Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941776 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 5: Serial killer Spring Break
« Reply #4650 on: July 03, 2012, 01:45:49 pm »

"It's cool, bro!  I got booze for ya!"

Thrak forces his way in and brings the drum along.
[str:6+1]
You announce your boozy intentions before attempting to push the door open. Over enthusiasm combined with superhuman strength results in you nearly tearing the door off it's hinges as you slam it and the man behind it into the wall, sandwiching the homeowner between door and drywall with a rather unhealthy crunch and gurgle.

"Woops."

Beyond the door is a solid wall to the right and a large, open living room to the left. The tv in the living room is on, casting garishly bright colors across the dark, leather couches, but no one is around to watch it.

You roll the drum of booze into the house and lean against it.

"Well, that could have gone better...

Steve, do we have any official jurisdiction we can use to get the citizens to cooperate?"

((I'd facepalm, but then I'd get [Int: 1] You apply the taser glove to your forehead, shocking yourself into unconsciousness, and making everyone else in the general area face palm for you.))
>You're an agent of the UWM, but you don't really have any proof of that...
I suppose I deserved that...

"Actually, now that I think about it... Thrak might have given us the solution for this house. I think we can be relatively sure that these people won't be letting anyone inside for quite a while, and the chances of the killer being in that house are low enough that we can come back to it if we can't find him anywhere else.

Head to the next house, knock. If/when someone answers, say

Excuse me there, but we've gotten reports of a rogue altered running around, and we believe he has a human accomplice somewhere in this area. We've got a couple of squads here searching for him, and I'll warn you ahead of time that there may be some commotion when we finally find the criminal. As for how this affects you, we need to conduct a brief search of the house. Once we've finished, lock the house down completely, and don't let anyone in or relax your guard unless a full squad instructs you to, or the situation has been resolved; your life could very well depend on it. Finally, is there anyone here with you?"
You turn away from the uh...break down in the diplomatic process...and start off toward the second house. You make it as far as turning that way before you spy a problem. Theres a man already standing just outside the doorway to the second house. And he's looking directly at you and your cohorts. And judging by the look on his face, he's seen enough of what you've just been doing to form a very negative opinion of you.

Sigh. Break down door.
Things just aren't going your way. Oh well.

You draw your mutated arm back, the chitin spikes shivering with excitement as though the arm itself were a separate entity,  and then drive it directly into the door. [str:4+1] Your taloned hand tears right through the wood of the door and you proceed to unlock and open the door from the inside before strolling in. You're in some sort of entrance room with nothing in it but a pingpong table and two couches. There's an opening directly across the room which looks like it leads to the living room and probably the stairs.

Milno follows Kyle.
You move to follow kyle when you see the man next door as well.

(( Sorry for being late. I was practically knocked uncoscious by sleep deprivation last time. Extended forum roleplaying is so fun  ;)
@Caellath Actually, I thought along the lines of 'funny', '(relatively) harmless' (for Milno, I mean) and 'his alignment isn't very different from that of Milno'.
@Toaster And, of course, 'brought the booze'  :P ))

By the way, do we know any distinctive marks to look on the torso or anything? I seriously doubt there can be any, actually, for those are not very beneficial at his profession, I believe. But we could possibly sort out more than a half of the potential suspects by checking their gender and if they are really shorter than him (by stabbing in the air above the person (note that the culprit might be crouching or crawling, but that is quite simple to check)).
And after that we can put the rest of the residents to the real test.

Steve, is the agent male or female? How tall is he/she? Does he/she have any distinnguishing characteristics about his/her body?

Oh, and I should mention that playing straight with these people might be the best policy. Mention the 'Corps, the changeling killer, the quarantine and the army and might actually be willing to cooperate. Or not, depending on how they regard the government and whether they know of the HMRC or not.

By the way, Thrak, how hard is that liquor of yours? Would like to know whether we can use it as an antiseptic when the probing starts.

Follow Milno. Shealth the instrument, but keep a hand on it.
>Male, and as per distinguishing marks, none that we have on record. But he's probably gathered his fair share of scars over the years in service, so that might be something to go on.

You turn and, just like kyle and milno, spot the man looking at you.

"Joy," comments E as she follows not milno goes next door.

((oops :3))
You step outside and walk over to house 31 just in time to see Ivan punch a hole in the door and wander in. Huh, seems to be the standard method around here. You follow him in.

"Examine the mother too. We'll leave the daughter alone; she can't be our target. Too small," Jim said to Mesk over coms. He then stepped forward and slammed the cleaver down on the table. "You'll want to shut the fuck up now. My patience is wearing thin."
The two woman stop screaming as you cleave the table in half, and proceed to cower away from you in the corner of the room.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4651 on: July 03, 2012, 01:48:02 pm »

Head into the next room.

"E, search the couches. Make sure there's no weapons or anything."
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4652 on: July 03, 2012, 01:50:16 pm »

Kick the woman until she turns into our target or unconscious.
"Don't worry ma'am, I'm a doctor.  And the fact that the man who sold me said doctorate is centuries dead doesn't make it any less true."

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4653 on: July 03, 2012, 01:57:31 pm »

"I get the feeling that diplomacy isn't going to be nearly as easy as I originally hoped.

Anyway, you there, to be blunt, we're looking for a criminal who can disguise himself, and we need to search every house here, including yours. I'll give you a choice, you can cooperate with me and we'll try to get this done without too much trouble, or you can choose to deal with the rest of my squad. I'll warn you though, some of them bring a whole new meaning to the term "insanity", so... your choice."

