Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3946293 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Into the Abyss
« Reply #5805 on: July 25, 2012, 05:12:16 pm »

((Dudes, Maurice is, like, an actual doctor! Not like the bullshit ones like Faith and Mesk, but he actually HELPS you! Holy shit guys! Why don't we have more medics like him?!))
((Well, Mesk gets points for trying. His methods could use help, but Faith did abandon Milno for loot.))
((Well... I guess you have a point. They still suck as medics when compared to Maurice anyway. Just sayin'. :P))
((All that was missing from Feyris farewell was a bedtime story and being tucked in. Masons will presumably involve more limping and honor retaining.))
((The last one warms my heart despite my guilt over killing an innocent due to confusion in chat.

Good going doc! You're an inspiration to all of us  :D))

. . .

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(Well, there's always that hole Irony carved out to get at tree roots earlier...

It's things like this that make me really happy that I'm a robot now. :3)
((I thought I did that? Before I struck the tree with lightning?  :P))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5806 on: July 25, 2012, 05:12:51 pm »

Wait diligently for Thomas.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5807 on: July 25, 2012, 05:25:27 pm »

((That 10 minute timer is something Mason set so he would wake up after we leave. His funeral if I miss it, because organ failure for what few organs are left in him.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5808 on: July 25, 2012, 09:53:59 pm »

Well, the bleeding was stopped pretty quickly so he didn't go into shock, but he's gonna start experiencing some pretty terrible effects as his body starts to fail.

((His funeral... Since he'll be out of the pod when he dies, his brain will have more than decayed when we get back.))

All right, one last check of the pods, I want to be sure they'll stay under and preserved for however long we're here.

Either of you want to dump your samples, now's the time.

Make sure the pods won't open again or fail after we leave, then head off back into the anomaly back to the forest and to the camp.
[aux:1-1]
You take a moment to slap at the stasis chambers whist making howler monkey noises. Yep, that was a perfectly valid and normal way to test if these systems are working. Yep.

That done, you hop back through the entrance to the anomaly and start off toward the campsite.

Milno sits on the floor, rests his back (more likely just bonks the larger pods) against the wall, taking care not to get anything broke, and drifts off into a light sleep to both rest and to make sure he'll wake up as soon as shenanigans ensure or they decide to leave.
You sit yourself up in a corner and close your eyes, trying to stay as alert as possible, even while unconscious.

"I'll stay up as a watch until the others have tucked in our casualties and have returned. Who's up for being the watch after this? Conrad, do you mind if we take a few glowsticks along?"

Conrad tosses you a few glowsticks as he steps into the building.

Oh, right! The samples!
Dump Simus's backup samples I had on me (the soil samples and the trunk and branch pieces). Take the sample of air here outside of the anomaly (as a control sample); label the air samples by areas where they were taken, mark the non-transparent container from before that it might or might not have pieces of Shadows (and thus shouldn't be opened in the light), then stash those into my own stasis pod. Check if the note is still there and if the occupied stasis pods are functioning - It would be rather embarassing for the teammates to expire while we are away, especially for Feyri. Reunite with the group and head back into the anomaly.

By the way, should we try going on a little hunt for Stiltwalkers while we are on our way to the camp? We may be unable to when we are on our way back to the shuttle after exploring the Lost Citadel, while on the other hand those are terryfyingly huge and I am not sure we will be able to take one down on our own. Then again, if I remember Conrad's desription of them correctly, their numerous legs are not so thick, so we may be able to immobilize one and then secure the victory.
Or, actually, we could try taking those even without killing it - just hacking away some of its meat and then running from it into cover, specificly the Forest which those shouldn't be able to enter - at least not without inflicting horrendous wounds on itself. So, what do you say?

You stash the samples, double check feyri's note and then take another look at the stasis pods.
[aux:3+1]

Well, looks like they're all working, least as far as you can tell. You shrug and join up with Simus as he heads back toward the camp.

Googles book and tries to figure out the foreshadowing

"Conrad, are these your books?"

((About our suits. A long, long time ago I remember reading that we had some kind of power things at the back, and we shouldn't lean on it as a result? Also, the faceplate covers the entire face, correct?))
(Heat fins, yeah. They get quite hot, but you can keep them to reasonable temps by just turning your suit down to minimum power usage when you want to lay down. Though those fins are only on the Mk I, the better suits don't have them. And yeah, the faceplate is basically just a cut out piece of the solid metal helmet that encases your whole head. It flips open and closed.)

"Yes." He says, sitting down in bed.

"Well...

...goodnight, then. Set the camera to watch over us in case anything interesting happens during the night, but don't bother with a watch. Nothing will hurt us out here."

Attempt to make faceplate block light from outside, leaving it night and dark in here. Then sleep on the nice sand.

You set up the camera, lower your suit's power usage to the most minimal settings, turn off the faceplate monitor, and curl up in the sand.

Charro sat up suddenly, a thoughtful look crossing his features. He looked a bit worried about something, and scrambled to his feet and began searching the small building. 'How could we forget?!
He grimaced to himself, trying not to disturb anyone as he looked about.

>Search for a shovel. We need to dig a latrine! Poop in the spacesuit is no laughing matter!

You see no shovels around. Then you remember the big tube shoved up your ass and the smaller, much more uncomfortable tube shoved up...well regardless, waste isn't gonna be a problem.

