Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 510 511 [512] 513 514 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944182 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 7:Happy Landings
« Reply #7665 on: September 21, 2012, 05:38:12 pm »

I mean, they have to go get recharged, repaired or rebuilt somewhere, right?'[/color]
((I think they should be using mp2001 by now.))
((mp1950 and up are overrated, I prefer the classic formats))

Ooh, maybe they're like...self replicating! Or maybe they're using nanobots! or *gasp* invisible aliens are doing it!

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7666 on: September 21, 2012, 06:06:27 pm »

Hmm... We should try to not be seen as a threat then.  If we avoid collateral damage and shoot only the War Bots, the Hunters might think leave us alone, I presume they see the War Bots as threats.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7667 on: September 21, 2012, 06:14:35 pm »

"If they see us killing war bots then they know we have enough weapons to kill them , Unless they've been programmed not to fire unless fired upon they'll target us the moment we show we have hostile intentions.
Id suggest we avoid the main areas as much as possible try to take side routes and avoid being spotted. If we come across an isolated bot we can either try to slip past or we can take it down hard before it can report our position. Id prefer take it down if things go wrong we can use the extra weapons and ammo.
"
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 06:18:45 pm by mesor »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7668 on: September 21, 2012, 06:29:05 pm »

"I am armed also, there has to be somethings down there we can keep."

examine own suit.
You're wearing a MK I suit, a fairly form fitting, dull gray thing that provides great temperature resistance and resistance to most mundane, everyday dangers, but lacks any real protective qualities outside of the metal bucket style helmet. It's got a wristpad on the left arm and control both on the inside of the helmet and on pressure sensitive spots on the outside.

I've got something that's dangerous, but i'm not entirely sure to whom. If this stuff does hit the robots though, it should melt trough them in about 10 to 15 seconds.

try and think up an actual use for the spoons I brought. also play a relaxing tune trough my suit's mp3 function; maybe this .
[int:3]
Uhhh..you can play a rousing country ballad on them to soothe the robots murder-lust?

You didn't install any music on this suit, but it might have some built in.
[aux:4-1]
uh...wait well this is the screen saver...oh great now your display is nothing but a slideshow of kittens.

'How do you know these things about the Snowglobe? I take it there have been explorers down there before? If so, do you have any sort of a map we could use, then? Also, do you have any idea where the 'robot base camp' would be?
I mean, they have to go get recharged, repaired or rebuilt somewhere, right?'

Ask above, then think to myself if there is anything else important I should ask Wolfe before embarking on the mission.

I've got something that's dangerous, but i'm not entirely sure to whom. If this stuff does hit the robots though, it should melt trough them in about 10 to 15 seconds.

try and think up an actual use for the spoons I brought. also play a relaxing tune trough my suit's mp3 function; maybe this .

((I think they should be using mp2001 by now.))
"No maps. Wouldn't do you any good anyways, everything changes too quickly to be reliable. It runs on  "spider web"  grid most of the time, with concentric circles and spokes out from the center. You can probably make your way straight down the street, though I wouldn't really advise it. Bit too exposed. And yes, there have been people who explored it before, myself included. But we never get far beyond the edge. What I'm telling you is everything we know.

But as far as a "base", thats where you're going. Or at least thats what I assume it is. It's the largest building in the center of the whole dome. We've never been able to track a destroyed bot, where the remains go or how it gets fixed and upgraded, but we assume it's that building, since it's the only one they never touch."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7669 on: September 21, 2012, 06:32:24 pm »

Check my suit's system and see if it has an up to date list of all known weapons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #7670 on: September 21, 2012, 06:36:58 pm »

Uhhh..you can play a rousing country ballad on them to soothe the robots murder-lust?

uh...wait well this is the screen saver...oh great now your display is nothing but a slideshow of kittens.

hmm, maybe the robots can be attracted or by certain sounds...

attempt to get the slideshow of kittens to turn off, then put on a random tune from the suits memory

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7671 on: September 21, 2012, 06:42:04 pm »

attempt to get the slideshow of kittens to turn off, then put on a random tune from the suits memory

'Wait, let me help you with that.'

Help him with his suit, but try to make sure the playlist is nothing but egregious J-POP.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7672 on: September 21, 2012, 07:28:32 pm »

"Sure, we should be stealthy, but if the war bots attack us, not firing back just so some other robots might not be scared is silly.  Also, I don't think robots need much time to report our position." 
"Why would we want to attract them anyway? They are hostile."

"How do the hunters react to armed people who are not shooting?"

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7673 on: September 21, 2012, 07:30:01 pm »

"Attracting them could actually be useful if we dont want to take the long way around a group of them somebody could move off and then draw them in and double back around them while the group move on."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7674 on: September 21, 2012, 07:33:31 pm »

Check my suit's system and see if it has an up to date list of all known weapons.
[aux:6]
You're fairly certain your suit doesn't have a complete listing of every single weapon in the entire universe.

[aux:6-1]
You shut off the screen saver and put on this
music

'Wait, let me help you with that.'

Help him with his suit, but try to make sure the playlist is nothing but egregious J-POP.
You reach out to help but he flails  at you till you stop.

"Sure, we should be stealthy, but if the war bots attack us, not firing back just so some other robots might not be scared is silly.  Also, I don't think robots need much time to report our position." 
"Why would we want to attract them anyway? They are hostile."

"How do the hunters react to armed people who are not shooting?"

Wolfe shrugs. "Probably leave you alone. Unless they think your weapon presents enough of a threat that they attack you preemptively. Like I said, hunters are dangerous because you can't predict them."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7675 on: September 21, 2012, 07:36:35 pm »

Bring up a list of all the weapons in the system and familiarize myself with there appearance and how the weapon functions.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7676 on: September 21, 2012, 07:52:07 pm »

"Attracting them could actually be useful if we dont want to take the long way around a group of them somebody could move off and then draw them in and double back around them while the group move on."
'Sure, we could do that, but there are a few problems with your plan, namely: they know the terrain, while we don't. Secondly, they are probably better armed and faster than us, and outnumber us vastly. Lastly, who in his right mind would volunteer for such a task? Would you?'

Ask following to Wolfe:

'You said the 'snow' gravitates towards us, right? Does it do that to the robots as well? Or only to organics?'

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7677 on: September 21, 2012, 08:00:41 pm »

"Yup i would but ive got an idea for it but im hoping it dosnt come to that even if my plan works my odds of escaping again without having to fight my way clear or drawing them back to your are small"

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7678 on: September 21, 2012, 10:03:37 pm »

Denzen wonders if lasers or mono-atomic razors have electrical arcs.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7679 on: September 21, 2012, 10:24:15 pm »

"It's not a good idea to get the attention of all those robots and bring them to us you know. We're not that many and they have a lot more firepower than we have."

Bishop turns back to the doctor.

"How can you tell the difference between the types of robots? Are there specific markings of some kind? Also, is there anything that really stands out in the globe?"
Pages: 1 ... 510 511 [512] 513 514 ... 1256