Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 648 649 [650] 651 652 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945432 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed:0 (!)
« Reply #9735 on: November 26, 2012, 03:17:05 pm »

((@ Cael: I know your just RP'ing your character to its fullest, so no, I didn't take offense at all. About the background thing, didn't Milno mention it to someone on some previous mission? 'Cause if he did, Miya would know about it due to having watched the previous mission's logs. If not, that thought was completely meta and therefore should be ignored.))

((You should try to use the "" instead of the '', I'm not sure what are thoughts and what are spoken words ))

((Thanks for pointing that out, I'll try to remember to do it right next time. Don't shoot me if I don't though.))

"Excuse me, Miya. Suppose what we're dealing with is some kind of biological drug - something that can be easily made in a colony with base chemicals or materials, but then one which doesn't cause an alarm like any mutagenic properties - one which intensifies a person's sense of jurisdiction or their beliefs on morality or mortality.
"Seeing what the signs are, and especially...what else is given. I'm starting to believe the people had it as an aid to their work.
"I suppose nobody tried to do an autopsy on one of the corpses - specifically the Miner guy who had the suit all closed but dead inside? You said that yourself, Bishop."

'You know, now that you mention it, I don't remember them saying what the purpose of this colony was anyway. I don't think they'll just place colonies all over the place, seeing how expensive they must be. It could be a mining facility, or maybe a research one. Has anyone asked this already?'
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 03:25:42 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9736 on: November 26, 2012, 03:22:06 pm »

Team C - Feyri Nirel ; Armored Mercenary ; Door to Water Production

"Forgive my stupidity."

Approach the dying man with shield raised, inquire if he can tell us as to what happened here, request anyone nearby to give a medical check-up/diagnosis...

Ah a nonspecific speech request. That means a roll!
[speech:1]
"WHERE'S THE GIRL!? I KNOW YOU AND THE UKRAINIAN BOBSLED TEAM TOOK HER! SO WHERE IS SHE, IVAN VON STROGANOFF?!" You shake the delirious man by the collar of his overalls.

Jim continues to stand completely still so as to be non-threatening and rest his aching brain.
You are as the statue: large, muscular, and unmoving. However, your impression isn't perfect, you're not covered in bird shit.

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, Water Production.

"Well, the fellow on the ground is definitely alive. Let's take a look at him, shall we?"

Examine what his problem is. Is he injured in any obvious way? What's his problem? Does he have the plague? Could I conceivably help him in any way? Use limited medical expertise to do this. Don't actually touch him or otherwise physically influence him, though!
He doesn't have any blood on his mouth out other signs of hemorrhagic effects, but he's incredibly thin, pale, and glassy eyed. You can only guess that he's either starving to death or very dehydrated. Or both.

Lars bowed his head in prayer.  "May the light of Steve watch over us all.  Algis, shield us all from harm so we may complete this mission!"

Pray over the group.
You pray to the various gods at your disposal for their protection, guidance and favor.

Well, we're here to extract you survivors so that what happened to the colony can be found out by the regulars. All we know is something about a plague, and that there's a bunch of dead people upstairs, some executed, some gunned down. Now, there should be some APCs coming down after us to facilitate getting you out.

As for the rocky relationship with authorities, some of us no doubt have had similar. It's no issue, we're not exactly authorities, just having to work for them.

Be diplomatic.
The man nods and licks his lips a bit.
"Yeah, yeah I'll bet.  Normally I'd say we'd take our chances here, but there's no food left, so we're kind of out of options. I don't suppose you know where they're gonna take us?"

"Yeah, these guys are toast. I'm going to check the machinery, don't break or shoot anything guys."

Go check the state of the machinery. Is it all working properly? Is anything damaged? Is there anything of interest or something that's out of place?
Everything looks functional, at least as far as you can tell, all running with their gauges in the green. Some of the filters will need changing in a week or so, but beyond that, it's all good.

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Milno flares his comms to tell the team about the good news, and even more to a specific person.

"Command just told me I should shoot the troublemakers since they won't shock said people. That goes for all of you, but more specifically, to you. Control your trigger finger or I won't control mine." he says, nodding towards Bruce.

Keep waiting for the results of diplomacy.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
You wait with the rest of the group, ready to open fire on anyone who would try to break up the peaceful negotiations; teammate or otherwise.

