Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 760 761 [762] 763 764 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3938828 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Bad With Children
« Reply #11415 on: January 15, 2013, 05:01:31 am »

Jim nodded what was left of his head, his neutral-expressioned emoticon sparking and fading in and out as he did so. "Right. We'll get these people out of here, for their own good. No matter what it takes."

With that, Jim took point and led the teams into the hospital, pushing open the door and immediately surveying the area for signs of life.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11416 on: January 15, 2013, 08:23:08 am »

"How were the people? Did they have any knowledge of their attackers? Or...of this area?"
"Well, I don't have much firsthand knowledge, the rest of the team took care of them. By the time I got to the entrance with the child most of the people had been evacuated. But I'll tell you what I heard from the team, since your communicator seemed to be malfunctioning at the time. Know however that there's going to be some speculation.
We found the last recording of a man that had apparently committed suicide, presumably to avoid starvation. The recording indicated that the man had locked himself in the radio station, when the block was attacked by the doctors. However the door jammed from the flames and he was trapped. Some citizens I believe fought back and managed to barricade a section of C block and stop the doctors, who presumably either died or returned here.
Stacy (eventually) used the radio station to transmit a message urging the people of C block to move towards the entrance. They must have been listening, because many of them came. However I split after we reached the radio station to chase the child."

"Tell me more...about the orphan, Flint."
"The child was... not in a good state. It was covered in ash, it was pale and undernourished. Poor thing was so afraid of people. And I bet the fact that I was wearing a suit didn't help. It must have seen the doctors with their bio-hazard suits burning its home, its friends, its parents... So sad, so alone, so afraid... I- I'm sorry, I don't want to talk about it. It reminds me of other things." Flint closed his faceplate, hoping to hide his sadness... and his guilt. "I just wish command had told us what is going to happen to these people, to these children.
Anyway, I manage to gain its trust after a while and it"
here come the half-truths "fell asleep after I managed to help it relax a bit. Now it's on it's way to an uncertain place and a more uncertain future. I just wish it finds peace and happiness in its life and puts this terrible place behind it."
Spoiler: A/C Coalition (click to show/hide)
((So we're part of a coalition of Air Conditioning technicians? :incredibly lame pun:))
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 10:32:30 am by Parisbre56 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11417 on: January 15, 2013, 08:41:53 am »

"So what? Riots break out, people get hurt and murdered, yet the hospital courtyard is completely devoid of any signs of people of struggle? I'm not buying this, something's up."

Stay low and scan the area for movements or signs. Follow Miyamoto should he do something

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11418 on: January 15, 2013, 08:50:10 am »

((So we're part of a coalition of Air Conditioning technicians? :incredibly lame pun:))
((Puns make me laugh XD))

Feyri turned towards Miyamoto, tapping on his Armor.

"Can someone broadcast our intentions? Who suspects minefield all around us? I do. Also, that was an 'it', Flint? You....couldn't tell his gender? Err- anyway, yeah. I'm...glad they're alive and safe.

"Children should never see the horrors of war, firsthand. Let them rejoice with Holodata and Virtual Reality."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11419 on: January 15, 2013, 10:55:20 am »

Stacy, Team C DJ, Outside Hospital.

"Anybody else think this place looks great, all things considered? I'm loving this fake park, personally. Seriously, though, nothing seems melted, on fire or shot up into tiny bits. How crazy is that? Those doctors know how to protect their turf, looks like."

Examine the front of the hospital. Is there anything amiss, horribly wrong or treacherous about it? Look for any signs of destruction or violence. Don't approach the hospital before anyone else, however. Oh, and grab some fake grass while I'm at it. Is it the kind of fake grass that grows and spreads? Finally, the most important question - are the lights on in the hospital?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 04:03:14 pm by Harry Baldman »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11420 on: January 15, 2013, 11:27:36 am »

((Well, piecewise referred to it as "the child" which is gender neutral and I never considered gender to be important so I Wait, I just checked the previous posts and he used "he" on a sentence referring to the child, so I guess that means it was male. I referred to the child as "it" because in my first language we use the equivalent of "it" when gender is not important. I guess it is not the same in English. But I won't edit my post. The child was young (too young I think to have developed characteristic gender traits) and he was malnourished and covered in ash, so discerning the gender was difficult. And while grabbing a child and looking at its genitals may be appropriate method for discerning the gender of dogs, I don't think it is polite (or legal) to do this to children, especially when your player character is an old man. At least that's how I'd explain it if I needed to.))

