Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 578 579 [580] 581 582 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944941 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 7: A storm is coming.
« Reply #8685 on: November 01, 2012, 11:25:34 am »

((You people should count yourselves lucky, even. You actually managed to talk to the central computer and he's pretty reasonable. Your chances are looking pretty bright right now.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8686 on: November 01, 2012, 11:58:02 am »

To Miyamoto over radio: "Can ask if it is possible for me to have a sword or something."

Say above then mock leons demise even more.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8687 on: November 01, 2012, 01:34:26 pm »

((You people should count yourselves lucky, even. You actually managed to talk to the central computer and he's pretty reasonable. Your chances are looking pretty bright right now.))
((Do stuff IC. It will all work out in the end.))

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8688 on: November 01, 2012, 03:25:00 pm »

Roger speaks to the computers in the middle.  "Can you let him go, if we make sure he doesn't do anything like that again?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8689 on: November 01, 2012, 03:42:12 pm »

Yank myself free, kick out to dislodge the arms pulling me in then back up across the room, shoot the Hindu god thing in the eyes while backing up.
[str:1]
The machine rips you free of the doors with a massive amount of force, causing you to drop your rifle down the shaft as you go flying back, sharp metal fingers catching hold of arms and legs, clawing and scraping like mad. It twists in mid air, its arms coiling like a springs, and then slams you against one wall with the force of a rocket propelled steamroller.
[end:5+2]
You slam against the wall with a deafening metallic thud, fine cracks spreading across your chest and back. The Machine pauses, seemingly confused by the fact that you're still alive. You use the instant to try and tear yourself free.
[str:4] You struggle, more wiggling out then breaking out be force, but manage to get yourself free of many of the hands on you, freeing up both arms. 
'If you would be so kind as to give us that information, we will leave your facility immediately. Well, as soon as whatever's happening down there is over, that is. And if you could provide us with transport of some sorts, and maybe shut off the electrical storm, we'll be gone even sooner.

I do fear however, that the project leads you mentioned will be long dead by now. In fact, so much time has passed, I suspect even their children's children will be gone. Are you sure you want to stay here? You could join the UWM, I'm sure they would have a very interesting job for you.

Out of curiosity, could you tell me what lies in the levels above this one?

Converse with Logos.
"I am already manufacturing a way for you to leave, with what information you desire. It shall be done soon. On it is loaded all the sorted data we have so far. It should be of use to you."

"Perhaps they are. But perhaps not. I still live, in a way. Perhaps they do too. I will wait."

"Above is the control areas for the "storm" as you call it, and for the electrical weapon you no doubt saw earlier."

"DON'T WORRY, WE'LL GRAB YOUR HEAD WHEN IT'S DONE AND WE'LL GET IT BACK OUT OF HERE! I PROMISE! JUST LET GO!"

Stay calm and keep my gun trained on that door. Take a few deep breaths and be ready for trouble.
You keep your gun pointed at the door and watch as Leon struggles. For an instant you consider throwing him your gun to replace the one he dropped but...no.  No, better this way. He brought it on himself.

"Well, you should just let go and drop kick the bastard then, instead of hanging onto the ledge and doing nothing. It really doesn't matter anyway, because in the grand scheme of things, it's easier for you to let go of your material existence now than to die a boring and uniteresting death later. What I'm trying to say is WOULD YOU FRAKKING LET GO AND DIE ALREADY TO APPEASE THE GODS OF THIS STATION."

steady my gun and keep it pointing towards the door
You stand beside Bishop and keep your gun aimed at the door, but don't fire. You wish it would just end.

"Oh, well... This is boring..."

Explore the building.
The building is about 20 stories high and arranged like an apartment tower, with lots of small housing area, all of them empty and devoid of anything interesting. The most interesting thing you find, after slowly climbing 20 stories worth of stairs, stopping to rest continuously, is the roof, which lets you look out across the dome.

To Miyamoto over radio: "Can ask if it is possible for me to have a sword or something."

Say above then mock leons demise even more.

You broadcast your desire to be armed and then point and laugh as leon struggles for his life.

"I get no joy from the death of another man...USUALLY!" you then spend several seconds cheering and laughing.

Roger speaks to the computers in the middle.  "Can you let him go, if we make sure he doesn't do anything like that again?"
"We do not control that machine. The machines are autonomous. We create their bodies and program their AI, but once they are active, they are on their own."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8690 on: November 01, 2012, 03:51:24 pm »

Shout at the robot and try to convince it to stop attacking while I run for my rifle.

"Ok I get it sorry I'll put the panel back and behave myself so will you leave me alone? I have no desire to damage you or be damaged myself. I would rather converse with you, perhaps you would like to know why I am unharmed by that attack which would likely have killed any of my companions, and I would certainly like to ask you some questions."

If the robot continue to attack run as fast as I can and grab my spare rifle battery and my rifle, crack the spare battery then hurl it at the robot then open fire at the point the battery chemicals land on while still backing away

« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 08:33:18 pm by mesor »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8691 on: November 01, 2012, 03:52:55 pm »

Try to hover again if I fail at that ask one of the computers if there is a amoury or somewhere I can get scrap metal.

"MWAHAHA!"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8692 on: November 01, 2012, 03:55:06 pm »

"Well... This is boring..."

Start philosophising.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8693 on: November 01, 2012, 04:02:25 pm »

"Scrap metal...?  This is probably not the time to ask for that."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8694 on: November 01, 2012, 04:20:02 pm »

Over comms to team: 'I have managed to both arrange us a ride out of here and for the required data to be handed to us on a silver platter. If you guys could sort things out down there, I think the time has come for us to make our leave. How are things on your side?'

'We are fortunate enough the main AI is so helpful as it is, I'm not going to push our luck. So no. Besides, if we make it out of here with this information intact, you'll earn enough tokens to buy yourself a good sword. Maybe that guy who was selling swords back on-ship will make you a nice custom one.

To Logos: 'Thank you, Logos, for helping us out like that. Your dedication to your task is truly extraordinary. I sincerely hope the project leads will someday return so you can fulfill your... mission.'
He had wanted to say for the computer to 'fulfill his destiny', but he wasn't sure such a concept would still resonate with the AI. It made him wonder if, somewhere, there was still a person inside that body of metal and circuits.

'If there is anything I can do for you before we leave, do say so. If not, just tell me where we need to go, and we will exit your facility, and leave you to your research.'

Talk to Logos.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8695 on: November 01, 2012, 04:30:47 pm »

over comms:"Everything here is fine and dandy, you know, mutiny and murderbot v3.0 not included. Can we leave now?"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8696 on: November 01, 2012, 04:33:27 pm »

Over comms: "Wait, what the hell did you just say?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8697 on: November 01, 2012, 04:40:36 pm »

"Leon done goofed. And now a hunter is trying kill him for tampering with a computer."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8698 on: November 01, 2012, 04:42:21 pm »

'Maybe that guy who was selling swords back on-ship will make you a nice custom one.

(Yes, yes I will, for very fair prices. I just happened to acquire 150 pounds of scrap recently. ^^^ And I still got that eternal pain-killer for sell for three tokens, too! :D)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8699 on: November 01, 2012, 04:44:10 pm »

((what swords  are safe to use with 2 strength?))
Pages: 1 ... 578 579 [580] 581 582 ... 1256