Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943616 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 5: Serial killer Spring Break
« Reply #4620 on: July 03, 2012, 12:47:53 am »

"I believe you misunderstood me. I said tell me about yourselves. Don't make me angry." Jim crushed the bit of wall that was left in his hand from where he grabbed it and let the debris fall through his fingers. "Ignore me again and I'll pulp something much more valuable to you than a bit of brick. Are we very clear now?"

Over the coms, he said to Emp and Mesk: "Grab whatever small, lightweight stuff you want and get ready to go over to 31 and help Ivan. I'll join you when I'm done here. Oh, right, Mesk. You should see what they have in their medicine cabinet, too, once you're done examining these people."

(Ninja'd but I don't want to change my post too much... >.>)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4621 on: July 03, 2012, 12:51:31 am »

Empyrean returns to the door and gets ready to leave.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4622 on: July 03, 2012, 12:58:08 am »

Travis smirked.

"Steve, how did the police track this guy down? I mean, if he can blend in so well...how do they know he's really here?"

Travis tried to find an area on his suit he could easily conceal his weapon without stabbing himself and causing death and all that. Were there pockets?
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4623 on: July 03, 2012, 01:02:15 am »

((@Orb: To save your time, yes, there are pockets and a backpack and all those shenanigans.))

Milno giggles.
"Hey Smartass. Try and get your wonderful diplomatic skills working to tell them we may need to strip at least their upper body to check if anyone is our one piece-wearing killer. You can even say we are looking for signs of the Altered infection.

He nods towards Renen.
"We may have to keep this one with his head turned away, though."

Message to Steve.

"So you don't have any of his body data you could send to me packed with an upgrade for my motion sensor system so it can identify the measures and outlines of his figure?"
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 01:11:18 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4624 on: July 03, 2012, 01:11:55 am »

"Got it, Jim.  Just give me a moment here.  Gotta get into character..."
Addendum to previous: make sure my faceplate is transparent.  Grin my best crazy grin.  Put away my torch but keep my razor out, and make scalpel-ish motions with it during the examination.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4625 on: July 03, 2012, 01:13:56 am »

(([dex:1] you accidentally hit the girl with the razor and her right arm half melts half explodes in a small shower of gore.))

Milno pokes Jim team's comms.
"Jim, remember that when animals are cornered, they may fight back. You should control some morons on your side so they won't go overboard."
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 01:28:14 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4626 on: July 03, 2012, 02:03:27 am »

(([dex:1] you accidentally hit the girl with the razor and her right arm half melts half explodes in a small shower of gore.))

((That, and the girl turns out to be the serial killer in disguise. Mission accompished!))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: July 03, 2012, 02:07:05 am »

Jim responded. "I have it under control. No need to worry."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4628 on: July 03, 2012, 07:44:08 am »

Thrak sighs.

"Kyle, let me give you a hand there."

Saying that, Thrak walks up to the door, puts his left hand out to stop it from closing, and looks at the man over Kyle's shoulder.

"You want proof, bro?  I got your proof right here!"

Thrak puts his right hand on his cleaver.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4629 on: July 03, 2012, 08:33:02 am »

"Well, as a matter of fact, I do have something to show you."

Put my hand on the guy's wrist as he tries to close the door. Apply taser glove if I can get a grip.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4630 on: July 03, 2012, 08:53:36 am »

((Sorry for being late))

Renen saw all this mess with the diplomatic skills, almost making a smile.

Good, just never ever try that again. If you were a lawyer, I would be sorry for your clients.  Good luck with the bodily search.

Try to think of a way to uncover the assassin besides the ones given.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4631 on: July 03, 2012, 09:03:52 am »

((I think taking shirts off seems to be the best plan so far.  Plus, the booze helps with that right?))

Thrak switches to his internal radio for a second.

"Yo Steve-bro, how small can this assassin appear to be?  Like how young kids do we need to check?"

He switches back to external.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4632 on: July 03, 2012, 09:47:27 am »

((I think taking shirts off seems to be the best plan so far.  Plus, the booze helps with that right?))
((Yeah, hence the suggestion. Steve gave a reasonable tip this time, but it does not change the fact Kyle is going to alarm them. We need to get all of them together in one room and check their shirts before overseeing the process of locking down everything and then leaving only after they are all in the same room.))
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4633 on: July 03, 2012, 09:57:52 am »

Yell: "Open up, this is the police!"
If the door doesn't open, look for a window or something, then try and break the door again.
(remember that you have that mutant arm and it's outside your suit.)
"Open up! Police!" You yell while pounding on the door. A few seconds later the door opens half a foot and face appears, silhouetted against the light of the room behind it.

