Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3946849 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Choosing teams
« Reply #9315 on: November 19, 2012, 05:19:00 pm »

Team A Leader, Jim

Jim makes a quick search for anything the Armory Master might buy under the guise of checking for people under the bed and so forth, then goes for the next door south. If empty, he repeats the procedure, up to and including going south to the next door and repeating the procedure.
You look under the bed. Nothing. You search through the drawers of the dresser: folded clothing, extra bed sheets, nothing of interest.

You head down to the next door.

The room is much the same, small with a bed and dresser, however there is something different. There are pieces of paper scattered across the neatly made bed.

Over open comms (but not outside speakers): "Faith, get back! He could be any freak."

Wait for Faith to move out of the way. Cut both of the figure's hands off at the wrists with my laser rifle. His hands are on the wall, so it should be easy(?). 1 second quick-chop each.

Over open comms and suit speakers: "That didn't tell us shit sorry mate. Standard HMRC procedure. NOW GET THE FUCK ON THE GROUND. NOW CUNT! DO IT! NOW!!!!"

Move back another 5 paces from the figure.  
He's curled in a ball, completely immobile, not saying anything with his arms around his legs and his knees held to his chest. So no, hands not on the wall. Also faith doesn't look to be moving back anytime soon so we'll assume you just yell at him. If you still want to cut off his hands, just say so,but you'll risk hitting faith, and not just on a 1 or 2.

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"Ok.  Sorry.  Ok."
Check the room three south of where Jim is, the one with the southernest blood smear running next to the door.
"I'm pretty sure I know what I'll find through here, but it can't hurt to check."

(Unrelated: does the room with all the blood and corpses say "Mess" on the map?)
(yes, it does.)

The room has nothing but two beds in it, two beds and copious blood. One bed is covered in blood and it's blankets have several holes in them. The other is clean, save for the foot of the bed, where blood has pooled on the floor and splattered on the foot board.

Follow Miyamoto. Watch out for any treacherous or suspicious elements of architecture or evidence.

((It probably says "Mess" because it used to be a mess hall. Also, horrible government conspiracy - check.))

You stick near miyamoto but fail to see anything suspicious or evil in this hallway. Just lots of miyamoto's giant robotic ass blocking the way.

((He makes a point, it's not really conspiracy if it's what they normally do anyway.))

Bishop raised his left hand off his gun, palm facing towards the man in a peace gesture.

"We're here to get you all out, infected or not. Just put what's in your hands on the floor and then raise your hands above your head and walk towards me slowly, ok? Do you understand?"

Talk to the man and be ready to shoot if he tries anything.

(Hands on the floor and then hands above your head? I believe you just instructed him to do a handstand.)

The man doesn't respond in any way.

Team D, Jobasio. Location: Outside a ship being searched.

'Bishop seems to be taking his time in there...'

Jobazeeo finally caught up to the ship Bishop was in, remaining in a ready posture nearby.
Over comms: "Bishop? Anything in there, or should we be catching up to the others?"

>Wait outside the ship Bishop's checking, rifle ready to deal with any threats.

((Which room are we in again? The hangar still, or the un/loading section?))

Loading and unloading.

You stand around, whistling to yourself and doing your best to ignore the bodies at your feet. You hope bishop hurries up in there, you really don't want to spend any more time out here alone then you have to.

((Wow, post explosion. Ready for my first action now. :D))

[[Team D - Lukas in the Temporary Storage Room]]

Lukas decides that, because of his size, he probably won't be of much use in exploring the damaged ship. He follows Faith to the temporary storage instead. After seeing the orange figure's response to Faith's attempts at making contact he shakes his head. "The poor fucker must be traumatized." Lukas tries to communicate with the figure as well: "Hey, listen to me. It's all over. You're safe now. We're here to get you out of here. Do you understand me?"

You join the giant robot traffic jam in the hallway to temporary storage, and spend your time shouting calming words to the man faith is working with.