"Well, it was hard to tell. It was in a bad shape, it wasn't talking and frankly I had more important priorities at the moment. If I had to guess I'd say he was a boy, but I can't see why that matters?"
"Children should never see the horrors of war, firsthand. Let them rejoice with Holodata and Virtual Reality."
"Indeed. It pains me to see young people in such terrible position. And that is why I am also in part saddened by your presence. You shouldn't be in the HMRC with us crazy people. A kind and compassionate young girl such as you should have been given a second chance no-matter the crime. But, as always, the UWM shows its true face: merciless, cold and sadistic... But look at me, rambling on like some crazy old fool. I've probably talked your ear off. Let's forget about all this and continue on with our mission." Hopefully you will survive until the end of your 'term of enlistment'.
"Those doctors know how to protect their turf, looks like."
"Or how to clean up their mess."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Death and Butts
« Reply #11421 on: January 15, 2013, 11:37:26 am »

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Milno stared at the elevator for a moment before turning back.
"Let's move with team D, nothing else to do now."

Follow team D, turn on lamps and check around with the motion sensor, turning it off if it is more trouble than it is worth at the moment.
Spoiler: B Team (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 03:34:29 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11422 on: January 15, 2013, 11:43:35 am »

"Or how to clean up their mess."

"Or that, yes. Either way, admirable work on their part, keeping the area clean and safe-looking even in times like these."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11423 on: January 15, 2013, 12:34:24 pm »

Follow Milno, scan the area with heat detection, x-ray and normal.

[Team B SNiper:Thomas]

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11424 on: January 15, 2013, 01:59:14 pm »

I agree with Flint. Not entirely unexpected though, especially since the graveyard is on this level as well. Doctors are very good at keeping their areas clear, and are in no way squemish about handeling cadavers.

Examine the contents of the datachip given to me by the civilian leader from the entertainment plaza.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11425 on: January 15, 2013, 02:35:01 pm »

"Yes, your excellency!"

Head in with Team D.  Turn on light lamps.  Pray.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11426 on: January 15, 2013, 06:03:38 pm »

"Can someone broadcast our intentions? Who suspects minefield all around us? I do. Also, that was an 'it', Flint? You....couldn't tell his gender? Err- anyway, yeah. I'm...glad they're alive and safe.

'I am doing that as we speak.'

Blare blatant.lies.mp3 over external speakers and over all radio frequencies.
Scan around with heat vision.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 06:06:09 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11427 on: January 15, 2013, 10:38:52 pm »

Team A and C

Jim nodded what was left of his head, his neutral-expressioned emoticon sparking and fading in and out as he did so. "Right. We'll get these people out of here, for their own good. No matter what it takes."

With that, Jim took point and led the teams into the hospital, pushing open the door and immediately surveying the area for signs of life.

You Stomp your way forward, right up to the front double doors and open them both with a triumphant shove. As they swing open you hear something click.

"Oh."

[dex:5]
[Exo:3+1+1]
You throw up your hands as the front of the hospital detonates, spraying metal, glass and flaming debris out like a claymore. A moment later you come striding out of the smoke and wreckage, flying the double bird with debris floating around you.

"Fuck you all! There ain't a thing you can do to stop this man!"

I agree with Flint. Not entirely unexpected though, especially since the graveyard is on this level as well. Doctors are very good at keeping their areas clear, and are in no way squemish about handeling cadavers.

Examine the contents of the datachip given to me by the civilian leader from the entertainment plaza.

You stick the datachip into your pad and take a look at the contents. Hmm, the data is scattered into dozens of files, all sorts of things from financial reports to mining surveys. You are in the middle of trying to figure out which one to open first when the goddamn world explodes.

[Will:5]

The explosion roars over you but nothing happens. Well one thing happens: You drop everything you're holding as your entire body goes incorporeal for a half second as the explosion passes.

'I am doing that as we speak.'

Blare blatant.lies.mp3 over external speakers and over all radio frequencies.
Scan around with heat vision.

You begin blaring the audio recording and switch over to Heat vision. It's very uninteresting up until it turns completely white because the building explodes.

"Huh." You say as flame and shrapnel pass harmlessly over your suit, "So thats happening."

Stacy, Team C DJ, Outside Hospital.

"Anybody else think this place looks great, all things considered? I'm loving this fake park, personally. Seriously, though, nothing seems melted, on fire or shot up into tiny bits. How crazy is that? Those doctors know how to protect their turf, looks like."

Examine the front of the hospital. Is there anything amiss, horribly wrong or treacherous about it? Look for any signs of destruction or violence. Don't approach the hospital before anyone else, however. Oh, and grab some fake grass while I'm at it. Is it the kind of fake grass that grows and spreads? Finally, the most important question - are the lights on in the hospital?

You bend down as you follow along behind Miyamoto and start tearing out a few of the blades of plastic grass. You've got a good handful when hospital front detonates. You cower behind Miyamoto's leg as shrapnel plinks and clangs off everything around you. Why does everything have to explode? Why can't things explode only when you want them to?

