Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3946318 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Into the Abyss
« Reply #5790 on: July 25, 2012, 03:57:53 am »

((It reminds me of Monty Python. Tis but a flesh wound.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5791 on: July 25, 2012, 07:55:11 am »

((But May is a medic. Ish. Sorta.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5792 on: July 25, 2012, 08:17:48 am »

((So, it's been long enough that we need to sleep?))
Well, Conrad needs to sleep because it's getting late for him, but you guys can always stay up, plan and talk or whatever. Though you should sleep at some point. It's gonna take those guys at the ship a while to get back anyways.

"Oh, nice place you've got here!" Charro said, eyeing the small building. "Very, er, cozy."
He looked over towards the rest of the group. "I suppose we're waiting here for the others, then? How long do you think they'll be? If we're going to get some shut-eye, maybe we should set a watch."

>Wait. If we're going to rest here, have a snooze on the floor.
>Suggest setting a watch if so.
You lay down on the soft sand and stretch out.
[speech:6]
"I say good sirs and madams, it's probably in our best interest to post a watch so that we are not savagely bumravaged in the night by the forces of darkness."

All right, let's get to the shuttle and deposit  the body and head into a stasis chamber, and deal with Gutsman.

Bring Feyri's body to a stasis pod, the head can go in the same one.

Drop off the samples collected so far near "my" stasis pod.
You balance Feyri's head on her body and drag them both through the dirt and mud back to the ship. You put the body in first and then stick the head in, balancing it on the neck with the help of the head strap. Good enough. Next you stash your samples in your own stasis pod and then head back toward Mason, who is still talking despite his lack of organs.

"Conrad says the place is safe for sleep. Let's conserve as much energy as we can, we can do watches at the Tower, we'll probably need them.

So, Conrad. We're going from the Tower to the Lost Citadel and back. Is that a short distance, or will we need to take a stop somewhere along the way? If so, where would you suggest?

Also, the Elevator cart. Is there anything we should know about it? Is it simple to use and....
Travis glances at his team mates fool proof?"

After his questioning, Travis casually strolls over to the bed and glances at the book titles
"Well the tower can work as a base camp for you, because you'll probably need more then a day to explore the citadel, but I suppose you could just sleep in the citadel. From The tower to The Citadel is maybe 6 miles, but it's gonna take longer then a straight walk since you'll have to ride the elevator cart for an hour or so.

"It's just a lever to control speed and direction. As long as you don't blow up the motor or cut the cables then you're fine."

You nod and glance at the titles of the books next to the bed while he speaks. The books are arranged in a pile and the only one you can clearly make out is Jorge Luis Borges "Book Of Sand".

... Okay, but I am standing nearby watching you do those two steps to crawl inside, and if anything - anything -  goes wrong (such as you tripping, having a seizure or something), I am going to help you get stuffed there.

Let him have it, Thomas. The man's dignity and self-respect are the last things we want him to lose. For some people it's all that keeps them running, after all.

Alright, Mason, I wish you having a good rest and quick recovery. Don't worry, I am absolutely certain next time you will have some real good luck.
Maurice smiled warmly as he saw Mason to the stasis pod.
Help Thomas carry Mason into the shuttle, directly to an unoccupied stasis pod, then let him get inside on his own, and carefully watch him do so - catch if he starts falling, and generally help him get inside if he is unable to do so on his own.

I thank you for your help. I wouldn't be able to get here in time to give these two a chance without your selfless courage and determination. Now, should we deposit the samples here now that we have the chance, as Simulacrus pointed out?

Make a short note and put it with Feyri's head (or in a container directly nearby, if putting it inside the stasis pod is going to damage it):
Code: [Select]
Rest well, Feyri, and may there arise no problems with your revival and recuperation.
- Maurice Sanctor
Maurice helps Mason into his pod after Mason has finished setting it up on the control pad. The pod closes and Maurice and the rest of the away team head out, unaware of the 10 minute timer secretly ticking away behind them.

((The dude is missing most of his internal organs. To be completely honest, I'm suprised that he's still alive, let alone trying to head back into action...))
Well, the bleeding was stopped pretty quickly so he didn't go into shock, but he's gonna start experiencing some pretty terrible effects as his body starts to fail.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5793 on: July 25, 2012, 08:48:46 am »

Well, the bleeding was stopped pretty quickly so he didn't go into shock, but he's gonna start experiencing some pretty terrible effects as his body starts to fail.

