Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3940941 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 5: #1 producer of mentally scarred orphans
« Reply #4770 on: July 05, 2012, 01:25:23 am »

(Most likely I imagine that if Mesk gets killed Remalle will just roll her up as a Grunt and use her. XD)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4771 on: July 05, 2012, 01:39:57 am »

((A sidekick for the AM, maybe.))

((Nah, the Doctor would take her first (And all the creepiness that is implied by that statement), and the AM wouldn't care.

The little girl goes from little girl, to the Doctor's pet, vice Thrak.))
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 01:41:59 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4772 on: July 05, 2012, 07:03:36 am »

Renen hears a sound like a little bomb going off and feels the heat of the area.

Renen proceeds to the nearest exit, and moves away from the house, going in the general direction of the other team but not towards it.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4773 on: July 05, 2012, 09:35:32 am »

((Nah, the Doctor would take her first (And all the creepiness that is implied by that statement), and the AM wouldn't care.))
((Maybe she has a soft spot for kids. She's got to have some soft spot, somewhere.))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4774 on: July 05, 2012, 11:53:44 am »

((Nah, the Doctor would take her first (And all the creepiness that is implied by that statement), and the AM wouldn't care.))
((Maybe she has a soft spot for kids. She's got to have some soft spot, somewhere.))
(You're a genius, you've found her weakness!  Everyone find a family, murder the parents and kidnap the lovable orphans!)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 11:56:23 am by Remalle »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4775 on: July 05, 2012, 12:13:27 pm »

((I disagree. I think either she wouldn't give a shit or kill all of you. Or both of the aforementioned alternatives.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4776 on: July 05, 2012, 12:15:28 pm »

Retrieve the instrument, if I happened to release it from my grip. Help Milno to get up and move the unconscious citizen lying by the door out of the house.

((Actually, the fire itself - the mundane one, not the MFM stuff - isn't dangerous to us in our suits (given the metal casting precedent), right? ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4777 on: July 05, 2012, 12:19:23 pm »

((Actually, the fire itself - the mundane one, not the MFM stuff - isn't dangerous to us in our suits (given the metal casting precedent), right? ))
((The booze explosion is, Kyle is going to try and use his MFM again, and the dog is near Milno and Maurice. And trying to help Milno get up when Maurice was also knocked down...That may hinder more than help. :P))
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 12:21:10 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4778 on: July 05, 2012, 12:57:15 pm »

"You guys finish this house, I'm on to the next."
Head to the next house (30 or 29) and kick the door in.
You stumble down stairs and rest against the wall for a moment until you feel better, then head outside. You cross the street to the 30th home and give the door a kick.
[Str:1+1]
Nothing happens, but you think you hear someone screaming inside. Gahhhhh.

((See?  Knew it'd be less than a dozen turns.))

Thrak perks up.  Fire?  THE BOOZE!

"NOOOOOOOOOO!"

Pocketing the jewelry, Thrak charges to the booze and gets it outside and safe as fast as possible.
You grab a handful of women's jewelery and stuff it in your pockets before heading down stairs. The drum of booze is sitting around next to an angry robotic dog and two bowled over teammates, everything around them already starting to burn and fill the house with smoke. You make a beeline for the booze and roll it out onto the lawn, past the burning grass and off onto the street. Whew.

"The booze is safe guys!" You shout back into the burning home "The booze is safe!"

(Ah, now it's becoming fu- damnit Prosperus!)

"Jim, we're ready to leave when you are."
Wait for Jim to finish up and follow him to the next house.
You head back down to the door of the house and stand around, waiting for jim. As you wait, you notice that one of the houses down the road has caught fire. Huh, You thought that would have happened sooner.

((So, am I relatively undamaged by that fail? I meant to melt the dog Travis was talking about, not the one inside the house... Also, what is it with these microwave amps/manipulators causing horrible things to happen?))

Blast it, these things should come with manuals... I'm never going to hear the end of that., Kyle grumbled offline, before going back onto the radio.

Thrak, get that thing of booze and the man inside that house away from that fire.

Travis, what are you talking about? I can see the dog, and it's not moving away.

If the fire is relatively small, use a blast of cold to take it out. Else, get out of the way, and try to melt the dog again.
(Probably shouldn't have said "Cyborg dog" then, Since you don't know the dog at the center of the road is one. And actually it's not. )

The fire is now covering the entire front of the house looks to be a bit beyond your skill to contain, so you focus your attention on the dog at the intersection. It's pretty far away, but here we go.
[uncon:4-1]
You do your best to melt the dog but your attempt results only in an amorphous bubble of heat that sends the dog running but doesn't cause it any real damage.

((I'm still wielding my gun, correct? And I'm laying on my back, with my arms under my back? The gun should be facing sideways, I assume. If all the above check:))

Travis summons the willpower to turn his hand so his gun is facing his lower extremities(waist down) and fires.
You struggle and attempt to resist, managing to get your gun wielding arm down at your side, but can't do anything beyond that. While you struggle, the target finishes examining your memories and, rather unexpectedly, you're in control of your own movements again.

