Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3946191 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Into the Abyss
« Reply #5820 on: July 26, 2012, 03:39:03 am »

=snip=
((Hah, I was wondering when someone would pop up the ol'natural waste idea. Wondering that since the first mission-ship thread when Cael mentioned the ship's bathrooms.
Spoiler: Erm. (click to show/hide)
))

Edit: Gah, first post of the normal forum format page!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 04:20:13 am by Tiruin »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5821 on: July 26, 2012, 03:57:57 am »

((Thanks Tiruin. Thanks. Now you've got me thinking about it. Then vomiting, then thinking about it again, ad infenitum.))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #5822 on: July 26, 2012, 04:01:20 am »

Gorat picks up the glowsticks that Conrad tossed and and couldn't catch thanks to his crutch. Jerk.

Wait for the rest of the team to get to camp, then go to sleep whether or not someone has volunteered for second watch.

Not Gorat's fault if the shadows get them while everyone sleeps. Or the Wyrm passes through behind the camera.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5823 on: July 26, 2012, 04:19:34 am »

((Thanks Tiruin. Thanks. Now you've got me thinking about it. Then vomiting, then thinking about it again, ad infenitum.))
((*Ad infinitum.  :P

Also, reason why it was spoilered.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5824 on: July 26, 2012, 07:54:07 am »

((Why do you think I don't ask that kind of question anymore? Because I just know the answers are not nice. The matter of how the stasis pods work, for example.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5825 on: July 26, 2012, 08:14:29 am »

That makes me wonder more...how is it done to females?!  :-\

((I'd assume it's just a catheter. Same principle, just a slightly different approach.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5826 on: July 26, 2012, 10:19:05 am »

((Is the timer finished yet?))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #5827 on: July 26, 2012, 10:36:02 am »

((Is the timer finished yet?))
((Yes. Your, err, gutsy plan succeeded. Welcome to the world of the dying.))

The away team makes it about half way to camp and roughly an hour passes as the team in camp either sleeps, talks, fucks about or stares into space like weirdos. Meanwhile, back on the shuttle, Mason has fallen out of his stasis pod, his "Clever" ruse a success.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5828 on: July 26, 2012, 11:09:17 am »

Mason checks if he has the ability to stand, If he does he checks the house out, if he can't he'll find a crutch like thing to use.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5829 on: July 26, 2012, 11:23:42 am »

Get to the campsite.
You continue to walk.

"...."

How had he managed to forget about that?! Oh god, now he couldn't forget about it again. How terribly uncomfortable the whole set-up seemed, now that he was aware of it! Eugh. He pondered his most recent meal, the 3-dessert medley, and shuddered.
'Where is the poop stored, anyway? Is there some horrible tank attached to me somewhere, ready to burst open if I overeat? What about drinking binges? What happens to people with IBS? Could the waste be used somehow to power heavy weaponry? Do I smell bad because of this? Oh god, is there really a tube up my...'
Poor Charro's tormented thoughts went on in that manner as he paced back and forth outside the shack in agitation, trying to put that recently-remembered knowledge out of his mind.

Eventually, for something to distract himself with, he finds a good spot near the shack, not too far from the others, and does some stomach-crunches before going to sleep. Or tries to, at least.
All this pondering what becomes of his incredibly unhealthy diet of 'dessert medley' is starting to worry him...

>Excercise! Sleep near the others! Try not to dream of waste-tubes and poop-tanks!

>Also set a silent alarm on my suit if possible, to wake myself after a few hours sleep.
[end:2-1]
You do a single situp and promptly strain your back. Because you're fat. So fat.

[aux:4+1]
You set a suit alarm to wake you up after a few hours and lay down to sleep.

"I hope they're all gonna be alright. Hell, hope we're going to be alright."
Upon that thought, Thomas glances around him and begins to keep an eye out for anything following the group.
You continue on down the path, keeping an eye out for anything odd following you. You see nothing.

