Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 616 617 [618] 619 620 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3946900 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Choosing teams
« Reply #9255 on: November 18, 2012, 11:26:54 pm »

"What rooms have we cleared, everyone?" Feyri said, broadcasting.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9256 on: November 18, 2012, 11:27:57 pm »

"What? None. Hanger, I suppose. Team's inspecting Loading and Unloading and I'm working on the hall to Temp Storage."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9257 on: November 18, 2012, 11:31:58 pm »

"Their old cafeteria's filled with corpses. Of infected people, I think. Or carriers."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9258 on: November 18, 2012, 11:49:08 pm »

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"Ew... give me a moment here."
Examine the bodies.  Take a picture of the scene if I can (can't remember whether I can take photos with the suit or not) and grab a blood and tissue sample from one of the bodies before moving on.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 11:50:48 pm by Remalle »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9259 on: November 19, 2012, 12:21:24 am »

((Damn this thread updates fast!))

Bishop walked over to the hatch to the cargo bay and promptly knocked hard on it.

"IF ANYONE'S IN THERE, COME OUT SLOWLY WITH YOUR HANDS UP! THIS IS THE RESCUE EFFORT!"

Knock on the hatch and wait a bit for anyone to come out, weapon ready. If noone answers after a few minutes, head down cautiously with the lamps on.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #9260 on: November 19, 2012, 01:36:14 am »

Sambo=Team D

Follow Faith, on the other side of the hallway/room in a covering-fire position, rifle at the ready to shoot the figure if he tries to attack.

"Don't try anything. We're going to get you out of here safely. But do anything hasty and I'll cut you in half.
What the fuck happened here mate? Who killed all those poor SOBs?", to the figure.

Sambo will react with deadly force if the figure attacks, or does anything weird like grin, or say something along the lines of "They had it coming". 3 second cut across the chest with my laser rifle as a reaction fire thingo.

((Big edit: reaction fire to hostilities or weirdness. ))
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 01:55:52 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9261 on: November 19, 2012, 01:46:34 am »

((Goddamn you timezones, it seems this thing updates multiple times while I'm asleep.
Oh, and my suspicion right now is that PW will start killing us of en masse any minute now to keep the thread more... manageable.))

((@ Cael: Really, seeing as how I couldn't fit inside that ship, nor the briefing room, I figured I had the most armor. That avatar cloak is better than I expected.))

((@ Feyri: So, are we going to roll with you as team leader? Fine by me, but since I kinda had a vote from that one guy, I don't really know what my character would do in this situation. Should we vote for it? Although you do seem to be online at the right time more than me, which would certainly help. Hmm.))

'Hey Bishop, if you could spare a moment, would you help me activate the kinetic amps in my arms? 'Cause I think those will help tremendously when the mission goes south eventually.'

Check hallway that leads to temporary storage. Use thermal vision to check ahead.

Spoiler: team C and D (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 02:31:32 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9262 on: November 19, 2012, 01:55:30 am »

[Stacy: Team C]

To Teams C and D: "Big trouble. Whoever did all this massacring either had or still has an extremely powerful laser in their possession. Stay on the lookout for any laser weaponry. Even the police force wouldn't have stuff like this. So it must be either a mining or cutting laser, or perhaps something even worse."

Go down the hallway to Temp Storage after Miyamoto.

((If it's necessary, my auto action is to stick with Miyamoto.))
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 02:09:29 am by Harry Baldman »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9263 on: November 19, 2012, 02:44:13 am »

Jim opened a comm channel. "I've confirmed this is indeed a morgue. No need to investigate further." He left the room and tried the door slightl south and across the hall from the mess.

(It's all good, PW. Stuff like that happens now and then.)

You walk through the door marked "4" and check inside. The room inside is a thin cubicle of a room with not much more in it then a bed and a metal dresser of sorts. The bed is neatly made and the dresser is clean and closed; the entire room is neat, save for the puddle of blood beside the bed and the drag stains leading out into the hall.

Lars looked into the room of bodies.  Grim work, but divine will must be obeyed.

Check the bodies in the room Jim opened for clues.
You start looking over the bodies, one by one, carefully trying to determine how they died. Most are laying face down with their hands tied, dressed in generic white clothing,  with a quarter sized hole in the back of their head. Shot. Executed.  Those that aren't tied have a variety of wounds, though they all seem to have died of gun fire as far as you can tell. They're beginning to decompose, but the sterility of the colony has slowed the process considerably.

