Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945869 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Into the Abyss
« Reply #5910 on: July 28, 2012, 12:09:37 am »

((Hey, nobody asked the guide if anything in the anomaly can get out, right?))
((Afraid not. He'd probably have mentioned if any had, but since shades can't stand light and anything else avoids coming into it that doesn't tell us much about the feasibility.

Of course, they would probably find our world even more hellish than we find theirs, what with the sun and heat and all.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5911 on: July 28, 2012, 12:10:37 am »

((I think Tiruin meant the anomaly as in the pocket dimension. And no, we didn't.

If you meant the pits, we did. He said he never tried it))
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 12:12:25 am by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5912 on: July 28, 2012, 01:08:03 am »

((Am I the only one who thinks Milno is an Ace?))
((He's the practical, no-nonsense character he made himself to be. Of course he is.))
((He's really not especially good at anything, though. Except I guess sniping out MC'd teammates.))

Faith called out a goodbye to Conrad as he left, then turned to the rest of the team.

"I hate to say it, but yes, we should explore the Citadel first, then see about deeper exploration.

Speaking of which, let's get going."

Remove some tree branch samples from different trees. Make sure Travis captures the process on film.

Then get moving down the path, bleeding injuries or not.

[dex:4+1]
You snap some branches off the trees and stow them while travis films. That done, you head down the path toward the pitted lands.

"Next stop, the pitted lands. Mind the gaps." Gorat pauses and shakes his head, then looks at Charro. "Is that guy contagious?" he mutters to himself.
Get going.
You join faith and get going.
Follow.
You follow faith.
Mason grabs the notes and takes them too his bit in the shuttle, he then steals food for a samwich, makes one and eats while he heads back to stasis.

(Conrads gonna be very confused.)
A sandwich? Really? You're literally dying and have maybe half your stomach left. Well fine.
[End:3]
You grab the notes, stuff them in your bag and immediately collapse and twitch violently for several seconds until your muscles relax kust as suddenly and you gasp for air.You manage to pick yourself up and hobble to the kitchen and the refrigerator-the one that actually has food, not portals to other dimensions. You slap together a lunchmeat sandwich, take a bite and immediately vomit up a slurry of blood, bile and medi-foam.
[end:4]
You slouch over the table and barely stop yourself from passing out, fighting the darkness back from your vision.

"Since no one complained nor ran away like a madman into the darkness, it is settled then, let's get going."

Head towards the next area, following the path.
You continue along the path. You're not following Faith though.  True, you're walking behind her and you're going to the same place, but you're not following her. Following her would be stupid. In fact, you're actually leading her. From behind.

Not following her!

"Off we go, again. Everyone, be careful, and all that."
Charro strides along after Faith & Co, looking alert with his hands by his sides ready to grab his hat in case of danger.
>Follow! Observe what I can see of the landscape carefully.
You follow Faith whilst carefully observing the landscape. You do this by planting your faceplate in the sand and shoving yourself along like a plow tilling the earth or a scared ostrich that still has places to go.
Follow along taking soil and air samples once we got to the pitted lands.
You follow faith. What a trendsetter.

Follow the group to the pitted lands. Look out for the Wyrm.
Which reminds me: are we going to try lowering down  into the pits something - probably a sample container - tied to a rope, or will we skip this piece of experimentation?
You follow faith. Etc.
((If Charro wants to get in Faith's pants, he should ask May))

"Hey guys, cool it.

Now, I want to get to the citadel as fast as possible. Why? Because Conrad's brother is there. We were never told how long, but every minute that goes by he will be more than likely be dead or an enemy. It's the least we can do for Conrad.

Also, we can only return data if we are alive. I honestly don't feel comfortable baiting some thing's habitat. We don't know if any of our weapons can do damage. It could wipe out our entire team before we reach the citadel.

I suggest we move on, and on the return leave a small team to research the pits. If something comes out, we could even test firearms on it. It would be invaluable research data. However, if we do it before, we would be in no condition to go to the citadel if it goes wrong.

Conrad's brother felt there was something important there. He's been here for years, we've only been here for a day. I think we can trust in his experience to say the Citadel is our primary objective. If you disagree with me, fine, but I'm going to go with Milno"

Travis follows Milno.

