Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548] 549 550 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3946879 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 7:Playing with fire
« Reply #8205 on: October 09, 2012, 06:22:24 am »

Continue this nice, peaceful walk...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8206 on: October 09, 2012, 06:54:39 am »

(( Avoid the fighting. ))

Head towards the place Timmy died, Go from building to building and take cover if there is any sound of movement.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8207 on: October 09, 2012, 09:08:02 am »

((Had to have bad luck sometime. The dice gods have been kind to me so far, unlike others...))

"Gah, shit!"

Bishop glanced over the lip of the roof to see where his gun went, answering as he did so.

"They only ones here are robots, and they don't need furniture, let alone use these buildings by the look of it. You're better of slicing up the valuable warmachines for parts and taking those back instead. At least until we've reached the target."

Hop down from the building and get my rifle back. Check it for damage and if it will still work fine, finish off the bot with a good shot to the torso. Otherwise, slice it apart with the razor, arms first.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8208 on: October 09, 2012, 12:14:35 pm »

((Except for that poor sap that got obliterated, this thing turned out much better than it could have. Won't feel safe 'till that thing is down for good, though.

Speaking of which, I'd like to take a look at that hunterbot once it's down before we cut it up. Using my +1 aux, maybe we can scavenge something more valuable than mere parts from it, like its motherboard or main memory banks or something. If that fails, feel free to start looting like there's no tomorrow.))

((Oh man, I burst out laughing. Setting an example there, Bishie? :P))

((Me too, and it was noticed by flabbergasted people in the hallway (I'm living in a communal building of sorts.) ))

Get out of the building if the hunter is reported down (if not keep running away), and start rummaging carefully through its corpse, try to scavenge any sensitive or important-looking internal bits (like the main processing unit, for example).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8209 on: October 09, 2012, 02:09:11 pm »

Keep heading down D while keeping rifle ready.

"I wonder if there is any loot in these buildings."
You make it about half way down the street and notice something on a building near you: It's one of those types of bots that were replacing glass on that destroyed building before the artillery took it out, the ones with all the limbs. It practically cartwheels down the building, landing with ease, and then comes up beside you as you walk, staring at you with the sensors hidden within the small body at the center of that tangle of arms.
"Good job guys."  Roger checks his laser's battery and, as long as he is not right by the robot, moves to the man caught in the explosion.
You check the LED timer on the side of the battery. It reads 9/30. You grimace and then head out to check on the body still laying out in the intersection. It's badly burnt but it's head seems intact, at least as far as you can tell.
Continue this nice, peaceful walk...

You continue down 8, whistling a jaunty tune to yourself. Your nonchalance is interrupted when a building a hundred feet or so away from you seems to detonate from the inside out, hurling a wall of debris into neighboring buildings and sending several of them crashing to the ground, filling the street with a nearly impenetrable haze of dust.
(( Avoid the fighting. ))

Head towards the place Timmy died, Go from building to building and take cover if there is any sound of movement.
You start heading up 8, take a right on C and start heading back toward 1 and the entrance doors. You're making good time but it's going to take a little while, these outer edge streets are very long.
((Had to have bad luck sometime. The dice gods have been kind to me so far, unlike others...))

"Gah, shit!"

Bishop glanced over the lip of the roof to see where his gun went, answering as he did so.

"They only ones here are robots, and they don't need furniture, let alone use these buildings by the look of it. You're better of slicing up the valuable warmachines for parts and taking those back instead. At least until we've reached the target."

Hop down from the building and get my rifle back. Check it for damage and if it will still work fine, finish off the bot with a good shot to the torso. Otherwise, slice it apart with the razor, arms first.
You hop down from the top of the building and land in a burst of exhaust. You scoop the rifle off the ground, trying your best to make it look like you did that on purpose. It still seems functional, luckily. You look out across the intersection at the bot: It's cooling, it's molten joints and parts harding in place. Its movements have slowed to a jerky, slowmotion crawl, and then, finally, they stop all together. You let everyone know the machine has stopped moving.
((Except for that poor sap that got obliterated, this thing turned out much better than it could have. Won't feel safe 'till that thing is down for good, though.