((Yeah, location updates sound good.

I too have forgotten if the APCs follow us or need to be called in.))

Team D Leader Faith, Hallway

"Damn it Sambo!" Faith yelled at Sambo's tirade. "Do not threaten harmless civilians for no reason! And try to be less harsh when asking them things. Bursting in with a gun and demanding to know what happened is not a nice friendly evacuation.

And he is not 'any freak,' calm down. He's obviously been traumatized. I think."

She turned back to the man, poking at him as she contacted command.

"Command, what's your opinion on unresponsive civilians? Should we just physically dump them in the APC or try to get some semblance of personhood out of them?"

Attempt to diagnose guy's condition. Wonder where the APC is and what causes it to come to pick up civilians.

(The Personnel carriers are back in the hanger. They're not gonna follow you too closely, you'll have to bring survivors to them. They're basically gonna sit in a "safe" place and act as a turn in spot for the civies. )

You try to pry the man's arm off his legs again and jerk back when you hear a snapping noise and his arm flops down like a broken twig. You regain your composure and check the man over. I doesn't take you long to notice that his helmet isn't sealed correctly. You pry it off and a frozen corpse; must have been killed when the hanger was vented. You sigh and stand up.

"Never mind."

Name:Flint - Team C - Loading and Unloading, Catwalks, Control booth

"Huh. That was lucky. What's next, finding the APC keys in the dashboard?" Flint muttered as he rubbed his hurting head.

"Hey guys, I think I found the password for this control booth. Inputting it now. Watch out. For all we know it activates some sort of self-destruct mechanism or something."

@Bishop: "I'm activating the control booth. The ship you're in may move a bit. I'm going to try to make it easier to access"

Input the password. If there are no explosions (at least no explosions caused by me) look for any interesting info. See if I can move the ship closer to the catwalk or the floor so it can be entered and exited easily.
You type the password in carefully and hit enter. The screen changes to a control screen for the loading system. Well, no flight logs or manifests, but it's something. You slip on the control gloves and try to maneuver the ship a little to the side, so that people can enter from the catwalks.
[aux:3-1]
You can't even figure out how to get the arms to activate, let alone how to control them. Dang.

((Oh for the love of god, this thread updated  6 pages while I was sleeping, frakking timezones.))
Team C fire - Loading and unloading

Follow Feyri into Temporary storage, gun at the ready and looking for threats
You stick with feyri, ready to tag along as soon as Miyamoto makes it through.

Miyamoto, Team C leader?, Temporary storage
Spoiler: Team C and D (click to show/hide)

Enter temporary storage, scan room with termal vision upon entering. Be sure not to block the entryway with my 'big metal ass'.

((@ Zako: did you see my char's request to unlock his amps? Just asking, in case you missed it in the sea of updates.))
(I told Feyri I have Miyamoto as the team leader but you guys can fight it out for whoever is leading, I don't really care.)

You very slowly and awkwardly crawl down the hall, past faith and to the door. You carefully select the open button with your giant robot fingers and it beeps as the door slides open. You crawl out into the room and look around with your thermal vision. You see no hotspots so you switch back to normal.

The temporary storage is area is a maze of cargo containers stacked one on top of the other all the way to the ceiling. They look like they were in neat rows at one point, but many of the rows have been toppled and the containers raided, trails of shredded plastic and discarded pallets lead toward the back. There are bodies here too, though not like the ones in loading and unloading. There is no blood, no torn suits, no severed limbs. They look like they're simply laying about.

((Is this ship suspended above the ground, out of reach for normal, ground-bound folk like myself?
I believe it is, I just can't remember where I saw it said. The pagecount has kinda exploded... :P))
It's out of your reach on the ground, yes. There's a catwalk system to let you get to it but the actual part that extends out to let people on the ship got blown up along with the entrance hatch to the ship. You could try and jump to it though.

