Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3946282 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Rock:3, HMRC:0
« Reply #6435 on: August 15, 2012, 11:32:30 pm »

Alright, everybody, we may want to get off the ground floor, at the very least.

Head to the first accessible floor above the ground floor and pull out the Gauss rifle, ready to fire.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6436 on: August 15, 2012, 11:39:49 pm »

((Damn, I am having trouble keeping track of where stuff is in this tower. :-\))

Charro listened to the noise outside. Then glanced down at his hat-blade. He frowned.
'Somehow, I doubt the blade-hat is going to be of much use here. ..Sorry, blade-hat.' Apologising silently to his blade-hat as he switched it back into hat mode, Charro hurried up the ramps to the highest, safest point he could reach.

Through the comms: "Why certainly, Faith. If--or when-- the giant beastie bursts in and devours my legs, you'll be the first to know." He peered down over the edge of the ramp, exposing as little of himself as possible whilst keeping an eye on the entrance.
"I shall describe it in minute detail."

>Hide in the highest part of the tower I can reach! Whilst wearing my hat.

>Watch the entrance, whilst keeping myself as hidden as possible.

>Devise a speech to befriend said beastie, just incase it turns out to be intelligent and happens to speak our language.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6437 on: August 15, 2012, 11:44:09 pm »

"Hey, Milno. I'm giving you the tuning fork thing. You probrably have more ideas of what to do with it than me."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6438 on: August 16, 2012, 02:17:23 am »

"The Wyrm," Faith said immediately. "Don't panic, but get to cover. It probably doesn't want to eat or harm us, but at that size it doesn't have to to rip us in half.

Also this fluid in here is... uh... acting up. Somebody tell me if they see the Wyrm, I'm going to keep catching this until then."

Keep filming and examining fluid. What could it be doing?

You continue to film.
[int:4]
You're not really sure what that stuff is or what it's doing, but you're pretty damn sure that the dumbbells are whats causing it to do...whatever its doing.

Thomas gives May a thankful smile as he pulls himself onto the ramp, then stands. He glances around at his teammates who are inside. Who all is with them?

"There we go, now can we run?"

Not waiting for an answer, he gives Milno the tuning fork before running upstairs with May.
Thomas gives May a thankful smile as he pulls himself onto the ramp, then stands. He glances around at his teammates who are inside. Who all is with them?

Not waiting for an answer, he gives Milno the tuning fork before running upstairs with May.

May pulls you up as you scramble against the remains of the ramp till you manage to get on safe footing. You grab the pole and start running down your ramp and toward Milno's while looking around. You can't see anyone around because they're all in various rooms.

You run up the ramp and into Milno's room, handing him the pole while you skid to a stop.

((@GM: Milno didn't have the camera on him.))

Milno sighs.
"Great, that is probably the wyrm. If it really happens to be it, staying in the tower would probably be our best option, since the open fields of sand hardly look inviting when there is an enormous titan outside; if that sound is actually a mass of shades, we'd probably be better escaping this place."

"Whatever it is, we should try to discover a way of turning that mechanism off as soon as possible. Has anyone tried hitting it against the same surface again? I'll stay here and watch what may be coming."

Keep watching, try to think of a way of deactivating the system if it isn't deactived.

"Do whatever you want. If it happens to be the wyrm, I don't know if staying outside is safer than inside, so I'll keep watching."

"What I do know is that if this tower happens to have a base of the same metal it is built of, the wyrm probably won't come from under us to attack. On the sand, though, it is an entirely different matter."

[int:5+1]
You take the pole from Thomas and look at it for a second.

"So this all started when you struck the pole against the ground?"
"Yeah."
"And we want it to stop, right?"
"Pretty much."
"Hmm."

You heft the pole around easily, the weight is nothing to your exoskeleton, and promptly whack Thomas in the faceplate with the tuning fork end. Thomas tumbles over backwards and the pole releases another otherworldly tone. Moments later the barbells go silent.

"Easy Peasy"

Alright, everybody, we may want to get off the ground floor, at the very least.

Head to the first accessible floor above the ground floor and pull out the Gauss rifle, ready to fire.
You head to the first, ground floor room and pull out your rifle, ready to open fire on the doorway.

((Damn, I am having trouble keeping track of where stuff is in this tower. :-\))

Charro listened to the noise outside. Then glanced down at his hat-blade. He frowned.
'Somehow, I doubt the blade-hat is going to be of much use here. ..Sorry, blade-hat.' Apologising silently to his blade-hat as he switched it back into hat mode, Charro hurried up the ramps to the highest, safest point he could reach.

Through the comms: "Why certainly, Faith. If--or when-- the giant beastie bursts in and devours my legs, you'll be the first to know." He peered down over the edge of the ramp, exposing as little of himself as possible whilst keeping an eye on the entrance.
"I shall describe it in minute detail."

>Hide in the highest part of the tower I can reach! Whilst wearing my hat.

>Watch the entrance, whilst keeping myself as hidden as possible.

>Devise a speech to befriend said beastie, just incase it turns out to be intelligent and happens to speak our language.

You run up to the highest room you can reach and hide in one corner of the room, watching the entrance to the tower with your hat in hand.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6439 on: August 16, 2012, 02:29:33 am »

Stand and listen. Try to hear if anything is still coming.
"The ground's right there. It's not like I was the only thing you could hit."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6440 on: August 16, 2012, 04:05:40 am »

Watch liquid. If it quiets down, stomp feet near it. Observe reaction.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6441 on: August 16, 2012, 04:32:07 am »

Eh, thank you, Milno.
Are you okay, Thomas?
As for the wyrm approaching, I believe we might be safer outside. I'm not sure what metal you are talking about, but this sandstone looks pretty much the same as in the layer just under the sand, and the Wyrm seemed to penetrate right through it, to my knowledge. At least this place is known to it (him?) to be the source of the sound, but outside it should be fair game of hide-and-seek with a blind seeker.
... Actually, I have a feeling it might've been the Wyrm which caused all of this damage to the Tower. We should be wary of that possibility.