Cover Feyri as she works. If they aren't hostile, carefully pick up any survivors and carry them to the APC's. Give mining laser to Pancaek, if necessary for easy carrying.

'Feyri, if anyone of 'em is still alive, I'll carry them back to the APC. Be careful when you check them though.'
You cover feyri as she shakes one of the bodies like a ragdoll. Uh...perhaps she wasn't the best choice for negotiator.

Bruce Blocks Milno, and hums to himself.
You give Milno a good blocking.

Jobasio made his way slowly through the door, gauss rifle braced against his shoulder as he swept the room.
"More victims. Could be anything hidden amongst all this machinery, though."

>Sweep the room carefully, check amongst the machines and storage tanks along the walls.

>Also examine the equipment itself for damage etcetera.

((Well great, I got skipped again... :'())

>Do that action again, and speak over the comms:

"Teams A and B, you've encountered survivors, correct? Might I warn against coming into close contact with them just yet? We've no doubt picked up traces of the plague on our suits, and if they are unprotected against such we could quite possibly kill them all just with our presence."
( Swear the forum is dropping parts of my posts...)
You look around the room. Everything seems in order, nothing broken a least. The only things that are really out of place are the bodies and their supplies of food and water and how they're all untouched.
Lukas decides to follow Bishop's advise and stays outside. "I'll just wait here and guard the entrance."

Stay outside and guard entrance.
You stand in the middle of the hall and try to look as imposing as possible. It's not hard.

Name:Flint/Bloody Miner - Team C - Water production

@Command: "Command is it OK if we bring him back to the APC? You have medics right?"

Ask command. Help carry the man to the APC. Else examine the room for damage or someone hiding.

@Team A and B: "Once you're done negotiating with the survivors (and if they and you are still alive by then) can you ask them about what happened, especially in those rooms we're exploring. Every bit of info helps."
"They are on their way down. Take him."

You shove Feyri out of the way and pick up the man, you can't even feel his weight in your arms, and begin carrying him toward the elevator. You look down at him and he's staring at you, terrified, mumbling. 

"Deeper....Deeper...you killed...you killed..."

You deposit him in an Apc as it reaches the end of the elevator ride. Even as you strap him into a chair he stairs at you, wide eyed.

"Deeper...Deeper..."

((The title is a lie. It must be! WHAT DID YOU DO WITH THE REAL HMRC?!))

Team D Leader Faith, Oxygen Production

"Damn it, looks like they all decided to have one guy kill everyone and then himself. Or if not, this guy had really good aim. Except on himself."

Loot and examine gauss pistol, then read the piece of paper in his hand.
You pick up the gauss pistol: it's a small caliber thing, several times weaker then a normal gauss rifle from the armory, the sort of thing civilians get.

You get the paper free of the man's hand and read it.

"We were supposed to stay here, make sure the machines keep running, protect them from the riots, keep the colony alive. But we can hear them at the door. They're trying to break through, taunting us with what happened in food production. They say the bodies are hanging from the rafters. They say we're next. We won't let that happen. Let them die, they've brought it on themselves."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9737 on: November 26, 2012, 03:27:21 pm »

Team C - Feyri Nirel ; Armored Mercenary ; Water Production

"I'll...just check the water now." Feyri said, now in control of her own impulses.

Check ye Water Supply//Any valves or meters showing the condition of the water supply. If not possible or none is sighted - then inspect the bodies for cause of death.

Spoiler: Team C (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9738 on: November 26, 2012, 03:39:50 pm »

Miyamoto, Team C leader, Water production
Spoiler: Team C (click to show/hide)

On Command channel: 'Ok, we've deposited the survivor in the APC, be sure to stuff other survivors accordingly.'

'Ok team, I think we're about ready here. Just gonna check the equipment real quick, and then it's on to the Trading Storage.'

Inspect machinery for possible damage or other noteworthy stuff (such as lights indicating part of the facility is flooded). If nothing is found, head over to Trading Storage and check the door.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9739 on: November 26, 2012, 03:44:50 pm »

Name:Flint/Bloody Miner - Team C - Water production

"WHERE'S THE GIRL!? I KNOW YOU AND THE UKRAINIAN BOBSLED TEAM TOOK HER! SO WHERE IS SHE, IVAN VON STROGANOFF?!" You shake the delirious man by the collar of his overalls.

@Feyri:"Hey, I loved that film! Finally, a young woman who appreciates the classics!"

