Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941676 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 4: Silence means consent
« Reply #4470 on: June 30, 2012, 04:38:06 pm »

"Oh well. To the Vault! And medical attention!"

Continue crawling to the vault.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4471 on: June 30, 2012, 04:55:54 pm »

((You could have told me so sooner >.>))

"Only an on and off toggle and an altitude setting? Well, that is convenient, I was expecting something easier to get us blown up."

Check altitude. If it is already set, then turn it on. If not, set it to hover slightly above the ground, then press on.

"Yeah, I bet you wouldn't be able to understand it though."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4472 on: June 30, 2012, 04:57:26 pm »

((Shush. You're in the vault and cannot hear me. Its insulated against radio remember?))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4473 on: June 30, 2012, 05:01:11 pm »

'I'd be surprised if the manual was more than two pages thick, if not for the warnings and warrenties and waivers and stuff."

Watch the door.
You watch the door. God it's just so...doory. /swoon.

"Oh well. To the Vault! And medical attention!"

Continue crawling to the vault.
[end:6] You drag your stupid broken pelvis along as you scramble toward the vault and the beautiful nurses and painkillers you're sure lie within.

You make it 1/3 of the way there.

((You could have told me so sooner >.>))

"Only an on and off toggle and an altitude setting? Well, that is convenient, I was expecting something easier to get us blown up."

Check altitude. If it is already set, then turn it on. If not, set it to hover slightly above the ground, then press on.

"Yeah, I bet you wouldn't be able to understand it though."
(You didn't look at it :P Yah looked at the Gravity Cradle.)

The altitude is set at 1 foot, so you press the green "on" button. The dolly hums for a second before slowly rising into the air, suspended via unknown means. You give it a light push. It "rolls" forward without a hint of hesitation. God, why can't all technology be this easy?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4474 on: June 30, 2012, 05:09:16 pm »

((Shush. You're in the vault and cannot hear me. Its insulated against radio remember?))
((I'm answering Empyrean, and voice from the outside speakers works.))

Milno starts to push the dolly outside nonchalantly.
"Pole girl, enough of trying to mate with the door, let's get this thing done with. And keep looking around, we don't want anything to spoil this."

Push the dolly outside, relay the information to Steve after it is out.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4475 on: June 30, 2012, 05:11:38 pm »

((Sorry.))

Keep crawling.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4476 on: June 30, 2012, 05:48:36 pm »

((I'm answering Empyrean, and voice from the outside speakers works.))

Milno starts to push the dolly outside nonchalantly.
"Pole girl, enough of trying to mate with the door, let's get this thing done with. And keep looking around, we don't want anything to spoil this."

Push the dolly outside, relay the information to Steve after it is out.
You push the dolly out of the vault and then get into contact with steve.

>Good, good. Now, use the altitude setting to get it out of the remains of the basement. The transports are already on the way.

((Sorry.))

Keep crawling.
[End:4] You drag yourself another third of the way to the vault.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4477 on: June 30, 2012, 05:53:40 pm »

"Almost there...."

Continue.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4478 on: June 30, 2012, 05:54:56 pm »

Exunt.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4479 on: June 30, 2012, 05:59:59 pm »

Milno gets on top of the dolly (since it can go higher I assume it has a place for people to stand) and raises the altitude setting to 2 and checks if it is enough. If it isn't, he raises it to 3 and progresses that way until it has gained enough altitude to get it out of remains of the basement.
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4480 on: June 30, 2012, 07:10:24 pm »

"Almost there...."

Continue.
[End:5] You make it to the vault just in time to see milno rise out of it on the hover dolly with E climbing out just behind him.

Exunt.
Exeunt

You hop back up and climb out of the basement as Milno glides up and out with the dolly.

Milno gets on top of the dolly (since it can go higher I assume it has a place for people to stand) and raises the altitude setting to 2 and checks if it is enough. If it isn't, he raises it to 3 and progresses that way until it has gained enough altitude to get it out of remains of the basement.

You adjust the altitude setting on the dolly, poking at it till you rise out of the basement and gently onto the gravel beyond. You're just settling down when you see the shuttle coming in for a landing. It shrieks overhead, a burst of silver on the dark, red hazed sky, before coming around for a landing. It slows to a stop just overhead, it's rockets rotating to face the ground, throwing up dust and gravel as it settles down. A moment later the hatch is open, beckoning to you and your companions.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4481 on: June 30, 2012, 07:27:12 pm »

E looks around again. Need more practice in Latin, she thinks for a moment, before wondering why she thought that, before wondering what Latin was.

Can it really be that easy? She had heard tales of horrid missions. Not anything like this.
Sure, there were tons of casualties, and a minor explosion, but...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4482 on: June 30, 2012, 07:52:02 pm »

"Hey! I could use some help over here!"

Crawl towards the trolly and get on.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4483 on: June 30, 2012, 07:58:37 pm »

Milno nonchalantly starts to move the dolly into the shuttle.
"The shuttle has arrived down here."

Move the dolly into the shuttle.
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4484 on: June 30, 2012, 08:38:30 pm »

((Oh god, please don't forget us.))
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 1256