Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 552 553 [554] 555 556 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3946707 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 7:Playing with fire
« Reply #8295 on: October 12, 2012, 08:57:09 pm »

"About six or seven meters away from it. Should've mentioned I found it by being kicked by it..."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8296 on: October 12, 2012, 09:01:06 pm »

(( Try not to die I need some time to drop off the dead guy and he's new friend Mr head before I can come back. ))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8297 on: October 12, 2012, 11:26:34 pm »

give up and run to 2 street.

"Whats that noise?"
"UNCULTURED HEATHENS!" you yell back at the bots as you run for 2 street, getting about half way there. You wonder vaguely why you're running, but then realize that, considering the situation, it might be for the best regardless.

Roger, once out of sight of the robot, turns and tries to go through the buildings to E street.
You immediately duck into the nearest building and slam the door behind you. You run around for a few seconds in a panic before finding a way into the basement and promptly sequestering yourself in a corner with your eyes closed.
Continue taking my dead friends back to the tram, Try to contact the strange doctor who brought us in.
(one more turn left before you reach the tram station)
You continue on your path, back sore from dragging this literal dead weight. You consider trying to contact that man who brought you all down here an then realize you have no clue how you would do such a thing.
Go to E street through the buildings ASAP, smash a window of I have to. Drag Pancaek along.
You grab Pancaek with one hand and shoulder your way into the nearest building on your right. You run straight to the back of it and bash out a window before leaping into an adjoining structure. You continue this process at a rather breakneck speed until you finally find the way out onto E street just as the firing starts.

No one hears the actual impact of the shells; The sound of them firing leaves only a high pitched ringing in their ears. So when half of D street vanishes in flame, it does it in eerie silence, the only cue that they're watching something in real life rather then some VR projection being the shockwave that hurls them to  the ground. Roger, hiding in his basement shelter, can do nothing but pray to Pathmas as the walls crumble around him. And, either by divine decree or structural serendipity, the basement remains undamaged. However, the smoke and rubble that pours down from the entrance hints rather strongly that the rest of the building did not fair so well.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8298 on: October 13, 2012, 03:42:53 am »

"Guys? That artillery going to start back up again, and it's aiming for Street D. I'd suggest you get out of there. I could use a medic too, or atleast some help. If not, I'm going to get my revenge on that thing."

'I woud love to come and help you, if it weren't for the fact that you insisted on running of on your own. I'll send someone over who is a somewhat good medic as soon as I can, bit right now you'll just have to sit tight.'

'Hey Roger, you ok in there? Where are you? Can you make it back to 1-street on your own?

((Hey tavik, would you please stop running away? I trying to regroup, but you aren't making it easier. Unless you insist on facing whatever's out there alone, please stay in 1 position for a while. Or better yet, come back to 1-street.))

Send Pancaek over to 1-street, and go there myself if Roger can get out on his own. If not, help him out of there and continue to 1-street.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8299 on: October 13, 2012, 04:03:53 am »

"Keep moving! Get out of it's arc before it fires again!"

Book it for the target! Get out of the way where the cannons are pointing as fast as possible if they start pointing at me.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8300 on: October 13, 2012, 06:00:51 am »

Go to 1 street.

"I hope D isnt blocked now."

((at least you are not down someone.))

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8301 on: October 13, 2012, 07:29:22 am »

"My building was pretty damaged, but I am fine... I am trying to get out."  Roger tries to make his way back to the street, and goes towards 1 street.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8302 on: October 13, 2012, 07:51:16 am »

Take the dead man to the tram and load him and Mr head onto it then start the tram up. Greet the doctor

(( Is he still here or did he go back to the landing area after bringing us? ))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8303 on: October 13, 2012, 04:06:14 pm »

"Guys? That artillery going to start back up again, and it's aiming for Street D. I'd suggest you get out of there. I could use a medic too, or atleast some help. If not, I'm going to get my revenge on that thing."

'I woud love to come and help you, if it weren't for the fact that you insisted on running of on your own. I'll send someone over who is a somewhat good medic as soon as I can, bit right now you'll just have to sit tight.'

'Hey Roger, you ok in there? Where are you? Can you make it back to 1-street on your own?

((Hey tavik, would you please stop running away? I trying to regroup, but you aren't making it easier. Unless you insist on facing whatever's out there alone, please stay in 1 position for a while. Or better yet, come back to 1-street.))