((FRAK, I knew there'd be wifi, but I didn't think that it would have been overloaded to the point of no access for so long. And christ, postcount's insane, at least 150 posts since I was last on, as there were about 3 50posts/page pages.))

Simus, quietly following Jim up until now, speaks up:

Executed... Think the others found the people that were infected, or thought they were, and killed them to prevent the plague spreading?
(Yeah, if you're idle, if anyone is idle, they just follow their team leader unless specified otherwise. Also, don't worry about the post count going so high so fast again, That was just me having free time. )

You stick around with jim, following him from room to room.

"Just don't go touching him. Or her. Or it. Fuck. Who fucking knows? We need you for fixing us up, not them. Fuck 'em. Don't get all fucking infected and then touch my bloody stumps will ya? Cunt didn't answer a perfectly reasonable question. Cunt struggled. Fuck 'im."

Move into position regardless of Faith's actions, try to ensure she's not going to get hit, but cut off "the figure's" hands anyway, with two short laser pulses, as stated previously.

"Fucken pinkos."
You still wanna lop up a corpse?  Thats cool if you want to, just asking.

Team B: Lars (Mess Hall)

Lars absentmindedly drew a circle in the air with his finger over the bodies, but these people were far gone from protection.

He engaged his radio to all.  "The people in this old mess hall were clearly executed.  There's no telling how sick they were, but they all died of gunshot wounds... mostly to the back of the head.  May Steve have mercy on their souls.  I'm checking the next room."

Lars checks the room below the Mess Hall.

((Or hit yourself or Faith.))

The next room down is a unisex bathroom; stalls, showers, sinks along a large mirror, the usual sort of thing, like you would find back on the ship. You search the stalls but find nothing and nobody.

[Team B Leader=Milno]

"Remember that going around killing civilians does not make your token count go up, lemmings." Milno said over the comms before going after the religious freak. He didn't seem exactly too well.

Follow Lars.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
Milno follows brother lars into the bathroom (There's a sentence I didn't expect I'd have to write today) and is just as disappointed as he is when their search yields nothing of interest besides the fact that stall 3 is out of paper and stall 5 has a few rather rude word scratched in its wall.

((Damn sleep.))
TEAM B: Bruce
Bruce, upon entering the mess, stopped shaking and grabbed the crystalline projector off his back
"Those sick fuckers! If I see any of them, they'll learn the pain they've caused others"
Continue down the hall, keep an eye out for mines, ignore my team.
You continue down the hall and around the corner. finding two more doors and what looks to be the exit out of the Quarantine housing.

Follow Milno. Switch in between spectrums as the team progresses. Keep an eye out for anything, in all the helmetss different modes.
You join the increasing number of men in the bathroom, cycling your vision modes as you go. You don't see anything unusual, other then that x-ray is really fucking hard to see with.

Follow Milno. Switch in between spectrums as the team progresses. Keep an eye out for anything, in all the helmetss different modes.

[May = Team B, With Thomas]

Follow Thomas.

In a drastic change of pace you stay glued to thomas's ass instead of the other way around.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #9316 on: November 19, 2012, 05:25:24 pm »

((Is their blood coming from the doors?))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9317 on: November 19, 2012, 05:31:00 pm »

[Team B Sniper=Thomas, following Milno]
"So, guys? We're done in the bathroom, right?"
Stand out in the hall, stand guard. Once Milno leaves, follow him.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 06:40:57 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9318 on: November 19, 2012, 05:35:20 pm »

[Team B Leader=Milno]

"Bathroom. Very exciting"

Leave the room, then enter and carefully examine one of the unchecked rooms. Use the gauss rifle to push the door open and check for traps.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 12:24:41 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9319 on: November 19, 2012, 06:06:19 pm »

[Team A Medic - Mesk ]

"Clear here.  Looks like the inhabitants were shot in the night."
Check the room one north of me.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9320 on: November 19, 2012, 06:14:40 pm »

"Bishop here, I think this ship is clear. Keep moving."

