Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3946195 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Rock:3, HMRC:0
« Reply #6450 on: August 16, 2012, 11:12:31 am »

"Actually, this episode kind of gives me the suspicion that we might not find the Citadel intact. If Conrad's brother found the Citadel's counterpart to this... tuning fork, and he easily could have if the Citadel was as intact as that brother apparently thought... Even if he was as quick with turning the machinery back off again, he seems to have been the inquisitive type, and probably would have continued to experiment."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6451 on: August 16, 2012, 12:14:47 pm »

Look at new room.
This room looks pretty much like all the rooms, save for that big puddle of black whatever it is that Thomas is FALLING INTO!

Walk over to Faith, take a sample of the liquid.
You pull out a sample container and bend down to get some of the fluid.
[dex:2]
The instant your container touches the top of the fluid, the black goo moves. It shoots up and over the container, over your arm and up your body, flowing like hot syrup.You try to pull away but the fluid contracts and yanks you into it, pulling you into the pool and constricting around you. You hear the seals on your helmet disengage and before you can call for help, the fluid pours into your suit.
[will:6+1]
The fluid flows around you, seems to flow inside you, twisting through your flesh and grinding through your mind. Images, and uncertain flux of sensations. Vaguely, you realize the fluid around you is draining, vanishing into you. And then it's gone and you're laying in the bottom of a empty alcove with your helmet off.

Hobble around the tower, looking for changes visible from the outside.
You walk around the tower, slipping in the sand, and look for anything that might have changed. You don't see anything in particular.

Search for anything that may have changed in and around the tower, keeping the rifle at the ready.

Good, those things do turn off, and in the same way as they turn on. Maybe at some point we could do an actual experiment with it, but for now, let's leave it be.
You make a quick tour of the tower, peaking in rooms and outside, but find nothing thats different, save for the barbells being in slightly different configurations because they stopped at different times.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #6452 on: August 16, 2012, 12:22:36 pm »

((I so wish i was still in this mission. It looks so fun, and i won't even get in the next mission, have i mentioned being disimbolwed suks? because it does.))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6453 on: August 16, 2012, 12:22:56 pm »

((Uh Oh.))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6454 on: August 16, 2012, 12:49:43 pm »

Hobble-rush to Thomas and check his life signs and the extent of injuries and changes he might have sustained.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6455 on: August 16, 2012, 12:54:45 pm »

((Whoops.))
Leave Alcove.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6456 on: August 16, 2012, 12:56:40 pm »

Check Thomas.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6457 on: August 16, 2012, 12:58:35 pm »

"Still nothing moving outside. How about you?" Milno asks through the comms.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6458 on: August 16, 2012, 01:01:13 pm »

"No changes out here."

Return to the tower.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6459 on: August 16, 2012, 01:04:04 pm »

"No changes out here."

Return to the tower.
"Yeah, no changes for you. I just got eaten by crude oil."

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6460 on: August 16, 2012, 01:07:09 pm »

"What the forge? WHAT HAPPENED?"
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6461 on: August 16, 2012, 01:12:07 pm »

"What the forge? WHAT HAPPENED?"
"I was trying to sample the black liquid, then it ran up my arm and ate me. It barfed me out too."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6462 on: August 16, 2012, 01:16:26 pm »

"I was trying to sample the black liquid, then it ran up my arm and ate me. It barfed me out too."
"What do you mean by it eating you then barfing you? Did the liquid expel you? Is it still in the alcove?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6463 on: August 16, 2012, 01:16:43 pm »

"....Ah. I guess I understand... nothing." Gorat admits flatly. "Do you... feel any aftereffects?"
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6464 on: August 16, 2012, 01:21:39 pm »

"What do you mean by it eating you then barfing you? Did the liquid expel you? Is it still in the alcove?"
"Well... It engulfed me. Then it went in my helmet and mind-raped me. And now, it's inside me. Oh god, am I another Faith?"
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 1256