Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941566 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: I Have no legs and I must Hike.
« Reply #6240 on: August 09, 2012, 11:36:54 am »

Alright, at some point, we should probably get some kind of sound detection system thing that's a bit more sensitive than human ears. I definitely heard that these things distort the sound and delay it a bit in different places, it could be important.

Examine dumbbell-shaped objects.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6241 on: August 09, 2012, 11:56:58 am »

Follow Milno, bring May with. Examine next room closely.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 07:31:02 pm by Spinal_Taper »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6242 on: August 09, 2012, 03:33:44 pm »

Make certain I get very good footage of that tablet before Milno breaks it. And better footage of the other items, now that they're out of their holes.

"That thing's not going to survive the trip; you'd be better off leaving it here, if you can even put it down without shattering it."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6243 on: August 09, 2012, 03:36:16 pm »

Go with Thomas.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6244 on: August 09, 2012, 03:38:45 pm »

"That thing's not going to survive the trip; you'd be better off leaving it here, if you can even put it down without shattering it."
"Yeah, it is actually very fragile. You should record it before it breaks, though, it doesn't seem to handle the stress of being manipulated by humans very well."

"And from what I see, it may break even if I return it. Taking chances and trying to take it in a container after you film it is better."
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 03:42:36 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6245 on: August 09, 2012, 04:28:21 pm »

(( @piecewise Just asking, no retcon request or anything: Do I have any kind penalty to Aux (probably due to injuries)? Because I'm fairly sure I'm a fleshtech with at least 1 skillpoint in auxiliary systems. ))
Sit down somewhere on a slope or stairs (if there are any) or something like that, elevated above the ground level, if possible, and examine my legs' injuries.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6246 on: August 09, 2012, 10:12:56 pm »

Let Faith film the objects, proceed to carefully try to put them inside containers. Then keep exploring.
You let faith get a good look at the objects before you put them away. The sphere and chisel go away without issue, but the tablet crumbles to pieces as you put it into the container. Oh well, they'll put it back together later.

"How far have you explored the Tower already? Which ramps, I guess?" Gorat asks his companions before deciding which ramp to take. Assuming he gets the answer that they have taken the fifth ramp to the first floor, he looks for a ramp to take him to the second and goes up there.
Looks like all of them except for the 5th one will lead up at least that far.

Alright, at some point, we should probably get some kind of sound detection system thing that's a bit more sensitive than human ears. I definitely heard that these things distort the sound and delay it a bit in different places, it could be important.

Examine dumbbell-shaped objects.
They look like they're made of the same metal like substance as the razor trees, but it's much harder. It has no obvious method of activation or movement or even hint about its purpose if it indeed does anything. For all the world it looks like an upturned dumbbell and nothing more.

Follow Milno, bring May with. Examine next room closely.
You grab May's hand and get ready to move.

Make certain I get very good footage of that tablet before Milno breaks it. And better footage of the other items, now that they're out of their holes.

You get some nice coverage of the items, especially the marks on the tablet, before milno destroys it; which he of course does moments later. Typical.

Go with Thomas.
You go with Thomas.

(( @piecewise Just asking, no retcon request or anything: Do I have any kind penalty to Aux (probably due to injuries)? Because I'm fairly sure I'm a fleshtech with at least 1 skillpoint in auxiliary systems. ))
Sit down somewhere on a slope or stairs (if there are any) or something like that, elevated above the ground level, if possible, and examine my legs' injuries.
(Ah...dang it I used simus's stats. Well...a plus one would be a 6 which would actually probably have you doing something like fucking up your systems.)

You find a nice hunk of rubble and sit down to take a good look at the injuries on your legs. You can't tell much because they've been treated, but it looks like you were stabbed a few times. You're not bleeding anymore though, so thats something.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6247 on: August 09, 2012, 10:21:01 pm »

Travis heads into the tower.

"Hey Faith, I think I might have another use for your cutting torch. Mind cutting open one of these dumbbell objects?"
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6248 on: August 09, 2012, 10:45:29 pm »

"Well, whatever. Hey, try to avoid toppling anything heavy, by the way or you might get crushed."

Keep exploring.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6249 on: August 09, 2012, 10:48:00 pm »

"Hey Faith, I think I might have another use for your cutting torch. Mind cutting open one of these dumbbell objects?"
Faith winced.

"I guess if we can't take one whole we probably should... we'll save it for later, though."

Explore second ramp, filming all the while.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6250 on: August 09, 2012, 11:36:05 pm »

Forward! Take girlfriend! Investigate next room closely!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 11:40:44 pm by Spinal_Taper »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6251 on: August 10, 2012, 01:00:17 am »

These things may be similar metal to the trees, but they're a lot harder.

Attempt to cut off a bit as a sample, with my wristblade.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6252 on: August 10, 2012, 07:52:26 am »

You wander into the tower and hang around on the lowest level, waiting for Faith to be useful.

"Well, whatever. Hey, try to avoid toppling anything heavy, by the way or you might get crushed."

Keep exploring.
There's nothing much more to see in this room so you head out to the ramp and look around. Well, this ramp ends here, so you head back down to the ground level and look around. The first 2 ramps reach only half way up, the third gets to the fourth level, as does the fourth, but they all lead to different rooms along their routes, rooms that the other ramps don't reach.

Faith winced.

"I guess if we can't take one whole we probably should... we'll save it for later, though."

Explore second ramp, filming all the while.
You head back down to ground level and then up the second ramp. The second ramp connects to 2 rooms and almost to a third, stopping just a foot or two away from the entrance. The first room is pretty much identical to the one you were just in, but contains nothing of interest. The second room looks rather different:It has the same alcoves on the walls but lacks them on the floor. There are several objects around here; a chisel and some of the tablets in one alcove, and a strange looking metal thing in another.

Forward! Take girlfriend! Investigate next room closely!
You follow milno down to the ground level with May in tow.

These things may be similar metal to the trees, but they're a lot harder.

Attempt to cut off a bit as a sample, with my wristblade.
[uncon:1]
You attempt to cut a sample out of the metal, wailing away for several minutes, cutting small gashes in the metal until you hit it from a particularly bad angle and with a twisting motion that snaps the filament on one side of the knife.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6253 on: August 10, 2012, 08:01:25 am »

Ascend the same ramp Faith did. Examine things.
>Yes?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6254 on: August 10, 2012, 09:28:15 am »

Ascend to the highest point of the building!

... that's reachable by ramp.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 1256