Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 613 614 [615] 616 617 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3947032 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Choosing teams
« Reply #9210 on: November 18, 2012, 06:53:03 pm »

20 people in a mission cause a true mess and trouble for me to keep up when I'm studying for tests and whatnot...))

(I agree. I'm kind of lost on who's doing what since it seems like people from your team are just hanging out with my team and everyone's kind of doing their own thing in general anyway... ^^^; So I'm just doing whatever I feel I should and if people want to follow my lead, then that's cool and I appreciate it.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9211 on: November 18, 2012, 06:55:38 pm »

((Well, until we actually come across some action, teams A and B are more or less free to mingle. Once said action happens, then it's up to Milno/Jim to give orders to their squad.))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9212 on: November 18, 2012, 07:03:21 pm »

Take cover behind Follow behind Jim.  Monorazor and cutting torch ready, just in case.  Get a good look around.
"Hello?  Anyone out there?"
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 07:08:43 pm by Remalle »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9213 on: November 18, 2012, 07:07:46 pm »

20 people in a mission cause a true mess and trouble for me to keep up when I'm studying for tests and whatnot...))

(I agree. I'm kind of lost on who's doing what since it seems like people from your team are just hanging out with my team and everyone's kind of doing their own thing in general anyway... ^^^; So I'm just doing whatever I feel I should and if people want to follow my lead, then that's cool and I appreciate it.)
((Yeah, this pace is frantic even by normal thread standards.))

"Guys, I think some of you are jumping to conclusions. Remember that this place has been undergoing riots and other weirdness for weeks; this might be related to the outbreak or something similar, but it could also just be some bizarre incident that happened as a result or even coincidentally.

Just don't jump to too many conclusions about plague capsules and terrorist ship attacks, okay?"

She then switched over to the UWM guy.

"Hey UWM guy, do you have a preferred title or something? Anyway, two questions. One, what's the status of the base in terms of collateral, looting it, and so on? You want this place intact as possible or don't care about it or what?

Secondly, you want any kind of status updates or just want us to get it done?"

Examine entrance to Temporary Storage, or the hallway that leads to it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #9214 on: November 18, 2012, 07:08:26 pm »

See if there's any cameras or view-screens for them around the hangar. See if there's any recording of what happened. If not, go to the loading and unloading area. Look for control panels or view-screens, etc.

"Oi Faith, we'd better get going after we've checked these areas. Someone might need doctoring or shooting or something."
It's a game. Have fun.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9215 on: November 18, 2012, 07:09:44 pm »

"Yeah. This looks fascinating, but to be honest I don't think we're going to be able to figure out what happened just from staring at the corpses..."
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9216 on: November 18, 2012, 07:10:09 pm »

((Well, until we actually come across some action, teams A and B are more or less free to mingle. Once said action happens, then it's up to Milno/Jim to give orders to their squad.))
(Don't forget abut Teams C and D. XD)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #9217 on: November 18, 2012, 07:14:59 pm »

((If I do end up missing some actions, assume Sambo is sticking close to Faith. IronyOwl can control Sambo's actions if I'm is away for any particular amount of time. It might help squad cohesiveness. Or let us all die at once. Or let IronyOwl go on a shooting and/or doctoring rampage. Oh well. ))
It's a game. Have fun.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9218 on: November 18, 2012, 07:31:22 pm »

"Lamps on.  Thomas, you wanna take point?"
On the lamp.  Peek inside.
"I will."

Jim activates his lamps and walks in first, taking point.
Thomas cringes a little at the sound of the door collapsing, then heads into the hall.
"If Jims got point, I'll take rear. I've got a scope on here, and I want to use that."
Head into the hallway, take cover by the door. Follow the others, take rear. Lamps on.
"Hello anyone here?"
Light lamps, take middle.
Turn on the suit's lamp(s), shine a light into the darkness. Enter along with Milno/Jim should one of them decide to do so.
Take cover behind Follow behind Jim.  Monorazor and cutting torch ready, just in case.  Get a good look around.
"Hello?  Anyone out there?"

The cluster of inmates clamors through the door and looks around, sweeping their lights around. Beyond the blast door is an almost featureless metal hall. On the right, halfway down the hall, is a door and, barely visible at the end of the hall, are two more doors. It's completely dark and silent.

Red is inmates.

Go to the control booth and check for useful info. Also, see if I can move the ship so that it's more easily accessible.

"Hey, can any of you guys that can fly, levitate, are giant robots or whatever check the inside of the ship? Might have some clues as to what caused this."

"Also can anybody who knows how to operate these infernal machines come help me with this control booth?"

You climb a ladder up the catwalk and make your way to the control room, stifling a twang of vertigo as you look down at the ground far below you. The control room has a single large control panel in it with a display screen and what looks like some sort of mechanical gloves, probably for manipulating the mechanical limbs for loading and unloading. The screen on the panel is locked with a password prompt.

((Yeah, this pace is frantic even by normal thread standards.))

"Guys, I think some of you are jumping to conclusions. Remember that this place has been undergoing riots and other weirdness for weeks; this might be related to the outbreak or something similar, but it could also just be some bizarre incident that happened as a result or even coincidentally.

Just don't jump to too many conclusions about plague capsules and terrorist ship attacks, okay?"

She then switched over to the UWM guy.

"Hey UWM guy, do you have a preferred title or something? Anyway, two questions. One, what's the status of the base in terms of collateral, looting it, and so on? You want this place intact as possible or don't care about it or what?

Secondly, you want any kind of status updates or just want us to get it done?"

Examine entrance to Temporary Storage, or the hallway that leads to it.
"Command will work. Do your best not to damage the structure or utilities, but other then that, do as you wish.  And we have access to your cameras, we're watching as you work. Status reports aren't necessary."

See if there's any cameras or view-screens for them around the hangar. See if there's any recording of what happened. If not, go to the loading and unloading area. Look for control panels or view-screens, etc.

"Oi Faith, we'd better get going after we've checked these areas. Someone might need doctoring or shooting or something."
You don't see any cameras anywhere in the hanger or the loading and unloading area. The only control panel you see is the one to open the large doors to the Temporary storage area.  There might be one up there in that control booth where Flint is.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9219 on: November 18, 2012, 07:33:36 pm »

"I'll move to secure the hall first. Then we'll worry about the doors," Jim said, moving to the turn and taking a look down it. There wasn't much point in trying to be stealthy, since he had his lamps on. In light of Bruce's suggestion, he let the new guy look for mines first, THEN executed his own action.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 07:40:46 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9220 on: November 18, 2012, 07:34:05 pm »

"Command, I'm guessing you can't help us with passwords and such?"

Attempt to open doors to Temporary Storage Area.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #9221 on: November 18, 2012, 07:35:24 pm »

"I'll move to secure the hall first. Then we'll worry about the doors," Jim said, moving to the turn and taking a look down it. There wasn't much point in trying to be stealthy, since he had his lamps on.
"Wait. I've had an idea."
LOOK FOR MINES
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9222 on: November 18, 2012, 07:40:48 pm »

Lars shivered.  This was truly an unholy place if he was cut off from Steve.  At least the shining beacon of Milno was still available.

"Saint Milno, you'll have to be our sacred rally point- Steve's transmissions are cut off by the evil of this place."

Cover Jim as he advances.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9223 on: November 18, 2012, 07:43:02 pm »

"Shall I issue a call to surrender for anyone inside?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9224 on: November 18, 2012, 07:53:16 pm »

"Might as well.  Stealth is pointless- they'd notice the hanger pressurization almost certainly."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 613 614 [615] 616 617 ... 1256