Send Pancaek over to 1-street, and go there myself if Roger can get out on his own. If not, help him out of there and continue to 1-street.
"God damn it." You mutter, trying to shake the ringing out of your ears. You give Pancaek a shove towards 1 street and gesture for him to go. He nods and starts running off toward 1 street, disappearing down the road as smoke and dust flow in from the remains of D street. You duck back into the buildings you just ran through and push toward D street, navigating through fire and smoke, struggling through halls half collapsed and bashing your way through drywall and glass. You come out on d street in the middle of a crater of liquid fire, the street nothing but a continuous torrent of flame and smoke, every building around you blackened and crumbling like charcoal or already nothing but debris and ash. Your suit begins to blacken, the innards protected from heat but the paint charring and staining you soot black. You look around, shouting for Roger but without any idea where he is.
"Keep moving! Get out of it's arc before it fires again!"

Book it for the target! Get out of the way where the cannons are pointing as fast as possible if they start pointing at me.
You sprint down the street without so much as a hesitation, ignoring everything around you that doesn't immediately look dangerous. You make it to the intersection of E and 1, the thought that you could get there much faster if you flew always nagging you.
Go to 1 street.

"I hope D isnt blocked now."

((at least you are not down someone.))
You retrace your steps back to 1 street and watch as Bishop runs off toward E.
"My building was pretty damaged, but I am fine... I am trying to get out."  Roger tries to make his way back to the street, and goes towards 1 street.
You go to the stairwell and start digging, pulling chunks of concrete away and working your way up the stairs. It looks like you can get out like this but you're going to have to unbury yourself first and thats going to take time.

Take the dead man to the tram and load him and Mr head onto it then start the tram up. Greet the doctor

(( Is he still here or did he go back to the landing area after bringing us? ))
You make it back to the maintenance room where the tram dropped you off and find Wolfe sitting, watching the monitors with a bored sort of disinterest. He starts up and out of his chair when he notices you and your corpsey load. You tell him you need/ to get them back to the shuttle and throw them in stasis. He offers to take them for you himself, since he knows how to get back.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8304 on: October 13, 2012, 04:10:15 pm »

Place them on the tram then take 1 tear and put my bag on the tram, Back away from the tram and focusing on my leg use the tear to improve my new leg and if possible the rest of my body.

"Please wait one moment I need to fix my leg up properly or I may as well go with you. If this goes wrong you may need to take me with you as well. You may want to observe as well doc this leg got cut off a while ago and with a tear much like this one I grew a new leg but it's like stone and so it's loud and slow but maybe I can improve on it now."

(( Please magic Timmy's tear don't fail me now. ))

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8305 on: October 13, 2012, 04:20:08 pm »

"It will take a while for me to get out.  Roger continues digging out of the building.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8306 on: October 13, 2012, 04:23:57 pm »

Form up with Bishop.

"Whats like where you are Miyamoto?"

« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 06:20:16 pm by Tavik Toth »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8307 on: October 13, 2012, 04:26:01 pm »

continue to 1-street, keeping to cover

radio:Frak, not the time to get split up. How's your daring rescue of Roger going?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8308 on: October 13, 2012, 05:25:36 pm »

Bishop or miyamoto?

"Whats like where you are Miyamoto?"

((PW as im not sure what way to go you may roll for the choice.))
'I'm trying to dig out one of our squadmates; Pancaek is coming over to you. Continue to the objective through 1-street, try to link up with Bishop if possible.'

continue to 1-street, keeping to cover

radio:Frak, not the time to get split up. How's your daring rescue of Roger going?
'I know, I know, but I can't just leave him here. You guys keep moving, we'll catch up to you.'

'Hey Roger, could you describe to me where you went? I'll try to get you out, but I need to find you first.'

Continue looking for Roger, try to use wristpad to locate him or go by his directions, start digging when I find him.
If it looks like I'll sustain damage from he heat/fire/falling debris or something, retreat to a safer place.

((Didn't I see which building Roger entered? He was right in front of us when we fled through those buildings, after all.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8309 on: October 13, 2012, 06:12:18 pm »

"Basement of a building, just around the corner of 8 street.  I can catch up later if you need to go on though."
Pages: 1 ... 552 553 [554] 555 556 ... 1256