Travis wanders over to the entrance of the shack, digs into the sand for a comfortable position, and waits for the corpse team to arrive. To occupy himself, he goes through his suit settings, curious as to what else he can modify on his suit

((If Mason permanently dies, I'm keeping the manipulator. :P))
You dig into the sand and start poking through your suit menus.
[aux:5]
Looks like you can control your suit lights, the monitor on your faceplate, the internal temperature, clocks, and...tetris? Huh.

(( I am honestly flattered by your responses to my humble messages mainly dedicated to coercing a stubborn man into the stasis pod and giving Feyri (or Jim) a loaded Chekhov's gun, pointed at my head  :P Thank you! ))
Head to the camp. Keep the faceplate down for now.
((@piecewise While we are at it, do we have to take off our helmets to eat? Or is there more of clever tube systems and specially designed food to save us the nuisance of breathing the outside air?
Also, do our suits include the equipment to process the carbon dioxide back into oxygen, allowing rebreathing of the same air, or how much air do we have? ))
(Your suits basically burn waste products to get rid of them, are a pretty much perfect rebreather and can power themselves for several straight years, even on full power. You really don't have to worry about anything but food and water. As per eating, depends on what you have. A lot of your "rations" are liquid food that can be eaten via a tube, just like medication. However some of them are solid and you'd have to take your helmet off for that. But here, at least, you could take your helmet off and eat a quick meal without worry, at least oxygen wise.)

You keep going toward camp.

=snip=
((Hah, I was wondering when someone would pop up the ol'natural waste idea. Wondering that since the first mission-ship thread when Cael mentioned the ship's bathrooms.
Spoiler: Erm. (click to show/hide)
))

Edit: Gah, first post of the normal forum format page!
Catheters work on everyone. It's not like this is the first series of tubes you've had jammed into you, stasis pods do that too.

Gorat picks up the glowsticks that Conrad tossed and and couldn't catch thanks to his crutch. Jerk.

Wait for the rest of the team to get to camp, then go to sleep whether or not someone has volunteered for second watch.

Not Gorat's fault if the shadows get them while everyone sleeps. Or the Wyrm passes through behind the camera.
You sit in the sand and twirl an inert glowstick between your fingers, waiting for the corpse team to return.

Mason checks if he has the ability to stand, If he does he checks the house out, if he can't he'll find a crutch like thing to use.

You get up and stagger out of the ship and head for the house, struggling to move in the mud. You lean against the frame of the front door, breathing hard, and look around for some sort of crutch. There's nothing around in the entry foyer, least nothing you could use in an unmodified form.

The corpse team makes it back to the camp. 6 hours till you start moving again.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #5830 on: July 26, 2012, 11:42:50 am »

Nothing more to do but sleep.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5831 on: July 26, 2012, 11:59:00 am »

Milno stops sleeping for some minutes just to eat, drink water/whatever hydrating liquid it is, check on the situation in and outside the shack and afterwards gets back to sleep where he was.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5832 on: July 26, 2012, 12:04:32 pm »

Mason Looked around The rooms for anything useful/suspicious.

"You could go back, no one would know" Mason shook his head to his thought, He was hard headed and he knew it, but he needed to do this.
So how are you today?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5833 on: July 26, 2012, 12:43:17 pm »

Eat.

Cuddle Thomas.

Sleep.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 01:04:10 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5834 on: July 26, 2012, 01:01:28 pm »

Sorry, people, no Stiltwalker hunt happened. Maybe on our way back, or before we move out towards our next destination tomorrow.
Alright, good night to you, friends. Wake me up tomorrow before we leave, okay?
Maurice chuckled lightly.
Have a light supper (from now on, whenever during this mission I have a meal (including the implicit ones), opt for the liquid food; generally, avoid breathing the atmosphere).

I am very sorry, Gorat, as I agree that we should post a watch, but the chances are another accident will happen tomorrow and I will need all the concentration to do my job properly. Let us hope nothing will attack us tonight (and, frankly speaking, I believe our guide that there isn't much risk), and I promise that tomorrow we will flesh out the watch bill for the rest of this mission's camping nights.

Go off to sleep.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 1256