Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 512 513 [514] 515 516 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943930 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 7:Happy Landings
« Reply #7695 on: September 22, 2012, 01:13:15 pm »

"Wouldn't frying all the electrical stuff in there kind of defeat the purpose of stealing all the electrical stuff in there? We're there to steal stuff, you know. Right, Wolfey?"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7696 on: September 22, 2012, 03:00:48 pm »

"Wouldn't frying all the electrical stuff in there kind of defeat the purpose of stealing all the electrical stuff in there? We're there to steal stuff, you know. Right, Wolfey?"

'Not necessarily, because the emp would fry the electrical wiring, but this could easily be replaced later on. It's not like all electrical devices would be permanently damaged. At least as far as I know.'

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7697 on: September 22, 2012, 03:21:11 pm »

"It would depend on the device to. Some machine's your correct you'd have to replace the chips and or wiring but thats all. But some if you hit them with an EMP they would overload entirely and be completely useless. But dont forget this is advanced technology no guarantee it actually runs on electricity at all. It could be running on super heated plasma for all we know at the moment"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7698 on: September 22, 2012, 03:28:13 pm »

"Cannon probably near nuclear. Suggest not to engage if possible.

Wonder if there are vehicles.

You wonder if there are vehicles.

"That's far too small for what we are going up against. I say we go in teams of 5 and each team covers the other as we advance."

Get a list of everyone's skills and loadout so I can help organise teams.
Thats something you're kinda gonna have to work out on your own by talking to them, since you don't have magic stat vision in universe.

'I'm not sure if splitting up is the best idea, I think we should wait until we're inside and have assessed the situation. For all we know, by the time we get there all but one path to the central building is destroyed.' Miyamoto retorted to the others.

Then, while facing the doctor:
'Say, doctor, do you know if the robots are shielded against emp? 'Cause if not, we could just try to set of a powerful emp-pulse at the edge of the city, by using materials from the downed ship/city.'

Ask above.

"I feel like they would be shielded, but you can give it a try. As per using things from the ship, I'm afraid that won't work. It's been scavenged long ago."

"Thats true. Fried tech isn't worth much."

The tram grinds to a halt and the doors open. The platform beyond is nothing like the one you left, no crude catwalk, but a mass of wire and consoles, hundreds of screens looking over unknown machines and structures.

"This is one of the maintenance control rooms." Wolfe says, stepping out into the cramped room, carefully walking over cables. "A remnant from when the inhabitants still manually oversaw things. It's all automated now but this room and the trams still work. Lucky for us."

He walks to a console and types away for a few seconds until  he brings up a map.

"We're here," He says, pointing to a very small room lost amongst a seemingly infinite tangle of tunnels, "And we need to get  here." He points to another very very very large room.

"It's part of what we think was a testing facility, so the way there is...slightly hostile. Specifically, it's got a guard. Normally we bypass him through this side tunnel here," He indicates a branching path, "But thats an emergency slag vent for one of these foundries and it's near the overflow cycle."

He turns back to the group. "So we're gonna need to deal with this somehow."

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7699 on: September 22, 2012, 03:31:50 pm »

Have look arounf the nearest corner.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 03:36:17 pm by Tavik Toth »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7700 on: September 22, 2012, 03:32:34 pm »

Ask the strange man.
"What can you tell us about the guard? Armor , Weapons how fast is it?"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7701 on: September 22, 2012, 05:03:37 pm »

'Could I have a look at the map? Is there only one way to the objective, or are there multiple possible routes?'

Look at map

'Could you tell me where the guard usually resides? Or, perhaps, where it is most/last sighted. Also, do you have any idea what the sentinel's 'modus operandi' is?
As in, does it attack when provoked, when you pass a certain threshold?
Sorry for all the questions, but I'd like to keep our hides intact throughout this ordeal.'

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7702 on: September 22, 2012, 05:59:25 pm »

Have look arounf the nearest corner.
You wander out of the room and around the nearest corner. It leads to a rather long metal hall along the top of which run electrical cables.

Ask the strange man.
"What can you tell us about the guard? Armor , Weapons how fast is it?"

"I can only tell you what I've heard about it, I've never seen it myself. It's supposed to be not much more then a laser on tank treads; probably not something that will give you all much trouble."

'Could I have a look at the map? Is there only one way to the objective, or are there multiple possible routes?'

Look at map

'Could you tell me where the guard usually resides? Or, perhaps, where it is most/last sighted. Also, do you have any idea what the sentinel's 'modus operandi' is?
As in, does it attack when provoked, when you pass a certain threshold?
Sorry for all the questions, but I'd like to keep our hides intact throughout this ordeal.'

The map is a three dimensional maze of tunnels and passageways, maintenance shafts and spillways. It's hard to tell, but it looks like there's only one way into the area you need to get to.

"It hangs out here," he points to point on the map near the target area, "In front of the main doors. There are other paths to get to those main doors but the only way to get beyond them is either through them or through the side tunnel here and out a vent shaft."

He shrugs.

"We're kind of stuck unless you feel like risking it in that side tunnel. As per the guard, it's not much more then a turret on wheels. A problem for us, but then again we're not armed."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7703 on: September 22, 2012, 06:01:57 pm »

Turn to bishop
"What do you think? If it is as weak as the man thinks id say 2-3 of us armed can probably surround it and take it down without much trouble but ill follow your lead."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7704 on: September 22, 2012, 06:02:49 pm »

"Well, maybe we could go throug hthe guard, but approach it from multiple sides once we get to it. That should make it easier on us."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7705 on: September 22, 2012, 06:04:42 pm »

(( I did just say surround it dude :P but id suggest only 2-3 of us go less chance for a bad roll to kill somebody. ))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7706 on: September 22, 2012, 06:19:11 pm »

'Knowing this, I agree engaging it would probably be the easiest route for us to take, but I also think we should be careful not to underestimate our foe. I mean, by the time we've surrounded the 'bot, it could have cut down several of us already.'

Examine the ways leading to the main doors. Is there a way to flank the guard? Or is the only way in through a straight hallway?

'Maybe we could distract it by throwing something, after which we attack. Or we could try to fry it from behind cover using an amp.'

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7707 on: September 22, 2012, 06:25:17 pm »

"If you guys find a way to flank it im willing to take the head on approach find some cover and take a couple of shots at it to distract it"

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7708 on: September 22, 2012, 06:27:15 pm »

Before discussing any sort of flanking, Roger looks at the map to see if it is possible.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #7709 on: September 22, 2012, 06:36:41 pm »

take a swig of scotch, and wonder how I got myself into this mess
Pages: 1 ... 512 513 [514] 515 516 ... 1256