Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945918 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 7:Playing with fire
« Reply #8040 on: October 03, 2012, 06:04:12 pm »

(I wasn't calling out anyone, since I couldn't do anything for him myself if Jim was there. ^^^; Sorry if it seemed that way. I was just noting the possibility existed.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8041 on: October 03, 2012, 07:17:47 pm »

((I would have moved you back to the shuttle but there's the problem of the tram over an ocean in the way of that idea. So yeah, we're on a time limit now. Next time, you might not want to stand aroUnd crying in a collapsing building and then jump out infront of a heavily armored and armed robot.))

"I think that unless someone does something stupid, we can just go right past them."

Jump onto the rooftops again and start heading straight to the target. Stop and film the builders with my cams when I reach them.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #8042 on: October 03, 2012, 08:08:50 pm »

((Meh. It didn't occur to me that it was about to knock my building down. I figured he was chasing the entire group as they scattered into the alleys and ran down the street, and that it would ignore a single target over a mass of fleeing individuals, my plan being to get his attention and draw him back in the other direction once he had finished firing (that likely would've gotten me killed anyhow). Sadly, the robot had no semblance of predatory instincts (go figure :P), or was just too lazy to give chase, and decided instead to pump a few shells into the house in order to get a sole kill.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8043 on: October 03, 2012, 08:25:11 pm »

(It had to get it's K/D ratio up, but then Timmy ruined THAT idea.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8044 on: October 04, 2012, 12:24:22 am »

(I wasn't calling out anyone, since I couldn't do anything for him myself if Jim was there. ^^^; Sorry if it seemed that way. I was just noting the possibility existed.)

((Don't worry mate, no offense taken.

...Though if you would call me out for use of the word 'mate', I would totally understand.  ;) ))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8045 on: October 04, 2012, 01:45:10 am »

The team, now regrouped, continues down 8 street, wary of the robots working on a building near 8 and C. The building robots are greatly varied in size and shape, some small and spiderlike carrying bricks or sections of venting, some large and tanklike, rolling on treads with tanks of hot tar or liquid concrete on their backs, spreading their cargo through nozzles in long, sinuous limbs, and climbing balls of arms with a dozen panes of glass wander up the side of the building and slotting windows into place. They pay no attention to the team as they walk, or in bishop's case, rocket jump by. The team makes it to 8 and C without issue, however, as they enter the intersection a sound reaches them; a high pitched whistle that seems to be getting closer. 

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8046 on: October 04, 2012, 01:52:00 am »

"GET DOWN! QUICK!"

Take cover immediately!

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8047 on: October 04, 2012, 03:19:11 am »

Head into cover in a pile of rubble

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #8048 on: October 04, 2012, 04:59:16 am »

((Incoming!

It'll be amusing watching you guys dodge artillery.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8049 on: October 04, 2012, 05:22:33 am »

((That is if it IS artillery in the first place. Dang flying robots...))

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8050 on: October 04, 2012, 05:43:49 am »

Roger gets into the best nearby cover he can see.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8051 on: October 04, 2012, 09:41:33 am »

Get to cover, preferably some distance away from the builderbots.

'I frakking told y'all we should've gone through the buildings.'

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8052 on: October 04, 2012, 10:42:30 am »

Find the best cover

"Please not be whatever caused the massive explosions."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8053 on: October 04, 2012, 01:44:05 pm »

Oh deary me, another one of those days

Run for the nearest cover, as Miyamoto has the right idea, away from the builder bots

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8054 on: October 04, 2012, 03:33:09 pm »

"GET DOWN! QUICK!"

Take cover immediately!
You dive into the nearest building and huddle in a corner, covering your head.
Head into cover in a pile of rubble
The nearest pile of rubble is the building the robots are rebuilding just up the street, so you make a dash for the nearest neat pile of crushed concrete and rebar and hide behind it.
Roger gets into the best nearby cover he can see.
You follow Miyamoto a few buildings down and duck into a large brick building before throwing yourself to the ground and covering your head.
Get to cover, preferably some distance away from the builderbots.

'I frakking told y'all we should've gone through the buildings.'
You head a few buildings down to a sturdy brick edifice and duck inside.
Find the best cover

"Please not be whatever caused the massive explosions."
You follow Miyamoto into the brick building and huddle down in a doorway near the center of the building.
Oh deary me, another one of those days

Run for the nearest cover, as Miyamoto has the right idea, away from the builder bots
You duck into the first building down the street, away from the builder bots, and cover your head.

>Karen
You join Miyamoto in his building, hunkering down near the back.

The whistle becomes a high pitched scream and, just for an instant, a glint of metal can be seen streaking down at a hard angle, directly into the building the repair bots are remaking. Then there is nothing but a ringing in the ears and a dazed realization that something has happened. The men in Miyamoto's building stumble and fall to the ground, covered in drywall dust and fragments as the building shudders, fragments of concrete and brick tearing into it like cannonballs, bursts of pulverized red brick exploding out like the pink mist of a high caliber round to a man's skull. Despite it all, they remain uninjured, shielded by the brick and buildings around them.

Bishop and Pancaek are huddled in buildings closer to the blast and their cover catches more of the force of the shell. Bishop, curled in a ball, opens his eyes to find the the walls around him peppered with holes, some the size of a bottlecap, others as big as as his head. He looks down at himself, running his hands frantically over the suit, knowing he wouldn't feel an injury, but finds nothing. Pancaek isn't so lucky.
[pancaek end:6]
A bit of rebar comes slicing through the wall of the room he's hiding in, spinning like a top, and connects with a long, flat blow across his ribs.
[end:1]
He isn't awake to hear the sound of ribs cracking; the blow knocks him out instantly and leaves him sprawled in the corner.
[leon end:4]
Leon has it the worst though, huddled directly next to the building with nothing between him and the blast but a pile of loose concrete. He and the rubble are lifted and thrown by the blast, hurled down 8 street and pummeled by high speed debris, the only thing saving him from a rebar skewer to the skull being the bits of concrete flying with him. He lands a good 20 feet away, deaf and bleeding from the ears, coughing blood from shockwave ruptured lungs, his left leg crushed beneath a boulder of concrete and his left arm broken on impact. The rest of his body is a mass of bruises and cuts, testament to the beating of countless tiny projectiles.
[leon end:4]
He groans and gurgles through the blood, conscious but dazed and barely aware of whats going on.
Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 1256