Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 372 373 [374] 375 376 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944525 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Into the Abyss
« Reply #5595 on: July 23, 2012, 04:22:10 am »

(( Well, we can try... ))

Casting a glance towards Feyri, Maurice shook his head bitterly as he replied Charro.
She will have a few more moments, and it doesn't look like her brain was fried. This one might be beyond cure if I don't help him now, not even revivable.
As always, on a battlefield tough choices have to be taken, Maurice reminded himself solemnly.
Sometimes you don't have time to help them all.

Hearing Simus's advise, a sudden glimpse of understanding dawned on Maurice's face.
Wait! You are right, that crystal! Someone good with guns, try shooting this central crystal! And not with that terrible weapon of yours, Travis.

(( I can only hope Jim won't kill me too painfully when, us back on board, he learns that I neglected helping Feyri right away in favor of trying to save a 'luckless bastard which was already beyond help'  ::) ))
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 04:31:06 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5596 on: July 23, 2012, 04:26:48 am »

((Also, I am a fleshtech, I don't have a single skill point in conventional weapons, which means I would have the -2 bonus if I tried to use a gun. I'll better trust the life of my patient into the hands of medicine.))
((I know of the fleshtechs' problems with conventional weaponry, but there are mercenaries around for that if you happen to need them.))
((Many of whom would be extremely willing to help via shooting a teammate in the gut. :P

It's also just now occurred to me that this would have been a pretty good way to cut down a tree.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5597 on: July 23, 2012, 04:30:05 am »

"Don't have a gun. And besides, I'd rather not get near that thing. I'm staying here."

Charro mumbled this mostly to himself from a safe-ish distance away, shaking his head apologetically to Conrad.
"I, erm, apologize for this... Minor delay, Mister Conrad."
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5598 on: July 23, 2012, 04:34:59 am »

I would shoot the crystal off myself, but...

Well, I have two ranged weapons, my launcher, which I doubt anyone here would be in favor of being used, and a hand laser, which probably isn't the best choice.

I would suggest a Gauss rifle, if anyone has one.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5599 on: July 23, 2012, 04:38:08 am »

Take it from her, I am sure she will understand. Maurice said, gesturing towards Feyri lying nearby.
((@Tiruin Thank you for your offer, I think we might take it. I promise I'll get to Feyri next round, unless something goes even more terribly wrong. ))
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 04:40:58 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #5600 on: July 23, 2012, 04:40:55 am »

((With teammates like this, who needs enemies? Anyone saving Feyri? Make sure the camera is okay, too, guys. And there goes my idea for the tower, most likely.))

Wake up screaming like a little girl.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5601 on: July 23, 2012, 04:41:58 am »

((This should be fun. :P

Also, @Piecewise: I just want to join the crowds of people telling you how good this RTD is. In case you'd forgotten.
I'll be browsing Bay12, just wasting time, and then if I see the Online icon next to your name I rush over to check the threads. :) ))
Booze is Life for Yoink

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5602 on: July 23, 2012, 04:46:23 am »

((With teammates like this, who needs enemies? Anyone saving Feyri? Make sure the camera is okay, too, guys. And there goes my idea for the tower, most likely.))
((What idea for the tower?

And yes, I also intend to save Feyri soon.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5603 on: July 23, 2012, 04:47:46 am »

Strip Feyri's equipment, but not armor, from her slowly cooling corpse soon-to-be corpse.

I highly advise ya'll stand far, far away. I may not be the worst shot, but if I do hit, then fragments of that crystal could still be dangerous, and they'll be spraying out and away from where it gets hit. So, unless anyone here is better at marksmanship and actually willing to help, here goes.

I hope this works...

Unless somebody else volunteers ((I'm looking at you, Milno.)), standing perpendicular and at a good distance away from Mason, using the scope, and away from everyone else, aim at the center of the main crystal.

Wait a second... Now I really think about it, the crystal is probably already too big inside of him to blow apart with a weapon without blowing him open as well. All I could really do, I think, is break off the external portion.

Stand down.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 10:54:01 am by PyroDesu »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #5604 on: July 23, 2012, 04:53:01 am »

((What idea for the tower?

And yes, I also intend to save Feyri soon.))
((I hadn't posted it yet, but I had the idea that Gorat could, with the ropes we've been provided with, go deeper off the path by the tower, with the lamps on and the camera in the lamp light. Maybe request a glowstick from our guide before we part ways. The idea was to find out if there are more buildings by the tower - perhaps the tower is part of some kind of perimeter defense. It seems rather strange that the light path would "hit" a single tower, and the citadel afterwards, after all.

I mean, someone else could still do that, but I wanted to do it.))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5605 on: July 23, 2012, 04:53:24 am »

"Don't worry, Mister Conrad, they know what they're doing," Charro said calmingly to the guide, trying his hardest to hide his amusement at that nonsensical statement, "I'll just er, stand here. Standard procedure, don't you know."

>Still at a safe distance, stand between the guide and Mason's corpse.
Just incase any stray bullet/crystal fragments wander over this way.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5606 on: July 23, 2012, 04:58:55 am »

(( Fixed my action to give us a chance to shoot the crystal.

@Knight Otu The guide said that his brother supposed the Lost Citadel to be just the same as the Tower, only not ruined (if I recall it correctly). So I think the path did 'hit' two 'towers', which is less improbable according to your logic, I suppose. ))
Past Sigs

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #5607 on: July 23, 2012, 05:03:35 am »

((Yes, that's what the guide said, but the citadel still is after the Fall, and the Graveyard for that measure, so it's unlikely they're part of the same perimeter defense or group of buildings, if such a thing exists.))
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5608 on: July 23, 2012, 05:15:03 am »

((I have a distinct feeling that shooting a high speed depleted slug at a crystal thats growing inside a teammate is not going to help much. Just sayin'.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5609 on: July 23, 2012, 05:23:02 am »

((I have a distinct feeling that shooting a high speed depleted slug at a crystal thats growing inside a teammate is not going to help much. Just sayin'.))

((Yeah, kinda thinking that, only thing it'll really do is waste a slug (Since the crystal is probably already too big to reliably blast apart without blasting the rest of him apart) and give a 2/6 chance that something terrible will happen...

Yeah... editing my action for that.))
Pages: 1 ... 372 373 [374] 375 376 ... 1256