Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 508 509 [510] 511 512 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944757 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 7:Happy Landings
« Reply #7635 on: September 20, 2012, 09:20:02 pm »

Strap my rifle across my back and check the spare battery is secure then shrug and turn to the group.
"Hope nobody has issues with the cold."
Follow the strange man
"Mind telling us your name so we dont have call you that strange man?"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7636 on: September 20, 2012, 09:26:55 pm »

"That's why you have a suit for, idiot."

Bishop hopped down, appreciating his new exoskeleton greatly. He could already feel the difference between normal clothing and wearing this great piece of machinery.

"So tell me, what exactly makes "Snowglobe" so dangerous?"

Follow the guide. Keep watch for any tech-divers that want to try something funny to get our gear.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7637 on: September 20, 2012, 09:40:04 pm »

Follow.

"Yeah, what makes this place so dangerous?"
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7638 on: September 20, 2012, 11:09:08 pm »

Whistle a merry tune to keep the spirits up in the group. Make sure I have taken some bottles of alcohol with me.
"Hey, why is it called a Snowglobe? I mean, I get that it might be like a globe and stuff, but what about the snow? Is there, like, some kind of perpetual storm in there? That would be pretty cool, I think."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7639 on: September 20, 2012, 11:11:17 pm »

(( Storm is bad very very bad for so many reasons. ))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7640 on: September 20, 2012, 11:28:17 pm »

((Urgh.. Unlucky two day AFK makes Havel a dull boy…. Am I even off of the ship??!?!)
Follow. Figure out what the hell is going on.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7641 on: September 20, 2012, 11:49:27 pm »

Continue following.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7642 on: September 21, 2012, 01:52:39 am »

Strap my rifle across my back and check the spare battery is secure then shrug and turn to the group.
"Hope nobody has issues with the cold."
Follow the strange man
"Mind telling us your name so we dont have call you that strange man?"
(It's only cold if you have your helmet off or something. Your suits are insulated remember. But it's cold for him.)
"Wolfe, Dr. Wolfe." The man says, glancing back over his shoulder, "Though you can call me whatever you want."

"That's why you have a suit for, idiot."

Bishop hopped down, appreciating his new exoskeleton greatly. He could already feel the difference between normal clothing and wearing this great piece of machinery.

"So tell me, what exactly makes "Snowglobe" so dangerous?"

Follow the guide. Keep watch for any tech-divers that want to try something funny to get our gear.
It doesn't look like there's anyone out here, least no one beyond you and your crew. You take a look back at the building you left and stop, staggering a few paces back in surprise. It's not a building, it's a ship. A massive wafer of metal embedded in the silvered plane of the empty world, its engines like the stumps of severed fingers still clawing for the sky. Its cannons and hull are covered in black, open patches, holes where metal and pieces have been scavenged and torn away. You can just make out a few men clamoring over the outer armor, sitting or walking on armor plates 5 foot thick.

You turn back and jog to catch back up and ask your question.

"Oh, Automated defenses mostly." Wolfe says, "Robots. The snow too, but less so."

Whistle a merry tune to keep the spirits up in the group. Make sure I have taken some bottles of alcohol with me.
"Hey, why is it called a Snowglobe? I mean, I get that it might be like a globe and stuff, but what about the snow? Is there, like, some kind of perpetual storm in there? That would be pretty cool, I think."

"It's a domed area. It's called the snow globe because of the constant snow. Well, its not snow...more like ash? But not ash either. Anomalous particulate. Electrically active." He looks back at you, "Don't...don't use anything with open electrical arcs. Bad, bad things."

((Urgh.. Unlucky two day AFK makes Havel a dull boy…. Am I even off of the ship??!?!)
Follow. Figure out what the hell is going on.
(As per usual with non-active party members, You've been following along passively. You're in the group with everyone else)

Wolfe stops after the team has wandered maybe a mile and a half out over the plain and kneels down. He pries open a panel on one of the plates and jabs at keyboard under it. After a few seconds he closes the panel and points ahead to the plate just in front of him. After a moment of anticipation the plate raises up slightly and retracts, revealing a metal stairway down into the darkness. He heads heads down immediately, slapping a light switch as he does and illuminating the path down.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7643 on: September 21, 2012, 02:07:08 am »

"Robots huh? Can you describe them as best as possible? What do they look like? How do they move? What weapons do they use?"

Try to remember if gauss rifles have open electrical arcs. Follow him down.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7644 on: September 21, 2012, 02:54:20 am »

"Robots huh? Can you describe them as best as possible? What do they look like? How do they move? What weapons do they use?"

Try to remember if gauss rifles have open electrical arcs. Follow him down.
You're pretty sure they don't.

The party follows Wolfe down the stairs and out onto a catwalk lit by strips of what look like glowing paper hanging on either side. The catwalk itself hangs from the underside of the plates, very thin and cramped, 5 foot tall and just as wide as your hips, dangling above a pit of darkness below and out in all directions. You can hear what sounds like distant water rushing and flowing. Wolfe continues on till he stops at what looks like a platform of sorts, a large section of catwalk that lacks handrails on one side. He walks to a control panel that is hanging down from the ceiling and hits a few buttons.

"We may have to wait a minute or two for the tram to get here. Just be glad we found these. Used to have to cross the ocean on foot." He taps his foot. "If you've got questions, now or on the ride is a good time. I just didn't want to say anything around the tech-divers. Poor bastards are desperate for cash."
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 03:05:13 am by piecewise »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7645 on: September 21, 2012, 03:50:02 am »

"Same questions I had before, plus what happens if you use an open electrical arc in the "snow" that you've talked about."

Get answers and have a peek to see how far down it is to the ocean.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7646 on: September 21, 2012, 05:14:42 am »

What kind of automated defenses and robots?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7647 on: September 21, 2012, 05:24:27 am »

'Yeah, I've got a few questions for you.
First, what remarkable things have you discovered on this planet already?
Second, is this whole planet covered in these metal plates? Do they cover the entire planet? And do you have any idea what is their function?
Thirdly, is it standard practice to use your arrival ship as an impromptu basecamp?
And lastly, those tech-divers, are they employed/paid by the UMW? Or are they more like adventurers or treasure-seekers?'

Ask above.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 06:05:07 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7648 on: September 21, 2012, 07:12:13 am »

"So, what exactly do you want us to steal, Mr. Techaeologist? I mean, you want all the technological doohickeys we can find, but anything more specific than that? You know, so we don't come back with a shipment of high-tech trashcans or something when there were loads of other cool things to loot. Are you looking for strictly useful stuff like wicked ordnance, cool armor and awesome computer thingies, or will any old piece of trash interest you?"
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 07:15:45 am by Harry Baldman »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7649 on: September 21, 2012, 07:28:52 am »

((@People: Posting here to warn you that the GM may take longer to post due to fatigue and the fact he went to sleep very late. Don't hold your collective breath waiting to be maimed.))
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 07:32:25 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 508 509 [510] 511 512 ... 1256