Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 619 620 [621] 622 623 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3946972 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Choosing teams
« Reply #9300 on: November 19, 2012, 09:25:16 am »

((Don't cut off the hands. Kneecap them. Watch for a reaction. Although, to tell you the truth, perhaps cutting the hands off right away will help prevent assault. I'm just afraid it'll cause the person to rapidly bleed to death before they can be fixed.

Then again, Faith is quite possibly the most dangerous close-quarters combatant of the team. Maybe it would be wise to simply wait and see for a reaction, then shoot?

If you do actually hit Faith, you might compromise her suit integrity and expose her to the virus, which would be very bad indeed.))

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #9301 on: November 19, 2012, 09:37:06 am »

(( Laser. Cauterize. Spelling. Hope.
Hmmmm. Sleep now for sambojin soon. Unless there's a post I have to do something about.
Mmmmmmmmm, dreams of medi-spooge women that aren't into robots (yet). mmmmmmmm.......zzzzzzzzzz ))
It's a game. Have fun.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9302 on: November 19, 2012, 09:48:04 am »

((Oh, civilian lasering doesn't equal civilian deaths. They just wanted them non-hostile. Less limbs=less hostile. ))
((Okay, let me change that to horribly traumatizing civilians then :P))

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #9303 on: November 19, 2012, 10:08:42 am »

((If don't see the wisdom in using the HMRC for this kind of missions anyway. The HMRC have demonstrated before how much they value the lives of innocent civilians. I remember one mission where the HMRC attempted to stop a serial killer by...well...stealing his job. The only possible use I can think of for the civilian transport ships is to transport all the loot that the HMRC is going to try to bring home.))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9304 on: November 19, 2012, 10:10:54 am »

((Said loot possibly including civilians.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9305 on: November 19, 2012, 10:13:14 am »

((If don't see the wisdom in using the HMRC for this kind of missions anyway. The HMRC have demonstrated before how much they value the lives of innocent civilians. I remember one mission where the HMRC attempted to stop a serial killer by...well...stealing his job. The only possible use I can think of for the civilian transport ships is to transport all the loot that the HMRC is going to try to bring home.))

((That's precisely the thing. They aren't actually using the HMRC for peacekeeping and evacuation, it seems, but for testing something. How else would you explain that the HMRC was called to do this in the first place? IT'S A CONSPIRACY I TELL YOU. WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9306 on: November 19, 2012, 10:32:06 am »

((And how is that different from a normal mission?))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9307 on: November 19, 2012, 10:35:23 am »

((Well, maybe I'm grossly exaggerating. However, the civic defenders seem to be lying when they say they don't know anything, I think. They probably do know and don't want to die themselves. So yes, it's not very different from a normal mission despite a contrary first impression.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9308 on: November 19, 2012, 10:53:25 am »

((Exactly, the HMRC is a death sentance for a reason you know.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9309 on: November 19, 2012, 11:02:08 am »

[Team B Leader=Milno]

"Remember that going around killing civilians does not make your token count go up, lemmings." Milno said over the comms before going after the religious freak. He didn't seem exactly too well.

Follow Lars.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #9310 on: November 19, 2012, 11:13:28 am »

((Damn sleep.))
TEAM B: Bruce
Bruce, upon entering the mess, stopped shaking and grabbed the crystalline projector off his back
"Those sick fuckers! If I see any of them, they'll learn the pain they've caused others"
Continue down the hall, keep an eye out for mines, ignore my team.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9311 on: November 19, 2012, 12:45:11 pm »

Follow Milno. Switch in between spectrums as the team progresses. Keep an eye out for anything, in all the helmetss different modes.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #9312 on: November 19, 2012, 01:59:04 pm »

Bruce, isn't it? I would not be so hasty. We only know the method of their death, not the circumstances. Indeed, if they were infected, they were likely dead anyways, and this would have been a much less horrid way to die, not to mention controlling the outbreak.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9313 on: November 19, 2012, 02:10:17 pm »

Name:Flint - Team C

"Or it could be a result of a witch hunt. People always like to blame others for their misery. They probably thought the new arrivals were responsible for the disease so the survivors killed them. They wanted revenge."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9314 on: November 19, 2012, 03:32:45 pm »

Follow Milno. Switch in between spectrums as the team progresses. Keep an eye out for anything, in all the helmetss different modes.

[May = Team B, With Thomas]

Follow Thomas.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 619 620 [621] 622 623 ... 1256