"Oh, samples. That's right!"
Thomas heads back to the ship and stores his samples in his pod. Then he follows the rest back to camp.
You stow your samples and join up with Simus and Maurice on the walk back.

((Dudes, Maurice is, like, an actual doctor! Not like the bullshit ones like Faith and Mesk, but he actually HELPS you! Holy shit guys! Why don't we have more medics like him?!))
((Well, Mesk gets points for trying. His methods could use help, but Faith did abandon Milno for loot.))
((Well... I guess you have a point. They still suck as medics when compared to Maurice anyway. Just sayin'. :P))
((All that was missing from Feyris farewell was a bedtime story and being tucked in. Masons will presumably involve more limping and honor retaining.))
((The last one warms my heart despite my guilt over killing an innocent due to confusion in chat.

Good going doc! You're an inspiration to all of us  :D))

. . .

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(Well, there's always that hole Irony carved out to get at tree roots earlier...

It's things like this that make me really happy that I'm a robot now. :3)
((I thought I did that? Before I struck the tree with lightning?  :P))

The timer is one that mason set to let him out of stasis 10 minutes after the team has left.

Wait diligently for Thomas.

You stand around, watching the path expectantly, clasping your hands together in worry as you wait to see the familiar shape of your significant other returning.

The away team makes it about half way to camp and roughly an hour passes as the team in camp either sleeps, talks, fucks about or stares into space like weirdos. Meanwhile, back on the shuttle, Mason has fallen out of his stasis pod, his "Clever" ruse a success.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5809 on: July 25, 2012, 10:02:44 pm »

Zzzzzzz...
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5810 on: July 25, 2012, 10:07:46 pm »

Get to the campsite.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5811 on: July 25, 2012, 10:35:33 pm »

"...."

How had he managed to forget about that?! Oh god, now he couldn't forget about it again. How terribly uncomfortable the whole set-up seemed, now that he was aware of it! Eugh. He pondered his most recent meal, the 3-dessert medley, and shuddered.
'Where is the poop stored, anyway? Is there some horrible tank attached to me somewhere, ready to burst open if I overeat? What about drinking binges? What happens to people with IBS? Could the waste be used somehow to power heavy weaponry? Do I smell bad because of this? Oh god, is there really a tube up my...'
Poor Charro's tormented thoughts went on in that manner as he paced back and forth outside the shack in agitation, trying to put that recently-remembered knowledge out of his mind.

Eventually, for something to distract himself with, he finds a good spot near the shack, not too far from the others, and does some stomach-crunches before going to sleep. Or tries to, at least.
All this pondering what becomes of his incredibly unhealthy diet of 'dessert medley' is starting to worry him...

>Excercise! Sleep near the others! Try not to dream of waste-tubes and poop-tanks!

>Also set a silent alarm on my suit if possible, to wake myself after a few hours sleep.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5812 on: July 25, 2012, 10:52:52 pm »

"I hope they're all gonna be alright. Hell, hope we're going to be alright."
Upon that thought, Thomas glances around him and begins to keep an eye out for anything following the group.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5813 on: July 25, 2012, 11:02:20 pm »

"I hope they're all gonna be alright. Hell, hope we're going to be alright."
Upon that thought, Thomas glances around him and begins to keep an eye out for anything following the group.
((Now THAT'S more like it! A healthy dose of paranoia does wonders for members of the HMRC, especially in situations like this.))

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5814 on: July 25, 2012, 11:28:29 pm »

Travis wanders over to the entrance of the shack, digs into the sand for a comfortable position, and waits for the corpse team to arrive. To occupy himself, he goes through his suit settings, curious as to what else he can modify on his suit

((If Mason permanently dies, I'm keeping the manipulator. :P))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5815 on: July 25, 2012, 11:52:56 pm »

(( I am honestly flattered by your responses to my humble messages mainly dedicated to coercing a stubborn man into the stasis pod and giving Feyri (or Jim) a loaded Chekhov's gun, pointed at my head  :P Thank you! ))
Head to the camp. Keep the faceplate down for now.
((@piecewise While we are at it, do we have to take off our helmets to eat? Or is there more of clever tube systems and specially designed food to save us the nuisance of breathing the outside air?
Also, do our suits include the equipment to process the carbon dioxide back into oxygen, allowing rebreathing of the same air, or how much air do we have? ))
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 12:00:41 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5816 on: July 25, 2012, 11:58:31 pm »

((If Mason permanently dies, I'm keeping the manipulator. :P))
((I hope you either have a good amount of skill points in uncon or you are deciding to sell it.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5817 on: July 26, 2012, 12:10:09 am »

((After what Mason just did with it? No, Travis would never use it, not without significant training (as in, get a lot of points in Uncon). If he can get a full refund he'll sell it, otherwise he'll hold onto it for emergencies or for when he branches out his weapon specialization))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5818 on: July 26, 2012, 12:36:14 am »

((Emergencies that require the vaporization of a whole city? Those don't come by too often...))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5819 on: July 26, 2012, 12:48:08 am »

((I think Travis is getting that manipulator, since Mason is going to die permanently if he does not stuff himself into the stasis pod again. I just don't understand why he wanted to leave the pod without both his manipulator and most of his internal organs, since he'll die before he reaches halfway to the camp and his brain won't be saved.

Well, suicidal Mason loses, Travis wins. That's how the HMRC works.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 1256