Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945205 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 4: Oh shi-
« Reply #4320 on: June 25, 2012, 08:13:35 pm »

(wrong thread)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 08:20:38 pm by Powder Miner »

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4321 on: June 25, 2012, 08:14:56 pm »

((Genius! Uh, I mean, you are a sick person... :-\))

((Congratulations! You are among the first persons to discriminate android rights.))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4322 on: June 25, 2012, 09:51:54 pm »

((See, with a normal GM I'd assume that got a roll just to see if he failed miserably or did a good job but failed anyway. With piecewise I have to wonder.))

Begin searching the immediate area for anything of interest. Scrap that might be salvageable, signs of life, interesting views, that sort of thing.
You hobble around a bit, looking for anything of use. Kind of hard to know whats of use if you don't have any idea of what you want to do...but you don't really see anything that screams out "I am useful." The only signs of life you can see are your teammates, and they're probably 3/5th's alive.

Interesting views abound, especially if you've never seen a mile wide rampaging river or a heat scoured hellscape. Which you haven't.

Milno gives the final adjustments on the sensing software with a suspicious look on his face.

Milno turns his motion sensor on to check how it is working. Either it happens to be working or not, he proceeds to turn it off and check how much time is left until the water is totally drained.

You press the button to activate your motion sensing. OH GOD, THE COLORS! IT'S LIKE A TIEDYE SHIRT OF PAAAAAAIN! [end:2] (No bonus from the suit this time for obvious reasons) You collapse to the ground, half blind and attempting to cover your eyes as the helmet beams high intensity light onto your face with enough power to make your  skin tingle and burn.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4323 on: June 25, 2012, 10:02:53 pm »

((Great. We now officially have 0 uninjured people.))

Get some more footage of that awesome river, ideally enough to make a fairly seamlessly looping screen saver or something. Our suits record everything, right?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 10:07:54 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4324 on: June 25, 2012, 10:04:28 pm »

Lukas decides to follow around Faifth. "Uhm Faifth, since you seem to be doing quite okay, could you help me out a bit? My right shoulder is dislocated and I think that my left arm is broken. I am a bit dizzy as well."
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4325 on: June 25, 2012, 10:05:42 pm »

((I thought Empryean was uninjured.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4326 on: June 25, 2012, 10:07:30 pm »

((Oh yeah, we do have one uninjured person. Cool.))

Lukas decides to follow around Faifth. "Uhm Faifth, since you seem to be doing quite okay, could you help me out a bit? My right shoulder is dislocated and I think that my left arm is broken. I am a bit dizzy as well."
"Sure, sure, just let me-

Wait, dizzy? As in, still dizzy? That's not good..."

Examine Lukas for problems, like concussions. Also pop shoulder back into socket.

If there's time afterwards, like if Lukas doesn't have anything that requires attention or there's nothing I can do about it, get some more footage of that awesome river, ideally enough to make a fairly seamlessly looping screen saver or something. Our suits record everything, right?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4327 on: June 25, 2012, 10:17:38 pm »

((@GM: I'm not messing with this suit anymore. What would have happened at a roll of one or two?))

Milno turns off the motion sensing and sits down, waiting for the pain and the half-blindness to subdue.

((Edit: Milno is not necessarily injured. It was an overshot so I don't think his vision will be permanently impaired or something. And we still have time until the river drains.))
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 10:48:39 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4328 on: June 25, 2012, 11:24:20 pm »

((Great. We now officially have 0 uninjured people.))

Get some more footage of that awesome river, ideally enough to make a fairly seamlessly looping screen saver or something. Our suits record everything, right?
E and cog are uninjured, actually so is milno. He had the equivalent of a silent flashbang go off in his suit, but thats it.

((Oh yeah, we do have one uninjured person. Cool.))

"Sure, sure, just let me-

Wait, dizzy? As in, still dizzy? That's not good..."

Examine Lukas for problems, like concussions. Also pop shoulder back into socket.

If there's time afterwards, like if Lukas doesn't have anything that requires attention or there's nothing I can do about it, get some more footage of that awesome river, ideally enough to make a fairly seamlessly looping screen saver or something. Our suits record everything, right?
[med:5+1]
You pull off Lukas's helmet and stare into his eyes, waving your hand in front of his face a few times before pressing your ear to his head and listening.

"Yep." You say, nodding to yourself. "Brain worms."

[med:5+1]
You continue the examination by looking at his arm.

"well, this arm is a bit longer then the other..." you say, pointing at the dislocated arm. "Clearly we need to fix this by extending the other arm to match."

Before Lukas can react you grab his wrist and yank down.

[str:6-1]
[lukas end:6]

You yank his arm with surprising force, causing him to scream in pain as his broken arm twists. His arm remains annoyingly unlengthened though.

((@GM: I'm not messing with this suit anymore. What would have happened at a roll of one or two?))

Milno turns off the motion sensing and sits down, waiting for the pain and the half-blindness to subdue.

((Edit: Milno is not necessarily injured. It was an overshot so I don't think his vision will be permanently impaired or something. And we still have time until the river drains.))
(a one would just break it, a two would result in no change.)

You practically punch the side of your helmet till the motion sensing turns off and then spend a few minutes blinking till your vision clears. This thing really needs a manual.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4329 on: June 25, 2012, 11:41:59 pm »

Milno sighs a little. He'll be searching for a possible manual for the MkIII as soon as he gets to the ship and if he gets there, although he really doubts there happens to be one. Then he'll at the very least examine every single nook and cranny, every software and setting he can find in the VR. He won't be taking any more risks.

Milno resets the motion sensor's settings back to the standard stuff and watches Faith's careful medical attention taking place.

He stares for some time at the ordeal Lukas is going through.
"Do you really think you'll be able to hold the projector? She is trying to yank one of your arms off and the other does not seem too good."
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 12:13:29 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4330 on: June 26, 2012, 12:14:09 am »

Lukas screams in pain as Faifth is yanking his arm. "Aah, you stupid...What kind of doctor are you? I told you that I thought it was broken and you think it is a good idea to yank it? Never mind, I'll do it myself." Lukas turns to Milno. "I may be able to hold it in one hand if I get my right arm fixed. