Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3946585 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Into the Abyss
« Reply #5730 on: July 24, 2012, 05:51:22 am »

((I lost a point in dex and one in intelligence, actually. Whether from the drugs, Mesk's 'doctoring' or the time elapsed before revival, who can say. :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5731 on: July 24, 2012, 05:54:49 am »

((I lost a point in dex and one in intelligence, actually. Whether from the drugs, Mesk's 'doctoring' or the time elapsed before revival, who can say. :P))

((I would hazard a guess from two sources: DEX from Mesk, and INT from the OD.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #5732 on: July 24, 2012, 05:56:16 am »

((I would hazard a guess from two sources: DEX from Mesk, and INT from the OD.))

((Or INT for hanging out with HMRC-crew in general.)))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5733 on: July 24, 2012, 06:27:12 am »

((@Tiruin Well, as I've said, I am actually very sorry it ended like this. And I will take the responsibility, if needed.
Also, 'for the suit to patch it up' - I thought you were wearing a Mk I suit (it doesn't have that option), weren't you? Yes, just checked that item list. It would take a Mk II suit to seal that kind of hole, and I practically did the same with the medi-foam.
Just... please, don't think that I slacked on my duty. I did all I could, and I am still doing it. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5734 on: July 24, 2012, 06:27:30 am »

Mason attempted to stop screaming to say.
"I'll be ok, but seriously why the f$&k! did that douche shoot me i was heating up a metal tree, i wanted to collect a liquid sample, and speaking of that where the hell is my manipuator."
Attempt to get out of arms, use branches as a walking stick/crutch, get manipulator back.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5735 on: July 24, 2012, 06:29:26 am »

((@Tiruin Well, as I've said, I am actually very sorry it ended like this. And I will take the responsibility, if needed.
Also, 'for the suit to patch it up' - I thought you were wearing a Mk I suit (it doesn't have that option), weren't you? Yes, just checked that item list. It would take a Mk II suit to seal that kind of hole, and I practically did the same with the medi-foam.
Just... please, don't think that I slacked on my duty. I did all I could, and I am still doing it. ))
((I'm not thinking ill of anyone, all I said was just hysterical mortality banter.  :P
Believe me, I was filled with a mixture of shock, surprise, tears, and laughter at what just occurred, to say the truth. Also, you did your best, as well as everyone else. Sorry if anything I said rubbed off like that.

I paid the price for skimming the thread...heh, skim.))
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 06:44:17 am by Tiruin »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5736 on: July 24, 2012, 06:43:11 am »

DO NOT THE FUCK MOVE. Maurice replied to Mason politely.
For the moment, your condition is best described with what we in the medical profession call 'fucked'. So, be a good patient and let us move you around. I didn't save your life for you to throw it away this easily. ...Or I'll have to sedate you, and I haven't yet tested these drugs to learn the exact amount it would take without inducing side effects. Or, I suppose, we could knock you out via more primitive means, but then your skull would be in danger of being fractured, possibly leading to your death. You know, permanent death.
So, please, don't move.

Hold Mason firmly in place.

((@Tiruin Oh I do understand how you feel. The dam mission is forever etched into my memory, even though I practically didn't participate in it.
So don't worry. Your fate is not sealed yet  ;) ))
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 07:24:22 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5737 on: July 24, 2012, 06:48:59 am »

Mason, we are taking you, as well as another former team member's head and body, back to the shuttle. You will be put into stasis to await getting back to the ship, where, in all likelihood, you will receive cybernetic internals to replace the ones that had to be cut out of you. And your manipulator got taken away from you while you were unconscious, Travis, I think it was, deemed you a danger to the team while you had it.

Now, don't move and follow the Doc's instructions. He's your best chance of not joining your other teammate here in the beyond... until the doctors aboard the ship pull you back from whatever hell you'd go to.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5738 on: July 24, 2012, 07:25:02 am »

"Yeah I would agree with you if i were dead, at least leave me out of statis in case their is an emergancy"
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5739 on: July 24, 2012, 07:26:56 am »

Quite honestly, I've no idea how you are still conscious, considering that you are missing a good amount of internal organs.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5740 on: July 24, 2012, 07:28:46 am »

"Well i am and i can still breathe.... mostly just give me a chance, listen i know i've been a bit of an idiot on this mission, but trust me it was all just bad luck and team killing idiots, I can do it"
So how are you today?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5741 on: July 24, 2012, 07:32:37 am »

I'll defer to the doctor on that. Besides, did you even have anything other than that manipulator?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5742 on: July 24, 2012, 07:33:39 am »

"No, no you can't." Charro frowned at the now-conscious Mason, shuffling to keep himself between him and Conrad incase the former would do anything crazy. "Last time you nearly killed the guide and seriously damaged our chances of getting poor Feyri there to the shuttle. As far as I'm concerned you can whack anything nasty with a stick."
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5743 on: July 24, 2012, 07:35:03 am »

We know you can do it: otherwise we wouldn't go such lengths to keep you alive. And I understand your concern, so the best I can offer you is that we'll see when we get there.
(( Sort of a lie, actually: Maurice would hardly agree that anyone is useless, so the arguement applies to everyone and can be considered sort of void. But that's not the point. ))

Frankly speaking, it is a miracle in itself that we were able to treat you that fast, and thus you are alive yet, so keeping you there in your condition for a few days I'm afraid is out of question. Maybe we can persuade our guide to look out for you at that time, or we'll be able to get the shuttle bring you back right then.

Don't play a hero: you'll yet show us all how good you are, just not on this mission, full of bad luck and packed with team killing idiots. Okay?
((@anaileater I'll remind you that if you no longer want to exercise an action, you should strikethrough it in your original post. ))

« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 07:49:03 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5744 on: July 24, 2012, 08:11:56 am »

"But you don't understand, I shouldn't even be in the HMRC and now that i am, people think im an idiot, I'm doing this weather you like it or not."
So how are you today?
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 1256