Think about what could have ruined the Tower. Hobble around the second floor seeking Faith and the liquid; try not to disturb her from the most important mission of filming everything.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6442 on: August 16, 2012, 04:44:37 am »

"Maurice is right. If we do anything with the Wyrm approaching, it should be to leave the tower. We certainly should not climb up higher. Unless you enjoy falling to your death along with tons of rubble."

Hobble to the tower's exit to keep a lookout.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6443 on: August 16, 2012, 06:25:34 am »

At least this place is known to it (him?) to be the source of the sound, but outside it should be fair game of hide-and-seek with a blind seeker.
"The sound was propagating even outside; this tower was acting like a beacon, so the wyrm wouldn't be a blind seeker anymore. And the wyrm could avoid eating its own 'light'. If it attacked the tower, the mechanisms making it 'see' would be lost, and if it has any kind of primitive, feral intelligence, then it can probably understand that. On the other side, anything outside the tower is probably fair game."

"But I can't know for sure, it's not like I have already lived in an alien anomaly."
Milno said, shrugging where he stood.

"Also, albino lover, thanks for your assistance. Now we may need something to wrap around the fork tip so this won't keep turning the system on and off."

Keep watching.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6444 on: August 16, 2012, 07:22:51 am »

"Those would be considerations if we thought it was hunting us, and the cacophony was still running. If it were hunting us, it would have come for us when we heard it this... morning and we discussed its passing. A creature of the size that the Wyrm must have, if it is after prey, will be looking for larger prey. Louder prey. We would only qualify as appetizers. What we need to be careful of is being... trampled by the Wyrm."

Consider whether the cacophony would reveal us via echoes to the Wyrm, or whether it would mask the sounds we make.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6445 on: August 16, 2012, 10:06:31 am »

Stand and listen. Try to hear if anything is still coming.
"The ground's right there. It's not like I was the only thing you could hit."
You stand and listen, holding your breath and keeping your eyes closed as the final echos quiet down. You can't hear anything, no shifting sand or scraping stone or chittering or anything out of the ordinary.

Watch liquid. If it quiets down, stomp feet near it. Observe reaction.
The liquid spikes massively when that strange tone repeates, but after that it rapidly settles as the barbells quiet down. You stamp your feet near it and make some noise but it doesn't even twitch. Hmm.

Eh, thank you, Milno.
Are you okay, Thomas?
As for the wyrm approaching, I believe we might be safer outside. I'm not sure what metal you are talking about, but this sandstone looks pretty much the same as in the layer just under the sand, and the Wyrm seemed to penetrate right through it, to my knowledge. At least this place is known to it (him?) to be the source of the sound, but outside it should be fair game of hide-and-seek with a blind seeker.
... Actually, I have a feeling it might've been the Wyrm which caused all of this damage to the Tower. We should be wary of that possibility.

Think about what could have ruined the Tower. Hobble around the second floor seeking Faith and the liquid; try not to disturb her from the most important mission of filming everything.
You walk slowly up the ramp toward faith while thinking about what could have caused the destruction of this tower. [Int:1] Probably ponies. Yep. Ponies.

"Maurice is right. If we do anything with the Wyrm approaching, it should be to leave the tower. We certainly should not climb up higher. Unless you enjoy falling to your death along with tons of rubble."

Hobble to the tower's exit to keep a lookout.
You gimp your way to the exit and keep an eye out, leaning against the wall to get the pressure off your foot.

At least this place is known to it (him?) to be the source of the sound, but outside it should be fair game of hide-and-seek with a blind seeker.
"The sound was propagating even outside; this tower was acting like a beacon, so the wyrm wouldn't be a blind seeker anymore. And the wyrm could avoid eating its own 'light'. If it attacked the tower, the mechanisms making it 'see' would be lost, and if it has any kind of primitive, feral intelligence, then it can probably understand that. On the other side, anything outside the tower is probably fair game."

"But I can't know for sure, it's not like I have already lived in an alien anomaly."
Milno said, shrugging where he stood.

"Also, albino lover, thanks for your assistance. Now we may need something to wrap around the fork tip so this won't keep turning the system on and off."

Keep watching.
You keep your vigil but see nothing.

"Those would be considerations if we thought it was hunting us, and the cacophony was still running. If it were hunting us, it would have come for us when we heard it this... morning and we discussed its passing. A creature of the size that the Wyrm must have, if it is after prey, will be looking for larger prey. Louder prey. We would only qualify as appetizers. What we need to be careful of is being... trampled by the Wyrm."

Consider whether the cacophony would reveal us via echoes to the Wyrm, or whether it would mask the sounds we make.
[int:2] You have no goddamn idea.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6446 on: August 16, 2012, 10:24:38 am »

Look at new room.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6447 on: August 16, 2012, 10:47:05 am »

Walk over to Faith, take a sample of the liquid.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6448 on: August 16, 2012, 10:49:46 am »

Hobble around the tower, looking for changes visible from the outside.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6449 on: August 16, 2012, 10:59:00 am »

Search for anything that may have changed in and around the tower, keeping the rifle at the ready.

Good, those things do turn off, and in the same way as they turn on. Maybe at some point we could do an actual experiment with it, but for now, let's leave it be.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 1256