Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 437 438 [439] 440 441 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945704 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Rock:3, HMRC:0
« Reply #6570 on: August 17, 2012, 07:14:27 pm »

[Private channel to Not-Thomas]: "I doubt that'll work, like how a picture of a key won't open a door. I'm also not sure if it'd have an effect; certainly the original ink reacted to that sort of thing, but did the... uh... symbiote?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6571 on: August 17, 2012, 07:18:51 pm »

"What I do know is that we'll be exhausted soon if this keeps up."

Calmly eat and drink something from the supplies.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6572 on: August 17, 2012, 07:28:59 pm »

[same channel] So, no harm in trying, right?
Using the suit's recordings (just the way I figured it before), play the sound through the external speakers.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6573 on: August 17, 2012, 07:30:47 pm »

[same channel]: "Wouldn't think so, but good luck just in case."
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6574 on: August 17, 2012, 11:06:39 pm »

((I plan for Travis to take a rest at the elevator, after some initial exploration. I assume it's not far off based on the description from Conrad))

Travis continues to walk. While walking he rummages through his pack. Was he provided a flashlight of some sort?
He was not. Also you're not gonna get very far since our time increments are slowed down right now.

Hold lantern a few inches in front of his face, moving with him. If he doesn't seem to notice, poke him with it.

You walk along with Thomas, swinging the lantern beside him, only inches from the black flame cloaking his body. When this fails to garner a reaction from him you, feeling rather annoyed at being ignored, literally jab him with the lantern.
[dex:6+1]
You release the lamp almost by pure instinct as the flames spread from Thomas' body and engulf the lamp. You can only watch as it disintegrates and seems to merge with his body.

(( Thanks. ))
Turn the lamps on. Lower the visor and unshealth the Instrument.
[private channel to all but Thomas] Is the use of that fork sound still disadvised?

You turn on your lamps, snap your faceplate down and unsheathe your knife.

It has it anyways, so it doesn't matter, Doctor Sanctor.

Observe the events unfolding in the central area (or wherever Chin and T. Lighteater are) from the access ramp/doorway/any windows of level two, if possible.
You watch the events unfolding while peeking over the edge of the ramp. Yep, this is happening.

"What I do know is that we'll be exhausted soon if this keeps up."

Calmly eat and drink something from the supplies.
You pop a squat on the edge of the ramp and calmly go about having a light dinner while watching the events unfold down on the first floor. Heh, dinner theater.

[same channel] So, no harm in trying, right?
Using the suit's recordings (just the way I figured it before), play the sound through the external speakers.
[aux:1+1]
You uh...you're not exactly sure how to do...that.

Thomas continues forward and is probably no more then a few feet from Chin.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 11:10:35 pm by piecewise »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6575 on: August 17, 2012, 11:21:52 pm »

"Okay, lesson learned: DO NOT touch him. Or at least, don't let lanterns touch him; I'm assuming that's applicable elsewhere.

So... so what do we DO? Follow him? He doesn't respond to light, he doesn't respond to sound, touching him's unwise..."

Keep following Thomas, try to intuit something out.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6576 on: August 17, 2012, 11:34:13 pm »

Charro turned from his place by the door as the strange, shadow-wrapped figure of not-Thomas passed him.
He watched as the others made various efforts to stop/communicate with/disarm their once-teammate, then walked down towards them himself, popping his hat from his head and detaching the blade. He kept what he hoped was a safe distance from the stricken Thomas, watching him/it carefully as he spoke on the 'everyone but Thomas' channel.

"Er, maybe I could make him drop the 'fork' by removing his arm with my blade-hat, here? What do you think? To be honest, I've been looking fowards to getting a chance to try it out, you know."
He looked down at the hat-blade with a frown. "Or... Maybe we could do something else. I don't know!"

>Ready hat-blade for throwing, following not-Thomas and attempting to think of the best possible course of action, here.

>Oh, and meanwhile, attempt to speak to whatever human part of Thomas is left! Remind him that sabotaging the team and leaving us all stranded out in the darkness to die would be a rather poor show. We're all friends, right?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 11:36:47 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6577 on: August 17, 2012, 11:34:56 pm »

Figure out what happened to Thomas via smarts.

Then eat dinner and rest.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6578 on: August 17, 2012, 11:35:54 pm »

((Uh. Thomas doesn't have his helmet on, and therefore his radio. Why do you guys keep going to Non-Thomas communication?))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6579 on: August 17, 2012, 11:50:26 pm »

"Try to figure something out, team. I've seen intuition and some bursts of ideas saving asses already."

Pull Chin away from the Lighteater in a speed matching his own if he allows such to be done or the eater gets too close with no answer from Chin.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6580 on: August 18, 2012, 03:23:49 am »

Dammit, why'd the disks appear in front of me?

