Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3946566 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 7:Playing with fire
« Reply #8310 on: October 13, 2012, 06:28:36 pm »

"Fuck it, I'm likey to bleed out before you get here. Not going down without getting revenge though..."

Get to one of the artillery platform's legs, Kinetic amp it (AKA Punch it off.)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8311 on: October 13, 2012, 09:07:07 pm »

"I'm already at the intersection of 1 and E. Head straight down the street and I'll scout ahead for you. Quick, before the thing fires again!"

Take to the rooftops and scout ahead down 1. Keep an eye on the thing that fired at us.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8312 on: October 13, 2012, 09:08:22 pm »

(( If somebody has the chance drag Taricus into some cover if he dies and I'll try to get back for his body assuming my experiment with the tear does not kill me or maim me. ))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8313 on: October 13, 2012, 09:40:26 pm »

Place them on the tram then take 1 tear and put my bag on the tram, Back away from the tram and focusing on my leg use the tear to improve my new leg and if possible the rest of my body.

"Please wait one moment I need to fix my leg up properly or I may as well go with you. If this goes wrong you may need to take me with you as well. You may want to observe as well doc this leg got cut off a while ago and with a tear much like this one I grew a new leg but it's like stone and so it's loud and slow but maybe I can improve on it now."

(( Please magic Timmy's tear don't fail me now. ))
You dump your various cargo on the Tram and then walk a short ways away before trying out the tear you brought with you.
[will:1-1]
The tear crumbles in your hands.

The stone of the new leg shivers and then begins to spread, slowly leeching it's way up your body until both your legs an most of your torso are composed of that same, solid stoney form. You try to push it away and hold it back with your hands but the spread continues until you're entirely stoned, your whole body nothing but a mass of black rock with thin square spiral designs carved throughout. You feel...remarkably ok, all things considered.
"It will take a while for me to get out.  Roger continues digging out of the building.
You dig just far enough up to hear Miyamoto yelling for you over his suit speakers. You yell back over yours and keep digging, the heat from the fires above turning the rebar around you a dull red.
Form up with Bishop.

"Whats like where you are Miyamoto?"
You chase bishop down to E and 1 taking a moment to catch your breath once you finally catch up.
continue to 1-street, keeping to cover

radio:Frak, not the time to get split up. How's your daring rescue of Roger going?
You Turn the corner onto 1 and chase down both Bishop and Jack at the intersection of 1 and E.

Bishop or miyamoto?

"Whats like wh_heayou are Miyamoto?"

((PW as im not sure what way to go you may roll for the choice.))
'I'm trying to dig out one of our squadmates; Pancaek is coming over to you. Continue to the objective through 1-street, try to link up with Bishop if possible.'

continue to 1-street, keeping to cover

radio:Frak, not the time to get split up. How's your daring rescue of Roger going?
'I know, I know, but I can't just leave him h_he. You guys keep moving, w_'ll catch up to you.'

'Hey Roger, could you describe to me wh_heayou went? I'll try to get you out, but I need to find you first.'

Continue looking for Roger, try to use wristpad to locate him or go by his directions, start digging when I find him.
If it looks like I'll sustain damage from h_ heat/fire/falling debris or something, retreat to a safer place.

((Didn't I see which building Roger entered? He was right in front of us when we fled through those buildings, after all.))
You hear Roger yelling and run to the destroyed hulk of a building the sound is coming from. You start lifting big chucks of concrete and rebar out of the slightly sunken pit marking the stairwell down to the basement, throwing them aside as flames lick across your suit.
"Fuck it, I'm likey to bleed out before you get here. Not going down without getting revenge though..."

Get to one of the artillery platform's legs, Kinetic amp it (AKA Punch it off.)
You drag yourself to the nearest of the robot's legs and hold yourself up, mustering all the strength you have and taking a swing with the Kinetic amp.
[uncon:4]
You swing hard and your kinetically empowered fist slams into the metal foot of the machine with enough force to drive it a full few inches to the side and punch a 6 inch dent in the armor on it's leg. Well...Fuck.
"I'm already at the intersection of 1 and E. Head straight down the street and I'll scout ahead for you. Quick, before the thing fires again!"

Take to the rooftops and scout ahead down 1. Keep an eye on the thing that fired at us.
You zip up to a nearby rooftop as your teammates catch their breath below and take a look around. D street is a goddang inferno, and the Howitzer-tron seems to be sitting around rather passively, having not changed his position. Something, however, is happening over in the Whirlwind around the center building; the increasingly bright blue white glow of electrical discharge is crackling up all through the whirlwind, wrapping and snaking around it like some sort of diabolical jacob's ladder.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8314 on: October 13, 2012, 09:50:08 pm »

(( Lol O come on twice in a row I rolled a bloody 1 using that thing are you kidding?
It's been interesting.
On the plus side stone is more durable then skin and bone. ))

Walk onto the tram and wink at the doctor then ask him to start the tram.

"Hey doc if you wouldn't mind can you come and give me a good punch? I wanna see how good this armor is."
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 10:06:09 pm by mesor »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8315 on: October 13, 2012, 09:53:39 pm »

(@Mesor: This might actually be a good thing. If you're still able to move about normally, then all that happened is you merely traded stealth for really good armor. Hopefully it's really good, anyway. :P

...Ninja edited before my post, I see. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8316 on: October 13, 2012, 09:55:42 pm »

(( Hah yea I know especially since I basically rolled a 0. But I'm gonna go for an all or nothing approach and use 9 tears at once now. So it'll either kill me or make me super human. But one way or another it's gonna be interesting.

On a side note PW what does a 0 men? Is it an epic failure so bad It gives you a bonus? ))
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 10:01:38 pm by mesor »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8317 on: October 13, 2012, 10:01:07 pm »

(O.o;;

I'm predicting you either end up like Timmy did or you somehow explode due to magic overload.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8318 on: October 13, 2012, 10:02:56 pm »

(( So am I lol but it's gonna be funny as hell whatever happens.
But Dice willing I'll roll a 6 which with my -1 penalty means a 5 which would be a perfect roll for this.
But On second thought's I'll wait till I reach the shuttle.
In theory a ballistic weapon would do bugger all to me now and plasma weapons would be worse then useless.
But I'll have to wait till I see the mad doc on the ship and see what he thinks. ))
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 10:07:01 pm by mesor »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8319 on: October 14, 2012, 12:13:37 am »

((Oh I have a feeling he's gonna LOVE checking you out.))

Bishop stared for a moment, trying to figure out what was going on.

"Guys, look at the whirlwind. Something's happening, and I don't think it's good. There's a LOT of electricity going through it, and given how conductive this snow shit is, we probably need to do something quickly. I don't know how much time we have, so any ideas right now would be good."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8320 on: October 14, 2012, 12:15:26 am »

(( Haha as long as he loves it enough to not kill me thats fine. ))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8321 on: October 14, 2012, 12:19:34 am »

((Not sure that's gonna happen... If it's gotten into your organs, then he'll most likely take those. You might even be put into a robot body as a brain, if he goes overboard.))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8322 on: October 14, 2012, 12:21:02 am »

(( I demand a robot body with good hair!!!! But if it had got my organs id be dead already lol. ))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8323 on: October 14, 2012, 12:25:18 am »

((Technically, your skin is rock which would be a death sentance if it was normal rock. Since your still alive, it must be 'magic' so logically the same must apply to organs that have been changed the same way.))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8324 on: October 14, 2012, 12:28:31 am »

(( Hah I may well keep this and hand over all the tears.
Consider this. My body in a MK III suit in an avatar of war.
About as close to invincible as is possible. ))
Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 1256