Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943051 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 7:Playing with fire
« Reply #7800 on: September 25, 2012, 07:50:39 am »

((Third Person?))
Get back out onto the street and start heading down One towards the centre of the city.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7801 on: September 25, 2012, 10:02:18 am »

Watch the streets and warn Bishop if anything looks hes way.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7802 on: September 25, 2012, 10:31:30 am »

"Ill go with whoever went in the building."

Follow whoever went inside one of the buildings.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 10:37:07 am by Tavik Toth »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7803 on: September 25, 2012, 11:33:01 am »

((You missed my action! D:

"Right. You lot wait here, I'm going to have a look from higher ground. Don't get killed."

Fly up onto the roof of a building on the intersection of 1 and A. Have a good look around.
))
(Woops, sorry about that.)
You activate your rocket's and fly up to the top of the building on the corner of 1 and A, a concrete and glass brick of a office building by the look of it. You hug the wall as you make your way up at a relatively slow pace, pushing your way through the motes of snow.

You land atop the building safely and look around. Besides the one to the left, there are several other fires or plumes of smoke you can see dotted around the area. In the extreme distance, miles away you can see the target, a whirling spire of snow in which you can every so often glimpse a flash of metal from the building underneath.

You can see things, specks of shimmering, buzzing around above the city like gnats, landing occasionally before taking off again, diving into into the streets, out of sight. You watch as silent cannon rounds arch out of someplace in the unseeable distance and send up a new plume of smoke.

You scan around for anything near your position and see a few things. There's something moving around at the intersection of 1 and B, and dust and the sound of demolition coming from an area just to the left of 1 street, between A and B.

"Right. You lot wait here, I'm going to have a look from higher ground. Don't get killed."

Fly up onto the roof of a building on the intersection of 1 and A. Have a good look around.

'Ah yes, you do that. Be sure to tell us what you see, and watch where you're, erm, flying.'

Go to intersection, take a look around.

((Thanks for the map, PW. Will surely be of help, though it kinda looks like a crosshair to me. Let's hope it's all purely coincidental.))

((You missed my action! D:

))

((Poor Zako, can't wait to get shot out of the sky  :P))
You walk to the intersection and look down both sides of A street and farther down 1. What you can see of A before it curves off in the distance is clear, however you can see something moving around in the intersection of 1 and B, partially hidden behind some a neat pile of rubble. 
((Third Person?))
Get back out onto the street and start heading down One towards the centre of the city.
You get out of the building and head down the street, rejoining with the group at the intersection of 1 and A.
(If your directions are unspecific, I try to keep the team together, so if you want to move beyond where the team is rather then just catch up, you'll have to say so specifically. I error on the side of caution.)
Watch the streets and warn Bishop if anything looks hes way.
You see the movement down the street at B and 1, but whatever it is, it doesn't seem to be attacking Bishop, so you keep quiet, for now at least.
"Ill go with whoever went in the building."

Follow whoever went inside one of the buildings.
You go to join Havel in the building when he comes out and joins you instead. Oh. well. Ok.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7804 on: September 25, 2012, 11:50:26 am »

"What should we do take out the robot, go straight ahead or go right?"

keep an eye out for the robot.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7805 on: September 25, 2012, 12:16:51 pm »

Bishop hummed in thought for a bit before speaking.

"There's something ahead at the next intersection, and what seems like demolition on the left of this street and near that intersection. There's also quite a few flying bots above the city that drop down from time to time and I can't see where those cannon rounds are coming from.

We've got quite a distance to the target, so don't shoot anything. We can't afford to be under attack right now as we're too far from the target to make a run for it if we get swarmed. Take a right on this intersection and then head for the whirlwind on the next street, I'll hop from roof to roof and try to warn you for incoming bots and cannon rounds. Make sure to stay in cover, stay out of sight and don't disturb the flakes too much if you can. The bots might take notice of that."

Head across the rooftops following the team only using my rockets if needed, sticking to cover and scanning for threats. Ask Steve if he can still track Timmy and if he can, where he is currently located and moving towards.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 12:51:57 pm by Zako »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7806 on: September 25, 2012, 12:28:09 pm »

Follow the team , Watch our backs.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7807 on: September 25, 2012, 12:30:47 pm »

"Right. Oh and dont get killed."

Follow Miyamoto.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 12:48:58 pm by Tavik Toth »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7808 on: September 25, 2012, 12:32:52 pm »

Head to where Bishop pointed (to the right, I think), stop at the next intersection and look around and into the streets.

'Excellent. Bishop, you be our 'eye in the sky', while feeding us tactical information. Be sure to look out for yourself too, though. You make quite the target like that, and those rocket pods make you a bit vulnerable.'

Motion to teammates to move up with me to the following intersection.

''Come on people, I'd like to take a look inside that building. Who knows what wonders it hides...'

'Or which terrors wait for us.' he silently thought.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7809 on: September 25, 2012, 12:35:31 pm »

((A team with a point man and moving as a group?  Surely this can't be a mission with actual tactics, can it?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7810 on: September 25, 2012, 12:37:31 pm »

((A team with a point man and moving as a group?  Surely this can't be a mission with actual tactics, can it?))
((To be fair, some missions start with actual tactics, but as it is said, no tactics resist the battlefield.

In our case, that means the tendency is that the few nutjobs in each group always manage to screw our plans.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7811 on: September 25, 2012, 12:42:09 pm »

((To be fair, some missions start with actual tactics, but as it is said, no tactics resist the battlefield.

In our case, that means the tendency is that the few nutjobs in each group always manage to screw our plans.))

((This mission's nutjob blew himself out early.  Time will tell if that has any later ramifications.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7812 on: September 25, 2012, 12:44:52 pm »

((This mission's nutjob blew himself out early.  Time will tell if that has any later ramifications.))
((Yeah. Without the biggest nutjob of the group and if flaming Timmy doesn't appear again, the team just had its survival chances raised. That without counting the fact Timmy destroyed the "Guard" before he was possessed.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7813 on: September 25, 2012, 12:46:46 pm »

((Well, there's still Karen. You know, raging woman with a kinetic amp and a bomb, not very skilled with either. That might come up later.))
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 12:48:52 pm by Harry Baldman »

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #7814 on: September 25, 2012, 12:47:33 pm »

((Hopefully, otherwise this popcorns for naught))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?
Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 1256