Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942680 times)

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 5: Serial killer Spring Break
« Reply #4635 on: July 03, 2012, 10:07:13 am »

"Well, that could have gone better...

Steve, do we have any official jurisdiction we can use to get the citizens to cooperate?"

((I'd facepalm, but then I'd get [Int: 1] You apply the taser glove to your forehead, shocking yourself into unconsciousness, and making everyone else in the general area face palm for you.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4636 on: July 03, 2012, 10:08:56 am »

((All the more reason to do it! That'd totally help us catch the killer... Somehow...

Also: I just noticed, this mission is where speech skill would actually come in handy. Drat.  :-\))
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 10:10:41 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4637 on: July 03, 2012, 10:12:57 am »

((And I've got a natural -2 to speech and -1 to cha, with probably more penalties to at least cha from my new body.  Won't be a problem at all.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: July 03, 2012, 10:18:46 am »

((Also, I see the tradition of "worst medic" is continuing.))

"You know what... Milno, sorry to leave you with this mess, but could you keep this from degenerating further? I'd like to take another shot at diplomacy with the next house over, now that I've got a better idea of what to say."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4639 on: July 03, 2012, 10:38:07 am »

"Come on, Smartass. You know I have survived through all these last missions only due to dumb luck. You are obviously more qualified to handle this." Milno quips with a grin before crossing his arms and leaning his back against the house's wall, a foot away from the nearest window.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 10:48:21 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: July 03, 2012, 10:51:05 am »

I suppose I deserved that...

"Actually, now that I think about it... Thrak might have given us the solution for this house. I think we can be relatively sure that these people won't be letting anyone inside for quite a while, and the chances of the killer being in that house are low enough that we can come back to it if we can't find him anywhere else.

Head to the next house, knock. If/when someone answers, say

Excuse me there, but we've gotten reports of a rogue altered running around, and we believe he has a human accomplice somewhere in this area. We've got a couple of squads here searching for him, and I'll warn you ahead of time that there may be some commotion when we finally find the criminal. As for how this affects you, we need to conduct a brief search of the house. Once we've finished, lock the house down completely, and don't let anyone in or relax your guard unless a full squad instructs you to, or the situation has been resolved; your life could very well depend on it. Finally, is there anyone here with you?"

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: July 03, 2012, 11:31:22 am »

"Hey guys!  I've finished my first medical examination.  This guy is NOT our guy!  Do you want me to keep checking?"

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: July 03, 2012, 11:32:40 am »

Sigh. Break down door.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: July 03, 2012, 11:51:43 am »

Milno follows Kyle.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4644 on: July 03, 2012, 12:03:36 pm »

((It occurs to me that putting the two guys with tasers on the same team was not a good plan.))  ((Correction- mine's "High power electrical shocks, slightly lower then tesla sabre" which is probably less taser and more electric death.  Never mind!))
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 12:06:21 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: July 03, 2012, 12:07:40 pm »

Follow Milno and Kyle
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: July 03, 2012, 12:26:39 pm »

(( Sorry for being late. I was practically knocked uncoscious by sleep deprivation last time. Extended forum roleplaying is so fun  ;)
@Caellath Actually, I thought along the lines of 'funny', '(relatively) harmless' (for Milno, I mean) and 'his alignment isn't very different from that of Milno'.
@Toaster And, of course, 'brought the booze'  :P ))

By the way, do we know any distinctive marks to look on the torso or anything? I seriously doubt there can be any, actually, for those are not very beneficial at his profession, I believe. But we could possibly sort out more than a half of the potential suspects by checking their gender and if they are really shorter than him (by stabbing in the air above the person (note that the culprit might be crouching or crawling, but that is quite simple to check)).
And after that we can put the rest of the residents to the real test.

Steve, is the agent male or female? How tall is he/she? Does he/she have any distinnguishing characteristics about his/her body?

Oh, and I should mention that playing straight with these people might be the best policy. Mention the 'Corps, the changeling killer, the quarantine and the army and might actually be willing to cooperate. Or not, depending on how they regard the government and whether they know of the HMRC or not.

By the way, Thrak, how hard is that liquor of yours? Would like to know whether we can use it as an antiseptic when the probing starts.

Follow Milno. Shealth the instrument, but keep a hand on it.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 12:28:25 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4647 on: July 03, 2012, 12:34:57 pm »

"Joy," comments E as she follows not milno goes next door.

((oops :3))
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 12:36:52 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: July 03, 2012, 12:35:50 pm »

"Joy," comments E as she follows Milno.
((Your group is a different one.))
>Yes?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: July 03, 2012, 01:39:16 pm »

"Examine the mother too. We'll leave the daughter alone; she can't be our target. Too small," Jim said to Mesk over coms. He then stepped forward and slammed the cleaver down on the table. "You'll want to shut the fuck up now. My patience is wearing thin."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 1256