Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 580 581 [582] 583 584 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944563 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 7: A storm is coming.
« Reply #8715 on: November 01, 2012, 07:52:13 pm »

(( Still get an endurance roll to decide on it's outcome. Bonus or not a good roll and I'd survive the attack at least long enough to fight back, and also as Piece himself said earlier we don't know what kind of stone this actually is and what effect it will have, and it's covered in magical runes. So no guarantee a weapon designed to destroy stone would be all that effective until we know more about the stone itself.
Every one of us is squishy :) I'm just a little less squishy then most of you now, the down side being that I'm also a lot less able to evade attacks so it's a trade off but my luck for evading sucks anyway so I'm good with it. ))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8716 on: November 01, 2012, 07:53:36 pm »

((mesor, just remember that this entire game is based around the concepts of bad odds, unfairness and hopelessness.

I made a character in attempt to be as powerful as any other entity in the game.

He's dead now.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8717 on: November 01, 2012, 07:55:27 pm »

(( I know, my first character got completely slaughtered. But at least when I do get attacked I'm a little more durable now. If I make it back to the ship I have a couple of ideas to improve on this even more, but gotta kill or convince the robot to let me live first. ))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8718 on: November 01, 2012, 08:04:03 pm »

Over comms: "Not that, the bit about getting the shit without you know... dying horribly?"

'As it turns out, the computer running this place is quite benevolent. And simply explaining why we're here and what we want turned out to be very effective. In fact, if you guys are ready to go, I think we can simply walk out of here and end this mission already.'

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8719 on: November 01, 2012, 08:12:07 pm »

"Glad to, let's try to get Leon though - once that thing is out of the way."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #8720 on: November 01, 2012, 08:16:37 pm »

((I'd like to see how you fare against a kilogram of blasting plastique, mesor. Especially if you've been hit by the High-EX grenade and not been blown apart by that. Or maybe my chemical/incendiary that can burn through rock, in any environment (Don't even think about water, it'll explode), and produces horrific acid vapour clouds as it does so.

Suffice to say, my character does not appreciate team members fucking around if said fuckery has a fair chance of getting others hurt or killed. Which, now that I'm back in VRland, is likely not to be noticed unless I'm forced out or come out for a mission or to chat with someone.))
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 08:20:12 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8721 on: November 01, 2012, 08:20:51 pm »

(( Hey it's not as if I planned to get into a slugging match with the Hindu terminator, I was opening a damned computer I did not expect it to be booby trapped. I'm hoping it's curious as to how I survive and will decide not to kill me, otherwise I guess I'm pinning my hopes on the chemicals from inside a rifle battery either being highly combustive so a rifle shot blows the damned thing to pieces, or corrosive enough to let my rifle punch through the weakened armor. If that fails then I guess I empty the battery and then rip the damned thing apart with my hands, I ain't losing to this damned thing I have plans that don't include dieing.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #8722 on: November 01, 2012, 08:28:36 pm »

((Good idea with the battery, something that's power-dense enough to be that small yet still power a UV (Or was it IR? Bah, not terribly important) laser does have a high amount of stored energy. Actually using that energy, though, is an issue. Try short-circuiting it, that's a major reason that batteries catch fire/explode in reality. Just be warned, you'll likely damage yourself since you're in such close proximity... if it's even enough to do anything.))
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 08:35:17 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8723 on: November 01, 2012, 08:32:21 pm »

(( Got the idea when I was talking to the boss, chemical battery so no bang from damaging it but it's full of nasty things so they may be combustible when hit by a burst of energy or if not very corrosive, but I'm hoping to convince Hindu terminator to talk instead of trying to kill me, it's a damned cool robot I don't wanna destroy it. But damaging myself is not a concern, it's trying to kill me anyway so wounding myself to destroy it is a fair trade.))
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 08:34:26 pm by mesor »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8724 on: November 01, 2012, 09:38:07 pm »

((Inb4 horrible Zerg rush of robots.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8725 on: November 02, 2012, 12:39:04 am »

Shout at the robot and try to convince it to stop attacking while I run for my rifle.

"Ok I get it sorry I'll put the panel back and behave myself so will you leave me alone? I have no desire to damage you or be damaged myself. I would rather converse with you, perhaps you would like to know why I am unharmed by that attack which would likely have killed any of my companions, and I would certainly like to ask you some questions."

If the robot continue to attack run as fast as I can and grab my spare rifle battery and my rifle, crack the spare battery then hurl it at the robot then open fire at the point the battery chemicals land on while still backing away
You're being pinned against a wall above a great big old elevator shaft. Your rifle fell down this shaft. You may want to rethink that.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8726 on: November 02, 2012, 12:47:56 am »

Try to hover again if I fail at that ask one of the computers if there is a amoury or somewhere I can get scrap metal.

"MWAHAHA!"
You fail to hover (why are you trying to hover?) before asking for weapons or scrap metal.

"The Assembly complex has both."

"Well... This is boring..."

Start philosophising.
[int:6+1]
Hmm Nuking the shit out of something would be a damn good way to prove that you actually exist and are not just a shared hallucination of the members of the team. Yes, indeed.

Over comms to team: 'I have managed to both arrange us a ride out of here and for the required data to be handed to us on a silver platter. If you guys could sort things out down there, I think the time has come for us to make our leave. How are things on your side?'

To Miyamoto over radio: "Can ask if it is possible for me to have a sword or something."

'We are fortunate enough the main AI is so helpful as it is, I'm not going to push our luck. So no. Besides, if we make it out of here with this information intact, you'll earn enough tokens to buy yourself a good sword. Maybe that guy who was selling swords back on-ship will make you a nice custom one.

To Logos: 'Thank you, Logos, for helping us out like that. Your dedication to your task is truly extraordinary. I sincerely hope the project leads will someday return so you can fulfill your... mission.'
He had wanted to say for the computer to 'fulfill his destiny', but he wasn't sure such a concept would still resonate with the AI. It made him wonder if, somewhere, there was still a person inside that body of metal and circuits.

'If there is anything I can do for you before we leave, do say so. If not, just tell me where we need to go, and we will exit your facility, and leave you to your research.'

Talk to Logos.

"I recommend you wait to use the elevator." The voice says, something jovial in it's tone, "I fear it is blocked at the moment."

Bishop turned to the laughing man next to him and slapped him hard across the back of the helmet.

"Shut up or I'll throw you down the shaft and leave you here to rot."

Contemplate shooting Leon to put him out of his misery.
Well...it would certainly get things done faster. Maybe the robot might even like you after that. Robo-hugs!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8727 on: November 02, 2012, 12:50:32 am »

"I recommend you wait to use the elevator." The voice says, something jovial in it's tone, "I fear it is blocked at the moment."

((What is with this universe and snarky AI computers? :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 7: Rock'em Sock'em Leon
« Reply #8728 on: November 02, 2012, 12:51:53 am »

((Hmm, how do the bombs work Piecewise? Do they have to be primed, or are they armed at the press of a button? Also, do they have timed or contact fuses?))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 7: Rock'em Sock'em Leon
« Reply #8729 on: November 02, 2012, 12:55:25 am »

(@Zako: If there's one thing I've learned from GrimithR's Syndicate LP and jefmajor's Assassin Creed LPs, it's that YOU DO NOT WANT HUGGLES. THEY ARE FATAL OR OTHERWISE BAD. :X)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 580 581 [582] 583 584 ... 1256