"What do yo-" is about as far as the guy gets before he notices your massive, misshapen arm and slams the door shut. You can hear the deadbolt lock. Hmm.

"Jim, I haven't found anything in the house.  Let me look over these guys, I might be better able to determine if they're real or not."
Medical examinations on the people.  Determine if anybody's disguised.
[Med:6+1]
You head back down stairs and proceed to practice medicine in the only way you know how: flying roundhouse kicks to the head.

You punt the father in the back of the head and send him whipping face first into the table and then crumpling to the ground, all the while screaming "Trust me, I'm a doctor!" The end result of this is that 1. You have ruined a lovely wood dinner table with a tacky blood stain, 2. that guy is very unconscious and 3. The mother and daughter are now screaming very very loudly. The type of loudly that is, no doubt, audible by the neighbors.

"I believe you misunderstood me. I said tell me about yourselves. Don't make me angry." Jim crushed the bit of wall that was left in his hand from where he grabbed it and let the debris fall through his fingers. "Ignore me again and I'll pulp something much more valuable to you than a bit of brick. Are we very clear now?"

Over the coms, he said to Emp and Mesk: "Grab whatever small, lightweight stuff you want and get ready to go over to 31 and help Ivan. I'll join you when I'm done here. Oh, right, Mesk. You should see what they have in their medicine cabinet, too, once you're done examining these people."

(Ninja'd but I don't want to change my post too much... >.>)
You're in the midst of your conversation with the family when mesk wanders in and mistakes the father's head for a football. You can do nothing but buzz out a robotic sigh as the rest of the family begins wailing. And this was all going so well.

Empyrean returns to the door and gets ready to leave.
You walk to the door and cringe a bit as screams start echoing out from the dining room. A sign of nothing but good things, no doubt.

Travis smirked.

"Steve, how did the police track this guy down? I mean, if he can blend in so well...how do they know he's really here?"

Travis tried to find an area on his suit he could easily conceal his weapon without stabbing himself and causing death and all that. Were there pockets?

>We just followed the trail of bodies. He wasn't exactly subtle.

You clip your weapon to your waist.

((@Orb: To save your time, yes, there are pockets and a backpack and all those shenanigans.))

Milno giggles.
"Hey Smartass. Try and get your wonderful diplomatic skills working to tell them we may need to strip at least their upper body to check if anyone is our one piece-wearing killer. You can even say we are looking for signs of the Altered infection.

He nods towards Renen.
"We may have to keep this one with his head turned away, though."

Message to Steve.

"So you don't have any of his body data you could send to me packed with an upgrade for my motion sensor system so it can identify the measures and outlines of his figure?"

>Wouldn't work. The motion sensor you have works via visual data, which he can manipulate using that cloak. He could easily make himself look 3  feet tall by just covering his face and using the cloak to blend the parts that are too big into the background.

Jim responded. "I have it under control. No need to worry."
AAAAHAHAHAHA...oooh boy, classic.

Thrak sighs.

"Kyle, let me give you a hand there."

Saying that, Thrak walks up to the door, puts his left hand out to stop it from closing, and looks at the man over Kyle's shoulder.

"You want proof, bro?  I got your proof right here!"

Thrak puts his right hand on his cleaver.
You walk up behind Kyle, stuff your hand between the door and the door frame and grab the handle of your clever with the other hand, ready to unsheathe it.

Now the man behind the door really isn't in the mood to listen. He immediately disappears, hiding behind the door while repeatedly slamming it on your hand. You can hear him screaming to someone inside.

"GET UP STAIRS! GET DUKE!"

"Well, as a matter of fact, I do have something to show you."

Put my hand on the guy's wrist as he tries to close the door. Apply taser glove if I can get a grip.
You're a bit too late, as the rather terrifying cyborg with the human face stretched over his head has already escalated the situation.

((Sorry for being late))

Renen saw all this mess with the diplomatic skills, almost making a smile.

Good, just never ever try that again. If you were a lawyer, I would be sorry for your clients.  Good luck with the bodily search.

Try to think of a way to uncover the assassin besides the ones given.
[int:1] Hurr a derp hurp hurp maybe you could like...ask them? Woooaaaahhh.

Thrak switches to his internal radio for a second.

"Yo Steve-bro, how small can this assassin appear to be?  Like how young kids do we need to check?"

He switches back to external.
>He can mimic just about everything, but anything smaller then say, a 5 year old would be harder for him, since he'd have to dramatically shift his movements to keep the illusion from breaking up.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4634 on: July 03, 2012, 10:04:05 am »

"It's cool, bro!  I got booze for ya!"

Thrak forces his way in and brings the drum along.
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 1256