Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 520 521 [522] 523 524 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943508 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 7:Playing with fire
« Reply #7815 on: September 25, 2012, 12:50:25 pm »

Bishop glanced at the large pods on his back for a moment.

"Don't have to tell me twice... Damn things make me feel like I'm wearing two big bombs on my back..."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7816 on: September 25, 2012, 01:36:20 pm »

((A team with a point man and moving as a group?  Surely this can't be a mission with actual tactics, can it?))
((To be fair, some missions start with actual tactics, but as it is said, no tactics resist the battlefield.

In our case, that means the tendency is that the few nutjobs in each group always manage to screw our plans.))

((This mission's nutjob blew himself out early.  Time will tell if that has any later ramifications.))
((Hopefully, otherwise this popcorns for naught))

((Don't forget the guy carrying tanks full of liquid death. That might lead to... situations later on.))

Bishop glanced at the large pods on his back for a moment.

"Don't have to tell me twice... Damn things make me feel like I'm wearing two big bombs on my back..."
'Look at the bright side, they do give you unprecedented mobility. With any luck, we can simply circumvent most potential dangers. And if not, The Team is here to help.
Isn't that right, fellas?'

((A team with a point man and moving as a group?  Surely this can't be a mission with actual tactics, can it?))
((To be fair, some missions start with actual tactics, but as it is said, no tactics resist the battlefield.

((How very, very true...))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7817 on: September 25, 2012, 01:41:02 pm »

(( So we fight dirty. After all. If your in a fair fight you did not plan it properly. ))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7818 on: September 25, 2012, 01:54:02 pm »

(( So we fight dirty. After all. If your in a fair fight you did not plan it properly. ))
((You should read all the missions. A sizeable amount of trouble usually comes from your teammates, not your enemies. :P

And I don't think anyone in the HMRC fights "fair", to be sincere.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7819 on: September 25, 2012, 02:03:55 pm »

((You should read all the missions. A sizeable amount of trouble usually comes from your teammates, not your enemies. :P

And I don't think anyone in the HMRC fights "fair", to be sincere.))
((It's true, we HMRC convicts don't fight fair most of the time. We got too much to worry about without having to think about being "fair" to whatever your fighting.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7820 on: September 25, 2012, 02:04:26 pm »

((What does 'fighting fair' even means in this particular context? Being gallant to the murder-bots? No mass emp-usage? Sending out a warning that we're here to, basically, plunder their city?))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7821 on: September 25, 2012, 02:05:39 pm »

((There is no fair in this context, and the robots wouldn't care anyway about fairness. They are robots after all. That means all bets are off!))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7822 on: September 25, 2012, 02:27:06 pm »

((There is no fair in this context, and the robots wouldn't care anyway about fairness. They are robots after all. That means all bets are off!))

((I know. Maybe I should've been more obviously sarcastic. Damn you written language!

Although, if we run into some sort of Marvin , then I'm officially no longer of any use. I couldn't possibly shoot something like that. Just look at him!))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7823 on: September 25, 2012, 02:32:20 pm »

(( So dont shoot it. Just kick it over the roof :P ))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7824 on: September 25, 2012, 02:40:20 pm »

"What should we do take out the robot, go straight ahead or go right?"

keep an eye out for the robot.

The thing behind the pile of debris shifts about and seems to be looking around, from what little you can tell.

Bishop hummed in thought for a bit before speaking.

"There's something ahead at the next intersection, and what seems like demolition on the left of this street and near that intersection. There's also quite a few flying bots above the city that drop down from time to time and I can't see where those cannon rounds are coming from.

We've got quite a distance to the target, so don't shoot anything. We can't afford to be under attack right now as we're too far from the target to make a run for it if we get swarmed. Take a right on this intersection and then head for the whirlwind on the next street, I'll hop from roof to roof and try to warn you for incoming bots and cannon rounds. Make sure to stay in cover, stay out of sight and don't disturb the flakes too much if you can. The bots might take notice of that."

Head across the rooftops following the team only using my rockets if needed, sticking to cover and scanning for threats. Ask Steve if he can still track Timmy and if he can, where he is currently located and moving towards.
You use a brief burst to leap across the intersection and land on on a building just across the street. You hop a few more roofs, heading down A street toward 8.  You stop to let the men on the ground catch up and activate your radio, trying to call in to steve. You get only a garbled mess of static in return. Hmm.
Follow the team , Watch our backs.
You follow Bishop on street level, dashing across the intersection and following him down the street, careful to keep yourself pressed against the buildings when possible.

Head to where Bishop pointed (to the right, I think), stop at the next intersection and look around and into the streets.

'Excellent. Bishop, you be our 'eye in the sky', while feeding us tactical information. Be sure to look out for yourself too, though. You make quite the target like that, and those rocket pods make you a bit vulnerable.'

Motion to teammates to move up with me to the following intersection.

''Come on people, I'd like to take a look inside that building. Who knows what wonders it hides...'

'Or which terrors wait for us.' he silently thought.

You Follow Bishop and Leon through the intersection and down A street toward 8, the team in tow.

The team follows the Bishop as he runs across the rooftops, leaping between buildings in a burst of flame and white smoke. They make their way down A street toward 8 and get a half dozen buildings away from the intersection before the shooting starts.

It's an electrical buzz followed by a metallic clunk and then a roar of unrestrained force, like a crack of thunder. The sound repeats 3 times in quick succession and then all the team can hear is the crumbling of concrete and breaking of glass from behind them. A wall of dust and light debris billows out into the intersection of 1 and A and when the team looks back they can see a plume of dust rising from behind them, in the direction of the 1 and B intersection.

Bishop, from his high vantage point, watches as three of the buildings that line 1 street near the B intersection seem to implode in on themselves and fall, disappearing behind the other buildings in a cloud of dust.

Updated map.

Red is the whole team, minus bishop.
Blue is bishop, ontop of the buildings.
Yellow is the approximate location of the robot you all saw down the road.
Orange is where the buildings got hit.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7825 on: September 25, 2012, 02:49:27 pm »

"I think we should get a move on."

move further up A street and see whats there

((What does that M mean on the map?))
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 02:58:23 pm by Tavik Toth »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7826 on: September 25, 2012, 03:09:59 pm »

Start running towards the intersection with 8, making sure that the whole team is following. If any of them are lagging behind, slap 'em on the back and urge 'em to keep moving. Look back periodically to see if something is following us. Stop running and start walking when Bishop confirms nothing is coming after us.

'Hey Bishop, what the hell was that? You got a visual? If you do, would you mind patching me through?'

If he allows it, put his video feed in the top left corner of my visor.

((What does that M mean on the map?))
((i think it's just another block.))
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 03:20:07 pm by Radio Controlled »

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7827 on: September 25, 2012, 03:21:17 pm »

Roger runs as well, moving near the outer side of the street and looking back before moving to the inner side. If he hears the sound again, he tries to get away from the buildings and the group.  "Stay on the inner side of the curve, you can't be seen from as far."  

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7828 on: September 25, 2012, 03:24:58 pm »

"Sounds like buildings collapsing or exploding."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7829 on: September 25, 2012, 03:28:45 pm »

Roger runs as well, moving near the outer side of the street and looking back before moving to the inner side. If he hears the sound again, he tries to get away from the buildings and the group.  "Stay on the inner side of the curve, you can't be seen from as far."  

'Excellent idea.'

Do, indeed, hug the inner side of the path.

Pages: 1 ... 520 521 [522] 523 524 ... 1256