Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943563 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 5: Serial killer Spring Break
« Reply #4590 on: July 02, 2012, 08:38:16 pm »

(( Eh, since when does the 'shoot the puppy if it is needed' correspond to the grey spectre of morality? I always thought it to be firmly in the white area. Seriously  ??? ... Maybe it has something to do with loathing one's own actions, though. Or me being deluded. :)

Also, oh noes! You've left the exact wording of Kyle's diplomacy attempt to GM's mercy!  ))
((How many people in the white area would shoot the puppy without hesitation and without feeling any guilt afterwards?

And yes, Kyle will probably use a speech roll. And then it is "Faith and the kids" all over again.))

Milno uses his comms to give the other members a warning:
"We are going with Mr.Smartass' plan, so stay put. Don't try to take down or drug anyone unless it is needed. If he is repeatedly shot and killed, well, bad luck."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4591 on: July 02, 2012, 08:41:28 pm »

((I have to say, with the beer party, robbing, and this team already starting to grind gears, I can say this is going to be a fun mission. ))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4592 on: July 02, 2012, 08:45:43 pm »

((Dosen't any team with Milno grind gears?))

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4593 on: July 02, 2012, 08:50:32 pm »

((This could be trouble, I've got a -1 to speech... although I suppose we could have someone with a better modifier do it. Hopefully I won't really need to roll, considering normal civilians would likely comply with law enforcement. Talking to the killer himself could go really badly though.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4594 on: July 02, 2012, 08:55:09 pm »

(( Eh, since when does the 'shoot the puppy if it is needed' correspond to the grey spectre of morality? I always thought it to be firmly in the white area. Seriously  ??? ... Maybe it has something to do with loathing one's own actions, though. Or me being deluded. :)))
((The issue usually comes about with the precise definition of "needed." In this case, for instance, there's arguably better, or at least other, alternatives to stabbing everyone you meet.))

Also, oh noes! You've left the exact wording of Kyle's diplomacy attempt to GM's mercy!  ))
((I look forward to this very much. :3))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4595 on: July 02, 2012, 09:12:38 pm »

((Since a gang of criminals is taking an entire village hostage, I felt this was appropriate:

))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4596 on: July 02, 2012, 09:22:14 pm »

(I'm sure May has a Penetrator on her somewhere; I should've got one before I left. Or at least a .44 Shepard. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4597 on: July 02, 2012, 09:27:27 pm »

((@Caellath Well... yes, not that many. You're right.
@IronyOwl By stabbing, do you mean 'stabbing a little' or 'stabbing to death'? Because I don't really see better alternatives to probing which also happen to be reliable. ...Well, maybe thoroughly and vigorously preaching in the village so that the killer would decide to turn in because of the overwhelming feeling of guilt, but we don't have that much time, we are not that skilled and, finally, that's certainly not dr. Sanctor's line of reasoning  ;)

Jim and Milno seem to get along, and I think there might be a number of other people he is unlikely to ever argue with. Thrak, I believe, is one example :)

((I look forward to this very much. :3))
New sig material?  ;D ))
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 09:31:04 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4598 on: July 02, 2012, 09:34:07 pm »

((that's certainly not dr. Sanctor's line of reasoning  ;)
((Hence the grey. :P

A less-grey person/team would probably spend a bit more time, effort, and possibly risk trying to find a way, even when there didn't seem to be one.))

New sig material?  ;D ))
((I sort of doubt it... but then, look at what Faith did with nothing but a clearing implied to have children near it. :P))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4599 on: July 02, 2012, 10:07:27 pm »

A less-grey person/team would probably spend a bit more time, effort, and possibly risk trying to find a way, even when there didn't seem to be one.))
(( There goes the difference between not taking the easier to follow darker path  (exactly the situation you described) and not taking the (morally) easier to follow "lighter" path (such as not willing to take responsibility - that 'no one has the guts to shoot the puppy' scenario, where, for the sake of unambiguity, let us assume that killing that puppy is the right thing). The problem is that different people tend to find one variant more probable than the other, up to the point of denying the other one's possibility... but I'm afraid we are delving too deep in that :) ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4600 on: July 02, 2012, 10:27:31 pm »

Thrak follows behind Milno, as contemplatively as he can get.

"So I take it Plan Kickass Party is out?  If we want to subdue people once we check a house, why not just get them shitfaced?  This is enough for a damn army, here."  He thumps the drum he's bringing along.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4601 on: July 02, 2012, 10:34:39 pm »

((I probably shouldn't give the team ideas too much, but he notion of the HMRC banging on the door, staring sternly as the terrified residents open the door, and then sternly explaining that the only way to out the killer is for everyone in the house to get shitfaced off this beer they brought is just too funny.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: July 02, 2012, 10:51:44 pm »

Jim and Milno seem to get along, and I think there might be a number of other people he is unlikely to ever argue with. Thrak, I believe, is one example :)
((Why do you think Milno wouldn't argue with Thrak? I know why, but I want to know what is your idea of why he wouldn't.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4603 on: July 02, 2012, 11:10:19 pm »

((Because you don't argue with the guy with the booze, of course.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: July 02, 2012, 11:22:41 pm »

Mesk switches his comm on and clears his throat.
"Um... Ladies and Men, I have a potential idea for minimizing the threat of mental infiltration.  If we constantly announce our actions over this private channel, I believe we'll be able to notice when somebody stops talking or starts making no sense.  Then we can deal with them."
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 1256