Approach the man and check him out in more detail. See what he's holding.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #9321 on: November 19, 2012, 06:16:41 pm »

Sambo=Team D= with Faith.

Check everything in the storage rooms except the dead body. See if there's any notes, anything unusual, or anything to steal.

"Looks like he was stuffed already."

((Sambo's successful police actions One: dead citizens Zero.
Sort of. :)  ))
It's a game. Have fun.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9322 on: November 19, 2012, 06:21:01 pm »

[Team B Albino = May, With Thomas]

Guard the hallway, swing head and MFM around like a spy with a revolver. Make occasional 'pew-pew-pew' sounds.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9323 on: November 19, 2012, 06:36:14 pm »

Name:Flint - Team C - Control booth

"Well, it was worth a shot." At least it didn't explode.

"Looks like Bishop's handling himself well enough anyway." I should move on.

"Hey, if anyone who knows how to operate these damn machines want to use it, the control booth in loading and unloading has been unlocked. Looks like it was used to control most of the cradles and cranes in this place."

Try to determine if the Control booth can view any cameras, and if it can be used to control cranes in temporary storage. (Just doing this out of curiosity. It's not like curiosity ever killed anyone.)
Then move on with the rest of the team to temp storage.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 02:57:29 pm by Parisbre56 »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9324 on: November 19, 2012, 06:40:17 pm »

[Team A Leader Jim - Temporary Quarantine Housing]

Jim checked the papers to see what was on them.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9325 on: November 19, 2012, 06:47:26 pm »

Take a look through room 2 to see if there's anything interesting, if not then check out room 3.

"Not much in room 1, just an ordinary bedroom. I'll check the next couple to see if they have anything different."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9326 on: November 19, 2012, 07:05:45 pm »

Team D Leader Faith, Hallway

Faith let out a long sigh.

"False alarm everyone, he was dead already. Didn't think we'd find anyone alive this early on."

She then turned to Sambo.

"And no, we're not going to react with paranoid terror every time someone doesn't answer us. We're here to help them, supposedly, not give them three seconds to get their asses out of our way. And I don't think we're going to be able to avoid getting contaminated- if this thing wasn't airborne, it probably wouldn't have spread so quickly or thoroughly. Unless it was in the food or something, but either way, not touching things really isn't an option down here."

Continue on into Temporary Storage, start examining bodies for cause of death.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #9327 on: November 19, 2012, 08:49:00 pm »

"If that prick was alive, he could of been doing anything. There's been a shit-tonne of people that got cut in half, some weird infection, and now we're here to sort this shit out. Whatever cut those ships up is pretty powerful. When in wherever-the-fuck-we-are, do as the fuckians do.
Ask questions first, laser second. Especially if they don't answer. In fact, laser the poor cunts anyway. I'll laser them, then tie the poor pricks up and haul their arses back to the PC. You can check for the cause of the injuries then. It'll be my fucking laser that did it. It's easier. It works. Fucken rebel scum.........", Sambo says to Faith.
It's a game. Have fun.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9328 on: November 19, 2012, 08:54:21 pm »

"Bishop here, I think this ship is clear. Keep moving."

"Alright, then." Jobasio gave the damaged ship one last, wary glance before turning and making his way back towards the rest of the team, gauss rifle held ready at hip-level. Over comms to the others: "You found anything of note? I will join back up with you lot for now; Bishop's checking the inside of a ship."

>Leave Bishop to his fun, join back up with Faith and the rest of the team.

>Keep watch for hostiles on the way, naturally. Also try and keep an eye out incase those ship-bearing arms start moving. Infact just keep a distance from them where possible.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9329 on: November 19, 2012, 09:06:16 pm »

Brother Lars considered the sage advice his father gave him- Never pass a chance to piss.

He then remembered the... convenience tube... built into the suit, and headed out of the restroom.

Check the room above the one Jim went in- almost directly across the hall from the bathroom.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624 ... 1256