Team C ; Feyri Nirel - Armored Mercenary

"Tell me more...about the orphan, Flint." Feyri said as she looked through her scope at the hospital windows, checking for any sign of movement or status of the Hospital, following Jim if nothing hostile is presented. "How were the people? Did they have any knowledge of their attackers? Or...of this area?"

=+=~Private Channel - James Kelly~=+=
"Thanks Jim...I'm glad to know that even at times like these, the people here have hope- however faint and crushed by their own allies. We're together in this, so let's make a mark for the team!"

((Tyvm @ Skyrunner for helping me with loads of things!))
You stick near Jim as he walks toward the hospital doors, scanning the windows as you go. You don't see any terrifying leering figures so you keep following jim. This proves to be a poor choice.
[end:6]
You get picked up and thrown a good dozen feet by the blast that tears apart the front of the hospital and land on one of the patches of fake grass. You get up a moment later, stunned, confused, but otherwise uninjured.

"That was lucky."

"So what? Riots break out, people get hurt and murdered, yet the hospital courtyard is completely devoid of any signs of people of struggle? I'm not buying this, something's up."

Stay low and scan the area for movements or signs. Follow Miyamoto should he do something

You stick behind Miyamoto and are shielded from the blast by is magnificent metal ass. Praise be to Miyamoto's ass.

Name:Flint/Deeper Scum - Team C - Shost memorial hospital, courtyard

"That's... not what I expected. In a way, I would had preferred it if there were piles of burning bodies and crazy homicidal flamethrower wielding maniacs around here. Now... now I don't know what to think. What kind of horrors await us in there?" Actually tthere was ONE crazy homicidal flamethrower wielding maniac around here...

Keep moving towards the hospital.
EDIT: It says near the main building. Are there other buildings around here? Or is it just to differentiate the hospital building from the hospital area?

"Careful team, I've got a bad feeling about this."

@Feyri:"Nothing terribly important happened that you don't already know. We found the stabbed doctor, we found that the doctors went to C block from Shost memmorial claiming they were going to help the people there, but were really just planning to burn everyone, Stacy became a DJ, scared some people and gave some 'gifts', I... helped an orphan and we evacuated most if not all civies in our block."

Guess what? You catch some shrapnel to the face. Guess what again? You've got a nice big old suit of armor on that protects you. Pretty freaking neat how that works eh?

Geez guys, I set off a bomb in your collective laps and not even a single drop of blood? Damn you Algis.

Teams B and D

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Milno stared at the elevator for a moment before turning back.
"Let's move with team D, nothing else to do now."

Follow team D, turn on lamps and check around with the motion sensor, turning it off if it is more trouble than it is worth at the moment.
[spoiler=B Team]
B
Milno
Lars
May
Thomas
Kyle

"Yes, your excellency!"

Head in with Team D.  Turn on light lamps.  Pray.

Follow Milno, scan the area with heat detection, x-ray and normal.

[Team B SNiper:Thomas]

Team B shoves past the entirely of Team D, who are either afraid of the dark or comatose on their feet, and into the graveyard gardens. They turn on their lamps and scan the area with their accumulated vision enhancing systems and come to one conclusion: There are a lot of bodies here. A lot of bodies. Hundreds of them, all piled in stacks, contained in shrink wrapped plastic. The grounds look like they have been torn up recently too, huge expanses of churned earth; the footprint of mass graves. This place was clearly far beyond it's capacity to handle the amount of dead coming in. There are no signs of heat or movement anywhere around, in fact the only thing around besides corpses and dirt is some sort of sign next to a placard near by.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11428 on: January 15, 2013, 10:51:06 pm »

Jim turned to look at the group. "Everyone OK? And is anyone else getting sick of traps and explosions to the face?" he asked, the second somewhat bitterly. He turned back to the hospital. "Listen up, you old, lab-coat wearing, four-eyed, nerdy bastards! I'm coming in there to evacuate you, and if you don't like it I have two very large fists you'll be meeting very soon! So give up and hustle on out here before I'm forced to come in there after you and rip your arms off!" Muttering to himself, Jim looked around for some stairs down, figuring people would hole up in a defensible position like a basement level.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11429 on: January 15, 2013, 11:17:05 pm »

Team C ; Feyri Nirel - Armored Mercenary

Feyri groaned to signify her being still alive as she picked herself up. "Knew there was a trap. The front door is always trapped. And yet we still don't learn!

"They didn't even plant mines in the grass!"

Check for anything around that I could use as a shield.

Then, if possible, Equip Gauss Rifle and then check the area for shooters//flamethrower emplacements.

"They might have bioweapons! Watch out for oxygen tanks!"

Pages: 1 ... 760 761 [762] 763 764 ... 1256