"Just one more try."

Resist being pulled away long enough to try that again. This time with the disks on Lighteater. already. Then, no matter the result, allow getting pulled away and hobble along if possible.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6581 on: August 18, 2012, 07:16:52 am »

Throw a small pebble into 'Thomas' (not leaving the Instrument out of my hand, just picking that stone with a couple of fingers). If he turns and starts heading in my way, switch off the lamps.

(( Are we allowed to retry failed aux rolls of the 'how-to' aspect of the skill? ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6582 on: August 18, 2012, 10:43:36 am »

"Okay, lesson learned: DO NOT touch him. Or at least, don't let lanterns touch him; I'm assuming that's applicable elsewhere.

So... so what do we DO? Follow him? He doesn't respond to light, he doesn't respond to sound, touching him's unwise..."

Keep following Thomas, try to intuit something out.
[intuition:3]
uhhh well distraction isn't working...maybe you're not using the right thing to distract him? Or maybe you need more of it? Or maybe you should just lamp him in the head.

Charro turned from his place by the door as the strange, shadow-wrapped figure of not-Thomas passed him.
He watched as the others made various efforts to stop/communicate with/disarm their once-teammate, then walked down towards them himself, popping his hat from his head and detaching the blade. He kept what he hoped was a safe distance from the stricken Thomas, watching him/it carefully as he spoke on the 'everyone but Thomas' channel.

"Er, maybe I could make him drop the 'fork' by removing his arm with my blade-hat, here? What do you think? To be honest, I've been looking fowards to getting a chance to try it out, you know."
He looked down at the hat-blade with a frown. "Or... Maybe we could do something else. I don't know!"

>Ready hat-blade for throwing, following not-Thomas and attempting to think of the best possible course of action, here.

>Oh, and meanwhile, attempt to speak to whatever human part of Thomas is left! Remind him that sabotaging the team and leaving us all stranded out in the darkness to die would be a rather poor show. We're all friends, right?

You follow behind Thomas, hat at the ready. [int:2] You can't think of anything to do!

[speech:1]
"You suck a whole bag of dicks, Thomas! A whole bag! Like, a potato sack worth!"

Yeah, that didn't work.

Figure out what happened to Thomas via smarts.

Then eat dinner and rest.

Well, may got over him pretty fast eh?

You sit down and eat some rations from your bag. Bleh, they taste pretty bad but they're filling.

[int:1]
Hmmm. Maybe Thomas caught...being on fire...from you. Dang, you really should get that strange rash checked...

"Try to figure something out, team. I've seen intuition and some bursts of ideas saving asses already."

Pull Chin away from the Lighteater in a speed matching his own if he allows such to be done or the eater gets too close with no answer from Chin.

"Oh, wait, thats right. Teammates gonna die."

You run down the ramp and grab Chin, hoisting him onto your shoulder and then running in the opposite direction.

Dammit, why'd the disks appear in front of me?

"Just one more try."

Resist being pulled away long enough to try that again. This time with the disks on Lighteater. already. Then, no matter the result, allow getting pulled away and hobble along if possible.
[Exo:2]
You try again to summon up a hot platter of forced amputation, but just can't manage to stay focused long enough. Damn you sugar and cable tv!

Milno carries you away as you curse your short attention span for about 4 seconds. Then you get bored and start thinking about cats.

Throw a small pebble into 'Thomas' (not leaving the Instrument out of my hand, just picking that stone with a couple of fingers). If he turns and starts heading in my way, switch off the lamps.

(( Are we allowed to retry failed aux rolls of the 'how-to' aspect of the skill? ))
(Yeah, you can keep trying to do that as much as you want.)
You look around for the smallest bit of stone you can find and then huck it at Thomas' face. The stone vanishes into the flame but doesn't seem to have any effect.

Thomas continues to walk until he reaches the boundary of the inner wall. He stops and then strikes the lower section of the tuning staff against the stone of the wall. The resulting tone is different from before: higher and more penetrating, you can feel it vibrate in your lungs.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #6583 on: August 18, 2012, 10:49:38 am »

((Everyones going to dieee........
Refrence!))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6584 on: August 18, 2012, 11:06:55 am »

Gorat shakes his head to get rid of the cats that got his brain. These guys really must be infectious. he thinks about his teammates, then gets his attention back to Lightthomaseater. Seems he isn't trying to eat me, at least. But that sound...

"E...evac! Away from the tower!" he shouts into the channels, but does not heed his own advice, instead signaling to Milno to leave him be.

Hobble after Lighteater if necessary. Third try for amputation.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 437 438 [439] 440 441 ... 1256