Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 511 512 [513] 514 515 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943546 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 7:Happy Landings
« Reply #7680 on: September 21, 2012, 11:45:03 pm »

"About the weapons they use, do they have, like, lasers, Gauss stuff or what? 'Cause if they have, I don't know, some kind of quantum mumbo-jumbo guns, I'd like to know in advance."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7681 on: September 22, 2012, 12:50:36 am »

Bring up a list of all the weapons in the system and familiarize myself with there appearance and how the weapon functions.
It looks like there are no lists or specs on any weapons in your system. Perhaps because your system is just a low level computer for handling suit functions.

"Attracting them could actually be useful if we dont want to take the long way around a group of them somebody could move off and then draw them in and double back around them while the group move on."
'Sure, we could do that, but there are a few problems with your plan, namely: they know the terrain, while we don't. Secondly, they are probably better armed and faster than us, and outnumber us vastly. Lastly, who in his right mind would volunteer for such a task? Would you?'

Ask following to Wolfe:

'You said the 'snow' gravitates towards us, right? Does it do that to the robots as well? Or only to organics?'
"The snow? No. I just said that the electrical discharges of the snow seem to have an unfortunate habit of using explorers to ground themselves."

Denzen wonders if lasers or mono-atomic razors have electrical arcs.
They do not.

"It's not a good idea to get the attention of all those robots and bring them to us you know. We're not that many and they have a lot more firepower than we have."

Bishop turns back to the doctor.

"How can you tell the difference between the types of robots? Are there specific markings of some kind? Also, is there anything that really stands out in the globe?"

"You can't, at least not easily. I guess the repair bots are easy enough to recognize because they're repairing or building. Other then that though, they come in any number of shapes and sizes so...I guess you'll just have to guess by their actions. Oh, um, the hunters. You might be able to recognize them because they tend to be much more focused then war bots. No indiscriminate firebombing.

And things that stand out? Well the main building is taller then any of the others, at least most of the time. It's been a while since I've been there so things will be different; but sometimes the repair bots get a bit...creative."

"About the weapons they use, do they have, like, lasers, Gauss stuff or what? 'Cause if they have, I don't know, some kind of quantum mumbo-jumbo guns, I'd like to know in advance."

"I can only tell you for certain about 3 weapons I've seen them use personally. First was some sort of explosive cannon shell. I didn't see the source of it but it hit a building and the building ceased to be a moment later. Second were what my guide at the time called "Bee shot", little drones that would seek out a target and attach themselves before detonating. And the last I'm not sure what it was but," He pulls aside his shirt a bit and shows a molten line, like someone took a white hot icecream scoop and drug it through his flesh, taking a good clump of it with them, on his shoulder, "It was probably a laser of some kind."

The tram grinds for a second and begins to decelerate.

"Almost there." Wolfe says, glancing at the console.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 12:52:45 am by piecewise »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7682 on: September 22, 2012, 01:16:23 am »

"Ok, good to know. Can you avoid this "bee shot" somehow? Do the robots fly? How well do they sense the world? Do any of the buildings have defensive guns on them? Is there a camp of divers of some kind already?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7683 on: September 22, 2012, 02:31:25 am »

"Ok, good to know. Can you avoid this "bee shot" somehow? Do the robots fly? How well do they sense the world? Do any of the buildings have defensive guns on them? Is there a camp of divers of some kind already?"
"I don't know? All I know is that they have the ability to make warm bodies assume room temperature. I don't know about defensive guns, if there are any, and no, no one actually lives in there. Much too dangerous. It's rare for them even to go in, let alone camp out."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7684 on: September 22, 2012, 02:48:51 am »

Once the tram stops, step out onto a safe spot and limber up.
"It's a good day for high adventure, don't you agree, Mr. Wolfe?"
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 03:08:12 am by Harry Baldman »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7685 on: September 22, 2012, 05:01:54 am »

"Cannon probably near nuclear. Suggest not to engage if possible.

Wonder if there are vehicles.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7686 on: September 22, 2012, 05:40:33 am »

"Well, unless you can tell us about anything that sticks out or that we should avoid, I don't think there is anything else to ask."

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7687 on: September 22, 2012, 06:34:35 am »

Yeah. We should agree not to attack anything unless we are about to be shot at by it though.  Also, we should maybe spread out into small groups, that nuclear cannon sounds like it could kill everyone easily.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7688 on: September 22, 2012, 06:57:37 am »

"Suggest we split into teams of two."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7689 on: September 22, 2012, 07:00:07 am »

"That's far too small for what we are going up against. I say we go in teams of 5 and each team covers the other as we advance."

Get a list of everyone's skills and loadout so I can help organise teams.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7690 on: September 22, 2012, 07:03:36 am »

"Bishop you should lead one of the teams."
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 07:21:39 am by Tavik Toth »

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7691 on: September 22, 2012, 07:27:37 am »

5 sounds good; I have a laser rifle and an Emergency Kit.  Trained as a medic but a little rusty."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7692 on: September 22, 2012, 07:48:19 am »

"Ooh, teams! Pick me, Mr. Snuggles! Pick me! I've got a knife, a sword and a whole lotta magic! I didn't have any cash for a gun, but I can definitely shoot pretty good. So, if anyone suffers extreme mutilation at the hands and high-grade weapons of some robots, I call dibs on their gun. Just sayin', you know."
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 09:49:48 am by Harry Baldman »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7693 on: September 22, 2012, 07:49:53 am »

"I have a laser rifle a Mk1 suit and a longcoat."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7694 on: September 22, 2012, 01:08:31 pm »

'I'm not sure if splitting up is the best idea, I think we should wait until we're inside and have assessed the situation. For all we know, by the time we get there all but one path to the central building is destroyed.' Miyamoto retorted to the others.

Then, while facing the doctor:
'Say, doctor, do you know if the robots are shielded against emp? 'Cause if not, we could just try to set of a powerful emp-pulse at the edge of the city, by using materials from the downed ship/city.'

Ask above.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 511 512 [513] 514 515 ... 1256