Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943707 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 4: Silence means consent
« Reply #4455 on: June 30, 2012, 01:37:28 pm »

Crawl towards vault/cube.

The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4456 on: June 30, 2012, 01:53:28 pm »

"So we just cart it out and be on our jolly way?"

Look around for bad guys.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4457 on: June 30, 2012, 01:54:47 pm »

Milno looks around, slightly suspicious about the radio being cut off...Well, the vault is supposed to be very secure, so it probably has its walls isolated against the waves the radio utilizes, right?
"Hey, pole girl. Move outside and check if the radio returns. Ask Steve if this vault is isolated, because we just lost radio contact. I'll be waiting here until you come back."

Look around, think about what just happened and check the barrel. Is any input on the panels needed to release it?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4458 on: June 30, 2012, 01:57:07 pm »

"Yes, sir."

Do what Milno said like a good girl.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4459 on: June 30, 2012, 02:35:40 pm »

Faith looked around. There was herself, May's torso, Lukas... Thomas' corpse? That was a shame... and then she'd seen Cog up and around before, she knew Milno was alive, and... where was E, Nik or Nick? Had they died in the blast? And then of course, that other guy had ran back down instead of getting to shore for some reason, so he was probably dead.

"So uh, what happened to Nik, Nick, and E?" she asked, sort of dreading the answer. "And... where's Cog and Milno?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4460 on: June 30, 2012, 03:13:08 pm »

"I am alive, but my idea backfired. My sled kind of fell on me, after I fell of and tumbled down the cliff. I think Milno found the vault and went in."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4461 on: June 30, 2012, 03:14:32 pm »

"...are you going to be alright? I don't think I can get down that cliff with a broken leg."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4462 on: June 30, 2012, 03:19:39 pm »

"Oh no I'm fine. I'm pretty sure I still have my legs, what with the agonizing pain from that reigon."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4463 on: June 30, 2012, 03:30:58 pm »

Crawl towards vault/cube.

[end:3]
You roll over and get a few feet before you accidentally catch your hip on a particularly sharp stone and spend the next few minutes gurgling and twitching as your nervous system attempts to escape your body for more comfortable climates.

"So we just cart it out and be on our jolly way?"

Look around for bad guys.
You don't see anyone around except Milno...and the jury is out on what he is.

Milno looks around, slightly suspicious about the radio being cut off...Well, the vault is supposed to be very secure, so it probably has its walls isolated against the waves the radio utilizes, right?
"Hey, pole girl. Move outside and check if the radio returns. Ask Steve if this vault is isolated, because we just lost radio contact. I'll be waiting here until you come back."

Look around, think about what just happened and check the barrel. Is any input on the panels needed to release it?
[intuition:3] The vault being insulated makes sense...then again, so does the artifact fucking with physics, for all you know.

You take a look at the gravity cradle. It's functioning, as far as you can tell, the little panels are all showing their readings in green at least. It's actually been welded to the dolly it's on; clearly they didn't intend to move it around very much. As per the dolly itself, it seems functional, just on standby and not hovering.

"Yes, sir."

Do what Milno said like a good girl.
You walk out of the vault and contact Steve.

>That vault is insulated from many things, and one of them is radio communication, yes.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4464 on: June 30, 2012, 03:37:22 pm »

"Ow. OW. Dammit. Hrm. I need to keep my hip from touching the ground. Aha! I think I have an idea."

Search for a small piece of scrap metal.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4465 on: June 30, 2012, 03:43:56 pm »

"Oh no I'm fine. I'm pretty sure I still have my legs, what with the agonizing pain from that reigon."
((Ahaha, that's a great line.  ;D
Also, don't screw up moving that thing.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4466 on: June 30, 2012, 03:56:59 pm »

"Ow. OW. Dammit. Hrm. I need to keep my hip from touching the ground. Aha! I think I have an idea."

Search for a small piece of scrap metal.
You don't see anything laying around, but this area has been scoured pretty thoroughly by the water. There might be some still caught at the bases of the ruins, or in the exposed basements. Assuming you can reach them. 

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4467 on: June 30, 2012, 04:04:23 pm »

Milno looks around. There does not seem to be any danger here, but he is not taking chances with the hovering system.

When E comes back:
"Pole girl, go out again and check with Steve if he can send a read program, a diagram or something to make it easier to turn on that thing the artifact is on. I don't want to mess with that only to make a mistake."

Move closer to the dolly and examine visually how difficult it is to make the dolly start to hover.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4468 on: June 30, 2012, 04:17:40 pm »

Milno looks around. There does not seem to be any danger here, but he is not taking chances with the hovering system.

When E comes back:
"Pole girl, go out again and check with Steve if he can send a read program, a diagram or something to make it easier to turn on that thing the artifact is on. I don't want to mess with that only to make a mistake."

Move closer to the dolly and examine visually how difficult it is to make the dolly start to hover.

Set in the center of the handle of the dolly is a screen. The screen displays 2 things, an on/off toggle and an altitude setting. Huh. That seems pretty self evident.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4469 on: June 30, 2012, 04:22:38 pm »

'I'd be surprised if the manual was more than two pages thick, if not for the warnings and warrenties and waivers and stuff."

Watch the door.

Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 1256