"Oh. H-Hi May. What're you doin?"
Help out team B. Examine corpses. Try to intuit whether they were actuallyinfected.
Well, they certainly didn't die of sickness, but you can't tell if they were sick when they were shot, they're far too long gone for that.

[Team B=May]

"PRECIOUS CARGO IS SECURED."

Continue doing whatever Team B is doin.

You just hang around near Thomas. It is a strategy that has served you well so far.

[Team B = Kyle]

"The first door on the right is just a storage room, nothing important in here.", he messaged squads A and B. "Moving out to check out the next door."

That finished, Kyle moved out to check the first door at the corner. (So basically the next door after the storage room one)

You check the door marked "1". Inside is a small room, with two beds, a dresser and a chair pushed up against one wall. One of the beds is unmade but over all the room looks neat and there are no signs of violence or struggle. It's all eerily ordinary.

Back on the ship...pre-mission...

"Nothing hurts anymore."

He looked sad for a bit and then glanced back at Feyri, noticing something.

"Your helmet is broken, or damaged at least. Looks like something with the faceplate. I could fix it later if you want."
"I put it that way, you silly man. Now let's go before we're too late!" Feyri said, using the hand she grabbed earlier to pull on it and drag Bishop to the pods!

Then, without letting him say anything else, liftoff.

((Guys, please add a title to your posts stating from which team you are. It is not necessary, but appreciated. I'll quote a spoiler with the composition with the A-B teams and one of the leaders from the C-D teams could do the same.))
((I commend your bravery!))

Team C, Lead - Feyri

"Are we going to the Temporary Storage already? Whatever the choice, I'm taking the front."

Lead the warpath to the Temporary Storage, stay awaaaay from that derelict ship and dead bodies.

Examine the blood smears as we pass the ship. What direction was it facing?

Spoiler: Team C - Feyri Lead (click to show/hide)

Which blood smear? There are dozens of bodies all around the ship, on the ground and on the catwalks. And most of them don't have smearing, most of them are just pooling or splattering. The smearing is in quarantine housing with Jim and Milno and their team.

You join Faith in the hall between loading and unloading and Temporary storage.

((@GM: Is the extra 30% fuel I purchased included in your notes? I think the armored pods were in the cheat sheet, but I don't remember the extra fuel.))

[Team B Leader = Milno]

Milno looked around as he got to the end of the hallway. No one trying to kill them yet? Seemed pretty tame then. Corpses of men, women and children? No problem in the end.

Turn off buzz mode and follow Jim carefully in the exploration of the next room.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)

(it is. or it is now at least. I had it in my head but I made sure to note it down now)

You turn off your rockets and follow Jim into the cramped room where you seriously menace the furniture.

"Holy crap," Faith said, surprised at finding someone potentially alive so early. "We might have a live one, don't bother running over though."

Faith switched to her speakers, assuming they weren't active normally.

"Excuse me," she said, trying to speak loudly and clearly. "You there, huddled against the wall. Are you alright?"

Slowly approach and examine man while talking.
The man doesn't move or respond in any way as you get close, but seems to resist your attempts to pull his hand away from his legs.

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"Ew... give me a moment here."
Examine the bodies.  Take a picture of the scene if I can (can't remember whether I can take photos with the suit or not) and grab a blood and tissue sample from one of the bodies before moving on.
You move to take a sample when you're shocked to your knees.

"You were not told to take samples. Move and clear." Command orders. He seems angry.

((Damn this thread updates fast!))

Bishop walked over to the hatch to the cargo bay and promptly knocked hard on it.

"IF ANYONE'S IN THERE, COME OUT SLOWLY WITH YOUR HANDS UP! THIS IS THE RESCUE EFFORT!"

Knock on the hatch and wait a bit for anyone to come out, weapon ready. If noone answers after a few minutes, head down cautiously with the lamps on.
You knock on the hatch and get no reply. You swallow hard and open the hatch, dropping in with your lamps on. Most of the cargo compartment has been sliced open, as you could tell from the outside, but a few containers have stayed stuck in the hold, as well as something else. A man, or what you think is a man, coated in splattered blood is crouched-or is he just slumped against the wall?-in the corner. He's completely cocooned in what looks like the exoskeleton of a MKIII but significantly heavier, larger and all around more solid looking, like the exoskeleton's industrial cousin. He's wearing a large square backpack and holding something in his hand, though you can't tell what, his body is blocking your view. 

