Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943490 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 4: Silence means consent
« Reply #4440 on: June 29, 2012, 08:42:43 pm »

Milno puts away the rod, swapping it for his own gauss rifle and getting closer to the door, keeping his gaze centered on it.
"I'll be the vanguard. Fire only if your shooting won't result in friendly fire."

Milno carefully checks the door.

"Steve, how should we open this and get to the objective?"
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 09:15:50 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4441 on: June 29, 2012, 09:07:48 pm »

((I'm conflicted if I should mention this, because failure is always hilarious, but I'm pretty sure you're only supposed to go in the vault a specific way Steve never elaborated on. Otherwise, the sensors activate, and the battleships open fire. Kind of the reason why we didn't want the rebels to get there...they would enter it the wrong way

Edit: Found it:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I don't recall there ever being a method given))
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 09:14:02 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: June 29, 2012, 09:13:59 pm »

((I think the black box was the thing which should be unlocked or something in a certain way. Anyway, I was thinking about asking Steve in any case, so I am editing my action and rechecking the mission briefing.

Edit: Thanks. I am glad I was checking this thread and about to edit my action, or we could all be screwed up.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4443 on: June 29, 2012, 09:19:30 pm »

"Are you sure you wouldn't like the logical opposite of that ...?" offers E dryly. She raise her gun and comes a bit closer. "Just say the word. I'm right behind you."
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 09:53:00 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: June 29, 2012, 09:49:45 pm »

Hobble along.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4445 on: June 29, 2012, 09:59:19 pm »

"Are you able to fly?" Milno retorts to E, before continuing without waiting for the obvious answer. "Because if your peerless grace and agility get you falling off a cliff once more, I may forget to help you."

Milno looks around for a while.
"But I guess we won't need to waste any more ammo. The only thing we may have to shoot at are automated defenses, since the vault is supposed to be sealed."
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 10:02:43 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4446 on: June 29, 2012, 11:35:26 pm »

Milno puts away the rod, swapping it for his own gauss rifle and getting closer to the door, keeping his gaze centered on it.
"I'll be the vanguard. Fire only if your shooting won't result in friendly fire."

Milno carefully checks the door.

"Steve, how should we open this and get to the objective?"

>Press your Wristpad against the control panel, I'll do the rest.

Hobble along.
You make it to where may and lukas are sitting around, screaming nonsense like mentally ill howler monkeys.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4447 on: June 29, 2012, 11:37:44 pm »

((Oh yeah, I just remembered the door wouldn't open anyway, since it is locked.))

Milno does as ordered and presses his wrist pad against the control panel.
>Yes?

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: June 30, 2012, 02:40:03 am »

You make it to where may and lukas are sitting around, screaming nonsense like mentally ill howler monkeys.

Lukas turns his head to the general direction of Faith.

"Who goes there!?"
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: June 30, 2012, 03:06:37 am »

"...are you blind?" Faith asked, unsure but unsarcastic.

Consider what blindness means in the context of brain worms.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: June 30, 2012, 07:14:21 am »

Lukas sighs and shakes his head. "Aren't we all? ....But yes, I don't exactly remember what happened but I don't see shit at the moment."
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4451 on: June 30, 2012, 10:40:35 am »

((Oh yeah, I just remembered the door wouldn't open anyway, since it is locked.))

Milno does as ordered and presses his wrist pad against the control panel.

The wristpad and control panel both go black as soon as they're near each other and a few seconds later you hear the heavy rumble of bolts sliding within the vault door.

>The door is open. Before you go in there's something else you should know. The artifact is going to be inside what looks like a large, barrel shaped machine on top of a hover dolly. The machine is a gravity cradle. Do not, I repeat, do not, allow that machine to be damaged or deactivated. Understood?

[int:4+1] Eh...you're not even sure he has brain worms anymore. That might have been your brain acting up on you again. It seems to do that roughly 1/6th of the time you use it. Strange.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: June 30, 2012, 11:34:00 am »

((Disaster mark two detected.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: June 30, 2012, 12:11:41 pm »

"Yeah, understood. Let me guess...if it is either damaged or deactivated we are all screwed."

Milno cautiously enters the vault with Empyrean in tow and starts to search for the barrel shaped machine with care.

"The worst shit seems to happen whenever we are dealing with dangerous stuff, so you'll have to be careful and help preventing any disasters."
Milno says while staring at E.
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4454 on: June 30, 2012, 12:34:09 pm »

"Yeah, understood. Let me guess...if it is either damaged or deactivated we are all screwed."

Milno cautiously enters the vault with Empyrean in tow and starts to search for the barrel shaped machine with care.

"The worst shit seems to happen whenever we are dealing with dangerous stuff, so you'll have to be careful and help preventing any disasters."
Milno says while staring at E.
You step into the vault and your radio immediately goes dead. You tap the radio button a few times and nothing happens. [intuition:2] Well, that's odd. 

You don't exactly have to look for long to find the machine. It's sitting dead center in the middle of the room, a 4 foot tall metal barrel covered in control panels, black boxes and cables, sitting atop a metal platform with a handle on one end.

Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 1256