((IC'ly, Travis only looted Mason because he was afraid he would lash out, like a cornered animal. He actually thinks he's better than Mason, and can put the manipulator to better use (not using it)))
Milno looks a little lonely back there, not following faith and all, so you decide to follow him while he doesn't follow faith.

After roughly 3 hours of walking through the seemingly unchanging Dead Forest, you come to an area that looks a lot like the plains, save for the countless pits dotting the sandy expanses. The pits vary wildly in size, anywhere from maybe a foot in diameter to dozens of meters across. The path retains the same wide expanse it had in the Dead Forest, with fences of rope light around the edges of some of the larger pits.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 01:15:01 am by piecewise »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5913 on: July 28, 2012, 01:35:22 am »

Take an air sample and label it; take a back-up sample for Simus's soil collecting.
Follow Milno.

((@PyroDesu Not taking the double amount this time because you've already posted your action for taking samples, even though it haven't been processed yet. ))
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 01:49:45 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5914 on: July 28, 2012, 01:36:30 am »

Collect some soil, move ahead and towards the next area, turn on the EMM if required.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5915 on: July 28, 2012, 01:50:22 am »

Follow, listen for wildlife.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #5916 on: July 28, 2012, 03:36:24 am »

Gorat sighs. "We'll keep to light-path activity until we reach the Citadel. That is, film and take what we can get, take some mall chances that present themselves, but no expeditions, throwing things, or whatever more than an arms reach outside the light path, whether up, down, or sideways. The Wyrm and the things in the pits make these too dangerous now. The Citadel may not be our main objective, but this is in all likelihood our only shot at reaching it. So we take our samples, and move towards the Tower. And inform me when those two stop bickering."

Filter away Faith and Milno from my coms until someone says that they stopped bickering.
Take a soil sample from the rim of the smallest pit, label it accordingly.
Request Travis he films down that pit with me lighting it out with the lamp if that improves the lighting situation.
If there doesn't seem to be anything else worth being sampled, move on towards the tower, calling "Follow" to the others.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5917 on: July 28, 2012, 04:04:24 am »

Charro had mostly forgotten the unpleasant disagreements of before as he shoved himself along on the ground like some kind of gardening implement. He looked a bit like a large, space-suit wearing plow, only maybe stupider.
'Hey, pocket dimensions aren't so bad, after all. This is kind of fun! If only I had something to plant, I could grow things to bake a cake out of. That would make up for, er, teasing Conrad about his arm. That was mean of me."

He eventually got to his feet and dusted himself off, clearing his throat, straightening his hat and peering at the nearest one of those pits.
"So... What're we doing? Taking a look at these, first, or what?"

>Pause to do a few sand-angels, then get up and follow. Take a peek down one of those pits without getting too close, activating lamps/light amps as necessary.

((I suppose it is kinda hard to be serious when your primary weapon is a hat... So I guess I'll roll with it. :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5918 on: July 28, 2012, 05:48:43 am »

((I love Faith and her trendsetting abilities.

Come to think of it, has Pyro distributed Feyri's weaponry and shield around? The weight is taking a toll on his character.

Also, Mason.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5919 on: July 28, 2012, 06:41:11 am »

((I love Faith and her trendsetting abilities.

Come to think of it, has Pyro distributed Feyri's weaponry and shield around? The weight is taking a toll on his character.

Also, Mason.))

((I gave away the laser rifle, the battery for it, and your pill. PW hasn't mentioned me being weighed down anymore, so I think I'm in the green.))

Take air and soil samples.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5920 on: July 28, 2012, 06:59:32 am »

((To...whom?))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5921 on: July 28, 2012, 07:08:08 am »

((To...whom?))

((Thomas (Spinal_Taper) has them, along with the Tesla Sabre.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5922 on: July 28, 2012, 07:58:05 am »

To Stasis.
(No one will ever know....)
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5923 on: July 28, 2012, 08:08:48 am »

To Stasis.
(No one will ever know....)
((Except me, but I'm a floating head.

Doop dee doop.

Wait, what will you do?! Can someone personally put themselves in the stasis pod?))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5924 on: July 28, 2012, 08:19:13 am »

Wait, what will you do?! Can someone personally put themselves in the stasis pod?))
((From what the GM has explained so far, yes, they can. It is full of private business after all.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 1256