((His funeral... Since he'll be out of the pod when he dies, his brain will have more than decayed when we get back.))

All right, one last check of the pods, I want to be sure they'll stay under and preserved for however long we're here.

Either of you want to dump your samples, now's the time.

Make sure the pods won't open again or fail after we leave, then head off back into the anomaly back to the forest and to the camp.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5794 on: July 25, 2012, 09:19:24 am »

Milno sits on the floor, rests his back (more likely just bonks the larger pods) against the wall, taking care not to get anything broke, and drifts off into a light sleep to both rest and to make sure he'll wake up as soon as shenanigans ensure or they decide to leave.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 01:00:30 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #5795 on: July 25, 2012, 10:24:38 am »

"I'll stay up as a watch until the others have tucked in our casualties and have returned. Who's up for being the watch after this? Conrad, do you mind if we take a few glowsticks along?"
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5796 on: July 25, 2012, 11:02:55 am »

Oh, right! The samples!
Dump Simus's backup samples I had on me (the soil samples and the trunk and branch pieces). Take the sample of air here outside of the anomaly (as a control sample); label the air samples by areas where they were taken, mark the non-transparent container from before that it might or might not have pieces of Shadows (and thus shouldn't be opened in the light), then stash those into my own stasis pod. Check if the note is still there and if the occupied stasis pods are functioning - It would be rather embarassing for the teammates to expire while we are away, especially for Feyri. Reunite with the group and head back into the anomaly.

By the way, should we try going on a little hunt for Stiltwalkers while we are on our way to the camp? We may be unable to when we are on our way back to the shuttle after exploring the Lost Citadel, while on the other hand those are terryfyingly huge and I am not sure we will be able to take one down on our own. Then again, if I remember Conrad's desription of them correctly, their numerous legs are not so thick, so we may be able to immobilize one and then secure the victory.
Or, actually, we could try taking those even without killing it - just hacking away some of its meat and then running from it into cover, specificly the Forest which those shouldn't be able to enter - at least not without inflicting horrendous wounds on itself. So, what do you say?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5797 on: July 25, 2012, 11:28:56 am »

If we were planning on doing anything with Stiltwalkers, I think that we should've brought the camera Steve gave us to record stuff like that. It's likely that we can return to an area with searchlights while we're with the camera, and/or the group, and will be better off for us, I think.

For now, let's just drop off samples and get to the camp. I don't know how well you guys know the current team, but to me, they seem like people who won't just wait on us to return.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5798 on: July 25, 2012, 12:18:14 pm »

Reasonable enough.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5799 on: July 25, 2012, 12:37:38 pm »

Googles book and tries to figure out the foreshadowing

"Conrad, are these your books?"

((About our suits. A long, long time ago I remember reading that we had some kind of power things at the back, and we shouldn't lean on it as a result? Also, the faceplate covers the entire face, correct?))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5800 on: July 25, 2012, 02:46:49 pm »

"Well...

...goodnight, then. Set the camera to watch over us in case anything interesting happens during the night, but don't bother with a watch. Nothing will hurt us out here."

Attempt to make faceplate block light from outside, leaving it night and dark in here. Then sleep on the nice sand.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #5801 on: July 25, 2012, 03:28:55 pm »

"Nothing... in theory." Gorat answers, decidedly not glancing at his foot. "Also, there's always a small chance that we might miss things for Travis to film."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5802 on: July 25, 2012, 03:42:56 pm »

Charro sat up suddenly, a thoughtful look crossing his features. He looked a bit worried about something, and scrambled to his feet and began searching the small building. 'How could we forget?!
He grimaced to himself, trying not to disturb anyone as he looked about.

>Search for a shovel. We need to dig a latrine! Poop in the spacesuit is no laughing matter!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5803 on: July 25, 2012, 03:48:59 pm »

(Well, there's always that hole Irony carved out to get at tree roots earlier...

It's things like this that make me really happy that I'm a robot now. :3)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5804 on: July 25, 2012, 04:01:15 pm »

"Oh, samples. That's right!"
Thomas heads back to the ship and stores his samples in his pod. Then he follows the rest back to camp.
Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 1256