feminine prosthetic body, so I got one slightly more streamlined from the normal model.))
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 08:03:00 pm by PyroDesu »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11561 on: January 20, 2013, 08:30:09 pm »

((to be fair, it is just inner monologue so none of you heard that. or maybe it lijah was just insulting you...we will never know.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11562 on: January 20, 2013, 09:43:05 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11563 on: January 20, 2013, 10:02:35 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((didn't she end up attacking you when robo wouldn't join her? bad omens man))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11564 on: January 20, 2013, 10:09:26 pm »

"Yeah, it's pretty odd. I saw how it was different looking from everything else in here and I thought that it might have been a false wall or hiding something. Anyway, just give me a sec and I'll see if I can find if the doctors hid anything here, and then we'll head back."

Examine the entire wall closely with both my eyes and hands, searching for signs where there could be a false section, hidden door or secret panel. If I find nothing at all, then head back to link up with the others with Feyri.
Pages: 1 ... 769 770 [771] 772 773 ... 1256