Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 614 615 [616] 617 618 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3947022 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Choosing teams
« Reply #9225 on: November 18, 2012, 07:58:11 pm »

"Hey UWM g- uuh I mean Command, I don't suppose you know any passwords for this place?"

While I wait for command's response , look around to see if the operator was foolish enough to write the password down somewhere inside the booth. If that fails try inputting random passwords or finding some sort of override. If that fails try and find some kind of pipe connecting to the clamp.

If it's hydraulic I may be able to cut a pipe and cause the clamp to lower. Like cutting the rope of a chandelier... Only as a last resort though.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 08:00:24 pm by Parisbre56 »

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9226 on: November 18, 2012, 08:01:51 pm »

[Team B "Medic" = Kyle]

Not bothering to reply to May's idea of calling for surrender, Kyle checked around the corner along with Jim. If there's nothing of note, try to open the first door I passed. (The one on the right, not the ones barely visible at the end of the hallway.)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 08:16:12 pm by Nicholas1024 »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9227 on: November 18, 2012, 08:09:37 pm »

"Might be a good idea to split up now.  Team A sweeps the corridors while Team B clears the rooms.  And covers our backs."
Either way, follow Jim.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9228 on: November 18, 2012, 08:09:40 pm »

((Guys, please add a title to your posts stating from which team you are. It is not necessary, but appreciated. I'll quote a spoiler with the composition with the A-B teams and one of the leaders from the C-D teams could do the same.))

[Team B Leader=Milno]

The young man stared into the darkness and then his gaze shifted to his allies. "Remembers me of the dam mission for some reason. With some luck, no one will decide to cause yet another problem with a manipulator or amp."

"Also, I'll be following you with some distance, Jim. If we get some more maneuvering space, I'll be taking pointman with you. No complaining." he says with a grin.

Follow some meters in front of Bruce and activate the buzz mode, keeping both attention and guns trained on the three doors. Make the turn carefully.

((@GM: Are my extra 30% fuel and armored pods included in the sheet, by the way?))

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9229 on: November 18, 2012, 08:11:23 pm »

((That's actually a really good idea. I was actually thinking that splitting the two teams off into separate threads probably wouldn't be practical, but would be nice to keep track of everyone.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9230 on: November 18, 2012, 08:14:25 pm »

[Team B = May]

May turns up the amplifier on her microphone. "Testing! One, two, three!" She clears her voice and finally utilizes that terrifying voice manipulation system the doctor implanted. "This is the H.R.M.C. Come out unarmed and with your hands up. All who do not comply will be fucked. That is all."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9231 on: November 18, 2012, 08:42:44 pm »

Team A Leader, Jim

"Do you mean figuratively or literally?" Jim asked, genuinely curious. With May, it was impossible to know for sure until she said which.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9232 on: November 18, 2012, 08:49:52 pm »

[Team B = Thomas]
"That was scary. Good job, May."
Thomas prepares to fire at any hostiles.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9233 on: November 18, 2012, 09:19:39 pm »

Team D Tech, Bishop

Bishop looked at the cuts in the ship hulls with concern.

"Whatever made these was definately something powerful. I'm guessing mining laser would do the trick. Be careful not to get hit when they try sweeping the beams across us, it'll slice you in half. I'm going to check these ships, cover me."

Have a look inside the ships carefully, announcing loudly inside it that anyone inside should put their hands up and don't move. Try not to get shot.

"Nothing hurts anymore."

He looked sad for a bit and then glanced back at Feyri, noticing something.

"Your helmet is broken, or damaged at least. Looks like something with the faceplate. I could fix it later if you want."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9234 on: November 18, 2012, 09:34:00 pm »

Team D, Jobasio

Jobasio had been silent til then, simply watching and observing as the team milled about. He heard Bishop's request for cover, though, and moved into position to do so. He knelt and raised his gauss rifle to a ready position, although he wasn't quite sure what was expected to jump out.
Over comms: "Right, covering you. Not sure how much help I'll be if you're inside and I'm out, though. Let me know if you need me in there."

>Cover Bishop!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9235 on: November 18, 2012, 09:52:37 pm »

"I'll move to secure the hall first. Then we'll worry about the doors," Jim said, moving to the turn and taking a look down it. There wasn't much point in trying to be stealthy, since he had his lamps on.
"Wait. I've had an idea."
LOOK FOR MINES
You find no mines, trip wires or other things in the hall that want to violently kill you.

"I'll move to secure the hall first. Then we'll worry about the doors," Jim said, moving to the turn and taking a look down it. There wasn't much point in trying to be stealthy, since he had his lamps on. In light of Bruce's suggestion, he let the new guy look for mines first, THEN executed his own action.

You walk around the corner. There are more doors on the right and two on the left. The ones on the right all have a number next to them while the ones on the left have words, though you can't actually read what they say from here. You take a few steps forward and notice that  there are stains running from several of the doors on the  right to the first door on he left.

"Command, I'm guessing you can't help us with passwords and such?"

Attempt to open doors to Temporary Storage Area.

You tap the display until it turns on and then tap the open button. Surprisingly the door opens without hesitation, great metal doors sliding open and revealing the hallway beyond.

Lars shivered.  This was truly an unholy place if he was cut off from Steve.  At least the shining beacon of Milno was still available.