"Teams, did you hear what that man was saying? I think we now know with certainty one of the factions of the riot: the miners. I don't think I'll be making any friends with the locals in this suit. I think I should stay in the back and out of sight from now on until hostiles appear."

Return to the water production room and examine the room for anything besides machinery and dead bodies.

((Also, civilians saved:1 (!!!) ))
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 03:54:39 pm by Parisbre56 »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9740 on: November 26, 2012, 03:49:02 pm »

Team D Leader Faith, Oxygen Production

Faith shook her head.

"Apparently everyone in Oxygen Production killed themselves because they were afraid the rioters were going to get in and kill them. Or they killed themselves before that could happen and then the rioters got in, didn't touch anything, and welded it shut themselves.

In any case, supposedly something real bad went down in Food Production. 'Bodies hanging from the rafters,' among other things. We're headed there now, so I guess we'll see for ourselves in a minute."

Examine the food and water, then head to the entrance of Food Production.

"Teams, did you hear what that man was saying? I think we now know with certainty one of the factions of the riot: the miners. I don't think I'll be making any friends with the locals in this suit. I think I should stay in the back and out of sight from now on until hostiles appear."
"And no, what was the man saying?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9741 on: November 26, 2012, 03:52:51 pm »

"And no, what was the man saying?"

"Well, he accused me of killing people here. And I am in a mining exosuit I found amongst dead bodies. Although the fact that he was delirious, nearly dead and I was covered in blood doesn't make him very credible."

After thinking about what he had said for a while he realized that could lead to a misunderstanding, so he added:
"Note: the fact that he was dieing and I was covered in blood are not related."

"ANYBODY ELSE WEARING MINING SUITS STAY AWAY FROM NON-COMBATANTS. YOU ARE LIKELY TO SPOOK THEM TO DEATH. OR DIE BECAUSE OF YOUR SPOOKINESS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED"
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 04:01:46 pm by Parisbre56 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9742 on: November 26, 2012, 04:18:37 pm »

((I am very bad at consistently updating))
pancaek - team C - water production

Why can't we just burn the entire place to the ground and be done with it, jeez

Inspect the room for any hidden messages/buttons/valuables, then follow team

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #9743 on: November 26, 2012, 04:20:01 pm »

I wish I could tell you, but Command isn't telling us anything that does not directly pertain to getting survivors on APCs. Anyways, they've arrived and there's already a survivor aboard, from our radio chatter, so we're ready to go when you and your group are.

Also, fair warning, they might not take kindly to you guys being armed and all, even with civilian-caliber stuff.

Continue the so far successful diplomancy.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9744 on: November 26, 2012, 04:21:49 pm »

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, Water Production.

"One fellow saved! Smashing success, I think! On to Trading Storage!"

Go on to Trading Storage. Look at door. Determine if it can be opened without use of excessive force or physics-bending.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9745 on: November 26, 2012, 04:42:03 pm »

Lars continued to pray and chant quietly to himself.

Consider what this colony could have been for, given the high priority in reclaiming it.

((Holy shit, this IS a dwarf fortress!))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9746 on: November 26, 2012, 04:46:56 pm »

((Holy shit, this IS a dwarf fortress!))

((Not only that. Walled off areas for the greater good. Berserk former inhabitants. Well, it's obvious we're dealing with a syndrome related tantrum spiral.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians Saved: 1 (!!!)
« Reply #9747 on: November 26, 2012, 04:47:28 pm »

Over radio only: Now, what was that about miners? Been busy with some armed civilians, I've only really caught snatches of chatter.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Choosing teams
« Reply #9748 on: November 26, 2012, 07:17:23 pm »

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Milno once again uses his comms to communicate only with the team, remembering about a feature of his suit he hadn't tried so far.

"If the man starts to get frisky, let me handle it. I got a paralyzing gas system integrated to my helmet I never tested before. If anything, at least he'll get woozy and easier to subdue without killing him in the process."

Waaaait. If the man gets truly aggressive, move in front of him, using the cloak to block any gauss bullets, and spit the paralyzing gas on his face.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9749 on: November 26, 2012, 07:21:57 pm »

[Team B Sniper: Thomas: Milno]
Watch and wait. If the man goes aggresive, Thomas pulls May and himself to cover, given there is some. If there isn't any, he shields her with his own body.
Pages: 1 ... 648 649 [650] 651 652 ... 1256