Sambo=Team D

Follow Faith, on the other side of the hallway/room in a covering-fire position, rifle at the ready to shoot the figure if he tries to attack.

"Don't try anything. We're going to get you out of here safely. But do anything hasty and I'll cut you in half.
What the fuck happened here mate? Who killed all those poor SOBs?", to the figure.

Sambo will react with deadly force if the figure attacks, or does anything weird like grin, or say something along the lines of "They had it coming". 3 second cut across the chest with my laser rifle as a reaction fire thingo.

((Big edit: reaction fire to hostilities or weirdness. ))
You keep the laser pointed directly at the man as faith tries to talk to him. You're not in the mood for silliness. Or compassion. Same thing really.

((Goddamn you timezones, it seems this thing updates multiple times while I'm asleep.
Oh, and my suspicion right now is that PW will start killing us of en masse any minute now to keep the thread more... manageable.))

((@ Cael: Really, seeing as how I couldn't fit inside that ship, nor the briefing room, I figured I had the most armor. That avatar cloak is better than I expected.))

((@ Feyri: So, are we going to roll with you as team leader? Fine by me, but since I kinda had a vote from that one guy, I don't really know what my character would do in this situation. Should we vote for it? Although you do seem to be online at the right time more than me, which would certainly help. Hmm.))

'Hey Bishop, if you could spare a moment, would you help me activate the kinetic amps in my arms? 'Cause I think those will help tremendously when the mission goes south eventually.'

Check hallway that leads to temporary storage. Use thermal vision to check ahead.

Spoiler: team C and D (click to show/hide)
You have to basically get on your hands and knees and crawl to get into the hall, forcing you to look straight at the ground through your camera, which makes looking at anything difficult.

[Stacy: Team C]

To Teams C and D: "Big trouble. Whoever did all this massacring either had or still has an extremely powerful laser in their possession. Stay on the lookout for any laser weaponry. Even the police force wouldn't have stuff like this. So it must be either a mining or cutting laser, or perhaps something even worse."

Go down the hallway to Temp Storage after Miyamoto.

((If it's necessary, my auto action is to stick with Miyamoto.))
You stick with/use as cover miyamoto's giant robotic ass, walking slowly after him as he crawls through the hall.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9264 on: November 19, 2012, 02:47:09 am »

Team A Leader, Jim

Jim makes a quick search for anything the Armory Master might buy under the guise of checking for people under the bed and so forth, then goes for the next door south. If empty, he repeats the procedure, up to and including going south to the next door and repeating the procedure.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 03:16:59 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9265 on: November 19, 2012, 03:02:02 am »

Over open comms (but not outside speakers): "Faith, get back! He could be any freak."

Wait for Faith to move out of the way. Cut both of the figure's hands off at the wrists with my laser rifle. His hands are on the wall, so it should be easy(?). 1 second quick-chop each.

Over open comms and suit speakers: "That didn't tell us shit sorry mate. Standard HMRC procedure. NOW GET THE FUCK ON THE GROUND. NOW CUNT! DO IT! NOW!!!!"

Move back another 5 paces from the figure.  
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 03:07:37 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9266 on: November 19, 2012, 03:05:27 am »

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"Ok.  Sorry.  Ok."
Check the room three south of where Jim is, the one with the southernest blood smear running next to the door.
"I'm pretty sure I know what I'll find through here, but it can't hurt to check."

(Unrelated: does the room with all the blood and corpses say "Mess" on the map?)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 03:25:13 am by Remalle »

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9267 on: November 19, 2012, 03:08:31 am »

((Mesk?))
It's a game. Have fun.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9268 on: November 19, 2012, 03:15:47 am »

Follow Miyamoto. Watch out for any treacherous or suspicious elements of architecture or evidence.

((It probably says "Mess" because it used to be a mess hall. Also, horrible government conspiracy - check.))

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9269 on: November 19, 2012, 03:44:11 am »

(( Government conspiracy? Nup. They deal with things as any dictatorial, semi-galaxy-spanning government would. Where do you think Sambo got his training? (backstory-wise, sort-of, probably. Or a proto-form of it). Why do you think the HMRC exists? Hmmmmm, prisoner-death squad. Yeah, our government farts rainbows and rides unicorns around the galaxy to magic-strawberry patches. /sarcasm. No conspiracy needed. ))
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 616 617 [618] 619 620 ... 1256