Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944060 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Forever out of date
« Reply #6780 on: August 22, 2012, 11:54:08 am »

"Ok, let's get going after get some lanterns. Chin is going to need help, too."

Get some lanterns and ropelight and start the trip towards the Graveyard. Drag Chin if needed.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 02:17:55 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6781 on: August 22, 2012, 12:03:13 pm »

Gorat grumbles as he picks himself up again, the situation not bad enough for cursing yet. He considers massaging his legs a bit after the long elevator ride, but missing an arm and half a foot, he thinks better of putting himself into questionable balance.

Get some ropelight and hobble after Milno.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6782 on: August 22, 2012, 12:15:12 pm »

Get some lanterns and ropelight. See if there's anything I could use to make a couple of crutches.
(( Did Gorat lose his in that accident in the Tower? I cannot remember. ))
Maybe we could assemble a makeshift crutch or two from these spare parts, how do you think?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 12:31:27 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6783 on: August 22, 2012, 12:34:38 pm »

((Good question, but it doesn't seem like it. I think the last time it was mentioned was when I was jabbing that pesky rock with it.))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6784 on: August 22, 2012, 01:15:31 pm »

Good. Graveyard's ahead, and that's someplace where our science should not make us dwindle too long, as it has in other places. We should get through it quickly, sample what we must, film some of the obelisks the guide mentioned, and get out of there. This is where the first brother disappeared, and I really do not want to find out what happened to him by having the same thing happen again, to one of us. If we lose someone here, we may never get them back.
"Agreed, sadly. The brother was supposedly lost through camping, so I doubt we'll be ambushed merely for stopping a moment, but we just don't have the manpower to try to figure out what's out there."

Use the torch to take a sample of the wall. Then use the torch to take a sample of the ground beneath the sand. Then take a sample of the sand. Make sure I start/am labeling this stuff.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6785 on: August 22, 2012, 02:14:18 pm »

Take a couple of lanterns, some ropelight, and more glowsticks.

Hey Doc, you seem to be limping a little less, your legs starting to feel not quite as cut up?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6786 on: August 22, 2012, 02:29:24 pm »

Yeah. I guess all this rest wasn't a waste of time, after all. Still, I don't think I can run yet. Well, a progress nonetheless! Maurice smiles behind his faceplate as he speaks in a cheerful tone.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6787 on: August 22, 2012, 03:24:49 pm »

That's a start on the healing, I guess. Seems a little fast, but I'm no doctor, and whatever was used to seal you up might accelerate the healing.

Stare into the darkness above us.

'And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.' Seems appropriate, now I think of it. Nietzsche. Except we're in the abyss, as it were.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6788 on: August 22, 2012, 04:25:36 pm »

Indeed.

...'I am a forest, and a night of dark trees: but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks full of roses under my cypresses.' So let us hope he wasn't misguided.
Past Sigs

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6789 on: August 22, 2012, 04:40:44 pm »

Very good.

Although I don't think we'll be finding any roses here, nor any other such pleasantry. Likely, only more anomalous mystery.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6790 on: August 22, 2012, 04:53:45 pm »

((Is this intellectual flirting? If so, that's hilarious. If not, I should get out more.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6791 on: August 22, 2012, 04:58:39 pm »

Grab some light material.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6792 on: August 22, 2012, 05:00:45 pm »

((Is this intellectual flirting? If so, that's hilarious. If not, I should get out more.))
((It is now! Shipping them will also fix my issue of not being able to tell them apart. >_>))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6793 on: August 22, 2012, 05:09:30 pm »

((It is now! Shipping them will also fix my issue of not being able to tell them apart. >_>))
((We like shipping far too much in this forum. Also, Maurice/Simus forever))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6794 on: August 22, 2012, 05:31:11 pm »

"Ok, let's get going after get some lanterns. Chin is going to need help, too."

Get some lanterns and ropelight and start the trip towards the Graveyard. Drag Chin if needed.
You grab a few lanterns and a generous length of ropelight, wrapping it around yourself and hanging the lanterns off it. You shift the setup around a bit on your shoulders until it feels right and then start off down the path.

Gorat grumbles as he picks himself up again, the situation not bad enough for cursing yet. He considers massaging his legs a bit after the long elevator ride, but missing an arm and half a foot, he thinks better of putting himself into questionable balance.

Get some ropelight and hobble after Milno.
You wrap some ropelight around yourself and follow after Milno.

Get some lanterns and ropelight. See if there's anything I could use to make a couple of crutches.
(( Did Gorat lose his in that accident in the Tower? I cannot remember. ))
Maybe we could assemble a makeshift crutch or two from these spare parts, how do you think?
(Chin's crutch was assumed to be lost back when he got carried off with his arm missing. Till then he was using it but it just wasn't mentioned.)
You gather up some lanterns and ropelight before looking around for something to make crutches out of. The only things that seem sturdy enough to hold your weight are the elevator parts, and there are none that are long enough and light enough.

Good. Graveyard's ahead, and that's someplace where our science should not make us dwindle too long, as it has in other places. We should get through it quickly, sample what we must, film some of the obelisks the guide mentioned, and get out of there. This is where the first brother disappeared, and I really do not want to find out what happened to him by having the same thing happen again, to one of us. If we lose someone here, we may never get them back.
"Agreed, sadly. The brother was supposedly lost through camping, so I doubt we'll be ambushed merely for stopping a moment, but we just don't have the manpower to try to figure out what's out there."

Use the torch to take a sample of the wall. Then use the torch to take a sample of the ground beneath the sand. Then take a sample of the sand. Make sure I start/am labeling this stuff.
[aux:2+1]
[aux:6+1[
You whip out your cutting torch and try to take a sample of the sandstone wall of the Fall. You cut rather awkwardly and the entire sample falls to pieces as you try to scoop it out. You still get a few bits in the container, so you figure it's good enough. The second one, a standard sample of the ground, is cut perfectly. A perfectly round 4 foot wide section. oh. You scoop up some sand and try to look like you meant to do that.

Take a couple of lanterns, some ropelight, and more glowsticks.

Hey Doc, you seem to be limping a little less, your legs starting to feel not quite as cut up?
You grab some ropelight and lanterns, following Milno's approach of wrapping the rope around yourself and attaching the lanterns to it. Sadly, there are no glow sticks. Odd.

Grab some light material.

You grab a few lanterns and ropelight. You, of course, tie the rope around yourself in an intricate shibari (look it up) fashion.

Milno and Maurice walk a dozen steps from the group before looking back to see if anyone is going to follow them.

Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 1256