"Saint Milno, you'll have to be our sacred rally point- Steve's transmissions are cut off by the evil of this place."

Cover Jim as he advances.
You stick behind jim, pointing your gun over his shoulder.

"Hey UWM g- uuh I mean Command, I don't suppose you know any passwords for this place?"

While I wait for command's response , look around to see if the operator was foolish enough to write the password down somewhere inside the booth. If that fails try inputting random passwords or finding some sort of override. If that fails try and find some kind of pipe connecting to the clamp.

If it's hydraulic I may be able to cut a pipe and cause the clamp to lower. Like cutting the rope of a chandelier... Only as a last resort though.
"You are.." there is a pause, "No, not for that console."

You shrug and start looking around the room, looking in the wastepaper bin in the corner, through magazines left on the end of the console, amongst the detritus of lived in space. You  bend to look under the shelf holding the console itself and accidentally bash your head as you start to stand back up.

"Sonofa-" you mutter, looking up at the underside of the shelf, and stop. There's a sticky note attached to the bottom of the shelf with the word "Hardline445" on it. Huh.

[Team B "Medic" = Kyle]

Not bothering to reply to May's idea of calling for surrender, Kyle checked around the corner along with Jim. If there's nothing of note, try to open the first door I passed. (The one on the right, not the ones barely visible at the end of the hallway.)
You check around the corner with Jim but when you find it to be empty of hostiles you move back down the hall and check the first door the team passed first. The room past the door is fairly large, much wider then it is long, and stacked with boxes and what looks like completely random junk. You open a box and find a package several sterile white shirts sealed in plastic. Another box is full of matching pants and a third has plastic cutlery. Must be what new arrivals were dressed in while they waited to enter the colony.  Judging from the rest of the junk this must be a storage room of sorts.

"Might be a good idea to split up now.  Team A sweeps the corridors while Team B clears the rooms.  And covers our backs."
Either way, follow Jim.
You stick close to jim, standing behind him though. Less chance of being folded in half if you're behind him.

((Guys, please add a title to your posts stating from which team you are. It is not necessary, but appreciated. I'll quote a spoiler with the composition with the A-B teams and one of the leaders from the C-D teams could do the same.))

[Team B Leader=Milno]

The young man stared into the darkness and then his gaze shifted to his allies. "Remembers me of the dam mission for some reason. With some luck, no one will decide to cause yet another problem with a manipulator or amp."

"Also, I'll be following you with some distance, Jim. If we get some more maneuvering space, I'll be taking pointman with you. No complaining." he says with a grin.

Follow some meters in front of Bruce and activate the buzz mode, keeping both attention and guns trained on the three doors. Make the turn carefully.

((@GM: Are my extra 30% fuel and armored pods included in the sheet, by the way?))

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
You kick up a hell of a racket as you buzz down the hall behind jim filling the room with wildly flickering and blinding firelight and equally blinding exhaust.

[Team B = Thomas]
"That was scary. Good job, May."
Thomas prepares to fire at any hostiles.
You continue to continue to continue to stay on guard.

Team D Tech, Bishop

Bishop looked at the cuts in the ship hulls with concern.

"Whatever made these was definately something powerful. I'm guessing mining laser would do the trick. Be careful not to get hit when they try sweeping the beams across us, it'll slice you in half. I'm going to check these ships, cover me."

Have a look inside the ships carefully, announcing loudly inside it that anyone inside should put their hands up and don't move. Try not to get shot.

"Nothing hurts anymore."

He looked sad for a bit and then glanced back at Feyri, noticing something.

"Your helmet is broken, or damaged at least. Looks like something with the faceplate. I could fix it later if you want."
You fly around and examine the undamaged ships in the hanger but find their hatches locked and their windowless, hulls far from helpful for looking inside. Stymied, you move on to the damaged ship, flying through the unconventionally widened entry hatch and landing in the scorched interior. The actual crew area of the ship is tiny, not much more then a central hall with a few rooms branching off and a cockpit in the front. There are more bodies here, orange civilian suits split open to reveal frozen red flesh and blood inside. Near the back is a hatch that leads down to cargo area.

Team D, Jobasio

Jobasio had been silent til then, simply watching and observing as the team milled about. He heard Bishop's request for cover, though, and moved into position to do so. He knelt and raised his gauss rifle to a ready position, although he wasn't quite sure what was expected to jump out.
Over comms: "Right, covering you. Not sure how much help I'll be if you're inside and I'm out, though. Let me know if you need me in there."

>Cover Bishop!
You jog after bishop as he flies around, tapping on undamaged ships before he flies to the damaged ship and disappears inside. You wheeze and lean on the wall. Crimminy, it's hard to give someone cover when they're flying.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 10:13:46 pm by piecewise »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9236 on: November 18, 2012, 09:55:50 pm »

((You missed me. Unless the storage controls are the same as the hangar ones.))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9237 on: November 18, 2012, 09:57:15 pm »

(Also missed anailater and myself... but I don't blame him, ton of people on this mission. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9238 on: November 18, 2012, 09:57:37 pm »

Follow allies. Stay near the rear.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9239 on: November 18, 2012, 09:57:56 pm »

((Huh. Another thread might not be an awful idea for GM sanity, actually...))
Pages: 1 ... 614 615 [616] 617 618 ... 1256