Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3946406 times)

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Into the Abyss
« Reply #5760 on: July 24, 2012, 09:50:49 am »

"O.K. But promise me one thing, Punch that team killing dickhead in the groin for me, O.k.?"
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5761 on: July 24, 2012, 09:51:58 am »

Maurice sighed. I promise.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5762 on: July 24, 2012, 11:44:21 am »

((This is going to get interesting if Maurice fulfills his promise))

"Home sweet home. Alright, let's start setting up camp. Conrad, I believe you were a little vague about the dangers of sleeping out here. Mind elaborating?"

Travis jogs ahead of the group and explores the metal building
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5763 on: July 24, 2012, 01:01:58 pm »

((It shouldn't: Maurice promissed to punch Travis, but Mr.Hugs didn't say Travis couldn't be wearing his protective suit. There are various means to go around Mason's request and avoid conflict. And if Travis decides to shoot Maurice due to the latter trying to fulfill his promise, then he'll be crossing the line and will be dealt with.

Shooting Mason is comprehensible, but not firing at the only doctor that seems to approach the idea of "competence". Sometimes. Fistfighting is fine though.))
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 01:03:37 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5764 on: July 24, 2012, 01:17:06 pm »

"I'll get into the statis unit myself, at least let me have that."
If he lets me go to the statis but before i get in see if i can set it to open again in 10 miniutes.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5765 on: July 24, 2012, 02:12:54 pm »

... Okay, but I am standing nearby watching you do those two steps to crawl inside, and if anything - anything -  goes wrong (such as you tripping, having a seizure or something), I am going to help you get stuffed there.
(When the shuttle arrives, make sure Mason is safely put into stasis, according to the line above). ((Probably a deposited action, but nonetheless. ))

((Actually, I am not overchecking you, and if you happen to pull that set up there, I'll surely go with it - just making sure you don't fall the moment you leave our arms. Which is entirely possible, after all.
I should also say that I admire your spirit. What you are doing is the closes equivalent of trying to hijack the shuttle, after all. ...I'm wondering if you could really pull that kind of trick and get help somewhere else, other than on our homely ship.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5766 on: July 24, 2012, 02:25:52 pm »

(Acctualy that hadn't been my thought at all, i just thought my character wouldn't want to be put in stasis, any way the ship is probably moniterd by steve, he would probably kill me with electricity and take all my tokens away if i tried that, but good thinking.)
So how are you today?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5767 on: July 24, 2012, 02:27:26 pm »

((Why do we have medics?!  :P Righty then!))
((To kill you professionally, of course! What, Faith trying to rip Lukas' arms out and Mesk's status as Kickboxing Doctor rather than A Serial Killer didn't tip you off? :P))

((Arguably, we don' have medics. Not because of some "Faith's the worst medic" or "Dr Mesk Ninja" thing (of course, they do contribute), but because the medical equipment is somewhat expensive. The Corps is a punishment, after all, and doesn't care if we die. Only when we survive a few missions do we get access to medical equipment that deserves that name.))
((Well, and this too.))

"Now what?" Faith asked Conrad.

Examine area further. Preferably with the camera.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5768 on: July 24, 2012, 02:56:30 pm »

Milno examines the area around the building without much interest.

Follow the group if they enter the building.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #5769 on: July 24, 2012, 03:14:14 pm »

((Just to confirm, that's Travis now, right?))

"That building reminds me, have you ever seen anything rust here?"
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5770 on: July 24, 2012, 04:50:48 pm »

Set up camp.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5771 on: July 24, 2012, 05:14:40 pm »

((@Caellath: Point taken. I meant interesting as in it could go any number of ways, depending on the rolls and the situation. I can't think of a situation where I would have Travis shoot Maurice, but I'm sure it's out there))
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 05:16:13 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5772 on: July 24, 2012, 10:35:20 pm »

All right, toss the head to me and I'll go on up, you can pass me the body and Gutsman once I'm through.

And you may want to make sure everything you have as a sample is sealed airtight.

Make sure all samples are sealed airtight.
Acquire Feyri's head, use as basketball, and exit anomaly, help get the bodies through and the non-damaged bodies through after that.
Getting up through the portal proves to be more trouble then you expected and involves literally jumping up and grabbing onto the inner edge of the fridge on the other side. It takes a few tries but you get up and have the other men hand you Feyri's head. The Feyri's body and Mason come through a moment later.

Give Simus Feyri's head, then get the bodies through to the outer world; go there myself as well.

Contact Steve.

Okay, Steve, we are a bit ahead of schedule here. We have an emergency situation, one of the team members being on the verge of death, and another one freshly deceased. We need an evac shuttle here to take them back on board, or at least to put them into stasis while we finish the mission.
Simus helps you through the portal and you send your message to Steve.

>The ship and its stasis pods are still out there, just dump them in and get back to work.

"Home sweet home. Alright, let's start setting up camp. Conrad, I believe you were a little vague about the dangers of sleeping out here. Mind elaborating?"

Travis jogs ahead of the group and explores the metal building
"Here? Nothing. It's cold and you'll have to keep your helmet on if you want to wake up, but beyond that, just stay in the light."

You run ahead and open the metal building. The inside of the rather small building is mostly filled with supplies of various types, mostly food and water, but some glowsticks and lights. There's also a single bed with a few books stacked next to it. Guessing thats Conrad's.

((Why do we have medics?!  :P Righty then!))
((To kill you professionally, of course! What, Faith trying to rip Lukas' arms out and Mesk's status as Kickboxing Doctor rather than A Serial Killer didn't tip you off? :P))

((Arguably, we don' have medics. Not because of some "Faith's the worst medic" or "Dr Mesk Ninja" thing (of course, they do contribute), but because the medical equipment is somewhat expensive. The Corps is a punishment, after all, and doesn't care if we die. Only when we survive a few missions do we get access to medical equipment that deserves that name.))
((Well, and this too.))

Medics are really around more to keep you going and stable despite relatively minor injuries, like broken bones or put your guts back in. They keep you in the fight as long as possible, theoretically.

Beyond the trees and the building as well as a small cleared area around the building there's not much different here at the camp then anywhere else in the forest.

Milno examines the area around the building without much interest.

Follow the group if they enter the building.
You follow behind Travis and peek into the building, seeing what he sees.

((Just to confirm, that's Travis now, right?))

"That building reminds me, have you ever seen anything rust here?"
"Not a lot of water around here. Never seen rust but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist here."

Set up camp.
Camp, as it is, seems to be comprised of not much but a clear spot of ground to sleep on and whatever you have in your bag.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5773 on: July 24, 2012, 10:48:52 pm »

((So, it's been long enough that we need to sleep?))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5774 on: July 24, 2012, 11:04:20 pm »

"Oh, nice place you've got here!" Charro said, eyeing the small building. "Very, er, cozy."
He looked over towards the rest of the group. "I suppose we're waiting here for the others, then? How long do you think they'll be? If we're going to get some shut-eye, maybe we should set a watch."

>Wait. If we're going to rest here, have a snooze on the floor.
>Suggest setting a watch if so.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 1256