Jim goes through the closet searching for the things specified before leaving with Mesk, Ivan, and E (against their will if necessary) to House 30.
You dig through the closet and look for something valuable or medieval. Does a golf club count as a medieval weapon? Or valuable? Hmm. You take the biggest, most mace like one you can find and down and outside, dragging E with you. Mesk is waiting to go and Ivan is already at the target house. As you walk between the homes you notice the house burning down the street. Huh.

"Good job Smartass, you really know how to get me envious of your competence."

"By the way, if I start to attack someone, it means I'm under control; no matter how useless you are, I won't attack you."

Milno fires his rocket pods and flies outside with Maurice in tow, going over the nearest house to the west (roughly towards the direction Jim's team is) and landing with it between them and the burning house.
You grab Maurice and activate your rockets, zipping outside and up into the air with a burst of exhaust. You leap over house 2 with a single burst of exhaust and proceed to land softly in house 22's backward amidst a flurry of short bursts. You make a mental note to never trust anyone except jim with Amps or Manipulators.

((Lost track ...))'
Get bearings.
You are currently being dragged to another house by Jim.

"Hey, hang on a second.  Wait up, I forgot something.  Just give me a minute."
Return to the first house we visited and burn it down.  Then go to the second one we visited and torch it too.
"Gotta remove the target's cover.  It's no good doing a sweep if he just hides in a house we already checked and we miss him."

EDIT: !!!
Get into the first building as it burns, grab the little girl, and carry her out of the flames heroically.
You break away from Jim's group and head back to the house you were just in. You dig a big bottle of isopropyl alcohol out of your advanced kit and start soaking the carpet, couches and drapes before stuffing a bit of cloth into the bottle and lighting the cloth with your torch. You toss the makeshift Molotov over your shoulder as you walk out of the house and proceed next door as the 31st house bursts into flame.

You do the same at the  next house, the only difference being that you take the time to pick up the girl whose parents you murdered in cold blood and carry her outside before burning down her house.  Our hero.

Renen hears a sound like a little bomb going off and feels the heat of the area.

Renen proceeds to the nearest exit, and moves away from the house, going in the general direction of the other team but not towards it.
You retreat out of the burning building and basically chase after milno, joining him with Maurice in the backyard of house 22.

Retrieve the instrument, if I happened to release it from my grip. Help Milno to get up and move the unconscious citizen lying by the door out of the house.

You manage to grab your knife out of the dog's skull before Milno drags you out and into the air. As per the man, you have just enough time to see that he's smoldering already before you're yanked into the air.
(also yeah, the heat isnt dangerous, least in low levels like that.)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4779 on: July 05, 2012, 01:02:38 pm »

((The fuck is with all the twos.))
Punch the door with mutant arm.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4780 on: July 05, 2012, 01:04:13 pm »

"Nobody rescued the unconscious guy, did they? Blast it, I'll do it, someone check on Travis."

Rescue the unconscious burning citizen, check on Travis next.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4781 on: July 05, 2012, 01:12:34 pm »

Thrak switches to all-chat.

"Booze is safe, bros!  What's the plan now?  Since this house is torched and I see smoke from at least one other, the dude probably knows we're here.  What's the next step?  Mil-bro?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4782 on: July 05, 2012, 01:14:31 pm »

((Was the password one I knew, or one the assassin knew?

I originally thought the closing my eyes was the remembering of the password, but now I see that it might have been the assassin hiding the password from me))

((If I knew it...))

Well. Only one logical thing to do....

Travis aims his gun at his feet with one hand, while enabling his outward radio with the other.

"Team, I've been compromised. He knows everything. I'm by building 3, if you could carry me to somewhere safe I'd appreciate it.

Steve, please deliver a strong enough shock to knock me unconscious, and notify the team when I wake"

If the assassin interferes in any way, Travis pulls the trigger and shoots his foot

((If I didn't know it...))

Well. Crap. I can't approach my team mates without getting shot. Uh.

Travis aims at his foot with one hand, while attempting to hack his way so that he may open an outward radio channel with his other. If he can, he does the following above. If he can't, he throws his gun onto the roof of building 3. He then opens his faceplate and walks towards the closest team, hands up.

If the assassin interferes before he throws his gun, he shoots his foot.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 01:39:53 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4783 on: July 05, 2012, 01:31:26 pm »

"Come to the point where I am and try this house next. Assist Smartass with his stuff first, that kid really could use some help."
Milno leans against the house before activating his comms to talk to Jim.

"The guy from my team with a manipulator just set a house ablaze and the crazy survivalist may have picked up something. I doubt it, but anyway If I fall under the assassin's control, break my arms with your amp. It won't be too hard to do it and I'll be useless to him afterwards."

Milno aks Steve the following. If Steve confirms the limit to the distance the assassin's amp can be used, he flies to that height. If not, he moves to the rest of the group with Maurice.

"Hey Steve. Does the killer's amp have a limit to the distance he can establish a connection or a point it becomes nearly impossible for it to work? Like if I fly to a height of eight hundred or one thousand feet above the ground? Does he also have any difficulty in dominating a person who's moving very fast and in the occasion you start to resist the manipulation and fly far away, would the link break before he can complete the process?"
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 02:19:01 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4784 on: July 05, 2012, 01:32:42 pm »

"Which smartass, bro?  That doesn't narrow it down."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 1256