Speaking of which, I'd like to take a look at that hunterbot once it's down before we cut it up. Using my +1 aux, maybe we can scavenge something more valuable than mere parts from it, like its motherboard or main memory banks or something. If that fails, feel free to start looting like there's no tomorrow.))

((Oh man, I burst out laughing. Setting an example there, Bishie? :P))

((Me too, and it was noticed by flabbergasted people in the hallway (I'm living in a communal building of sorts.) ))

Get out of the building if the hunter is reported down (if not keep running away), and start rummaging carefully through its corpse, try to scavenge any sensitive or important-looking internal bits (like the main processing unit, for example).
You stop running and come back out onto the street, but don't enter the intersection  or go near the robot as of yet. Bishop said it stopped moving; not moving isn't the same as dead.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8210 on: October 09, 2012, 02:21:22 pm »

Continue heading to the entrance careful not to be noticed, look around me for the remains of damaged or destroyed robots as I go.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8211 on: October 09, 2012, 02:46:51 pm »

"Hi!"

Wave at the robot.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8212 on: October 09, 2012, 02:53:47 pm »

Get past that haze as quickly as possible.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8213 on: October 09, 2012, 03:32:18 pm »

"Anyone have a razor?  I need it to get this guy's head."  Roger checks the body for a laser battery or more loaded weapon.  Then, after some hesitation, takes either a razor or, if necessary, a laser rifle, and severs the dead guy's head, closing the bottom of the helmet with some suit material and glue.  "Modern medicine is truly a great thing."  Sever heads, acquire ammunition.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8214 on: October 09, 2012, 04:21:30 pm »

Murderbot extreme has died by our hands, GO TEAM!

Pat miyamoto on the back for good teamwork, then follow him to regroup with the rest. Focus on murderbot to see if it yet lives, just in case

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8215 on: October 09, 2012, 05:33:38 pm »

Return the pat on the back, then go over to the warbot but stay at least 10 meters away from it. Throw a stone or a piece of debris to the 'bot (if I miss, keep trying till I hit it). If it starts moving again, back away quickly.
Also check laser rifle battery.

'Watch it guys, that thing might still have some fight left in it.
Also, Bishop, maybe you should fly that corpse back to the entrance. It's the least you can do for him.'
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 06:19:49 pm by Radio Controlled »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8216 on: October 09, 2012, 06:11:18 pm »

"I admit that I am partly responsible for this idiot. Don't know why he didn't move though. Probably scared shitless when he saw it coming at him, I know I was when it was chasing me, that's for sure."

Bishop hands his razor to the last doctor on the team.

"So lesson learned guys. Don't hack apart the robots while they are watching. We're lucky that the hunters aren't that physically tough."

Lend my razor to who needs it, then wait for the rocks to get thrown atthe bot. If it reacts, blast a shot into the torso of the hunter. Don't stand too close to the thing.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 06:47:56 pm by Zako »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8217 on: October 09, 2012, 06:17:29 pm »

((Might want to wait with shooting it again, if it's already dead you might end up blowing up the valuable parts. If it doesn't respond to the rocks, I'll carefully get a bit closer to it. Imagine how many tokens a functional-but-harmless hunterbot would yield. If, however, it gives so much as a mean look again, you can blow it to smithereens for good.))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8218 on: October 09, 2012, 06:20:41 pm »

(( Im gonna grab as many of the magic metal things Timmy made as I can then head back to you all on my brand new leg. Thank you for dieing Timmy. ))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8219 on: October 09, 2012, 06:45:56 pm »

((Technically, he's not dead, just had his mind sucked out of his body and replaced by that of an insane alien mind.

I'll wait for the rocks then. More valuable parts the better.))
Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548] 549 550 ... 1256