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4654 on: July 03, 2012, 02:30:15 pm »

Try mentioning the HMRC. That might make the things more lively. Or, well, at least they won't fear us being worst kind of criminal scum. They will know us to be the worst kind of criminal scum, acting on behalf and bearing the authority of the government.
Raise the visor and look at the man.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 02:33:43 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4655 on: July 03, 2012, 02:32:35 pm »

"Sorry bro!  You good?"

Examine the fallen man to see if he's alive and/or the target.  Once done, check the rest of the house.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: July 03, 2012, 02:32:49 pm »

((Psychological Warfare.

Isn't.  :P

Go Team!))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4657 on: July 03, 2012, 02:36:36 pm »

Milno leans against the wall nonchalantly.
"Well, that'll be interesting to watch."

Communicate with Steve and turn the new system on.
"Hey Steve. What is the concept of 'alive' for capture purposes? Intact brain?"
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 05:07:03 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4658 on: July 03, 2012, 02:47:41 pm »

Jim waited for the results of Mesk's exam.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: July 03, 2012, 02:58:09 pm »

Well. Seems terrify the locals, Plan A, is going smoothly.

"Steve, do we have phone numbers for these houses? Would it be possible you could route my radio through a telephone call?"
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4660 on: July 03, 2012, 03:57:06 pm »

"Sure."

Search room, especially couches.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4661 on: July 03, 2012, 05:46:29 pm »

Head into the next room.

"E, search the couches. Make sure there's no weapons or anything."
You head through the front room and into the living room. The living room is a very large room with the kitchen in one corner, partially separated by a drawer and cabinet laden island. There's a sofa set up against the wall opposite the television, and a staircase to your right that heads up. No one is around.

Kick the woman until she turns into our target or unconscious.
"Don't worry ma'am, I'm a doctor.  And the fact that the man who sold me said doctorate is centuries dead doesn't make it any less true."
[Dex:6]
[str:4]
You spin on your heel like some sort of psychotic ice skater turned Chuck Norris impersonator and drill the tip of your boot directly into the woman's throat. She goes down with a gurgle and proceeds to struggle and claw meekly at her throat for a few moments before becoming silent.

God you're a great doctor.

"I get the feeling that diplomacy isn't going to be nearly as easy as I originally hoped.

Anyway, you there, to be blunt, we're looking for a criminal who can disguise himself, and we need to search every house here, including yours. I'll give you a choice, you can cooperate with me and we'll try to get this done without too much trouble, or you can choose to deal with the rest of my squad. I'll warn you though, some of them bring a whole new meaning to the term "insanity", so... your choice."

Try mentioning the HMRC. That might make the things more lively. Or, well, at least they won't fear us being worst kind of criminal scum. They will know us to be the worst kind of criminal scum, acting on behalf and bearing the authority of the government.
Raise the visor and look at the man.
The man, seeing that you're looking at him, is already taking back off inside before you can really say much of anything, He has his door slammed shut before you can get off so much as a "Hey! You!"

"Sorry bro!  You good?"

Examine the fallen man to see if he's alive and/or the target.  Once done, check the rest of the house.
You peel the door away from the wall and the man, causing the homeowner to crumple onto the ground at your feet.

[Med:5-1] You crouch down over the man and take a good look at him. He's bleeding,and that arm is definitely not supposed to be twisted like that, but he's breathing.

You shrug and get up, turning around toward the living room just in time to see a dog, a dog the size of a small horse in your mind, leaping at you with his fangs bared.

Milno leans against the wall nonchalantly.
"Well, that'll be interesting to watch."

Communicate with Steve and turn the new system on.
"Hey Steve. What is the concept of 'alive' for capture purposes? Intact brain?"

>Close enough.

Jim waited for the results of Mesk's exam.
Ah, the results of Mesk's exam are that the little girl has severe mental trauma and is suffering from being an orphan. Illuminating.

Well. Seems terrify the locals, Plan A, is going smoothly.

"Steve, do we have phone numbers for these houses? Would it be possible you could route my radio through a telephone call?"

>I guess I could.

"Sure."

Search room, especially couches.
You look through the room and the couches. Ping pong balls, paddles, loose change, a peppermint, a sock, old receipt...yeah, you got nothing.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4662 on: July 03, 2012, 05:50:35 pm »

"Good work Mesk. You killed the girl's mother. Let's just go..." Jim sighed, leaving to head to 31 and investigate.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4663 on: July 03, 2012, 05:54:53 pm »

Milno keeps talking to Steve since his group is doing so wonderfully.
"Oh yeah. Steve, only shock unconscious if you have at least two or three reports of the person being mind-controlled, or the killer will control someone and make you shock us to get his job easier. Not that it'll be that hard from what I've seen so far."

"I'm letting the guys from my group do what they want and I think the doctor's pet killed or severely maimed one guy already. How many people has your group killed so far?"
He asks Jim while checking both his weapons.

((I think Mesk also killed the father. So the girl is now an orphan, congratulations.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4664 on: July 03, 2012, 06:07:57 pm »

Jim responded. "Mesk either killed a girl's father or severely concussed him. He DID kill the girl's mother with a kick to the throat. I'm kind of hoping they have a good orphanage around here..."
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 1256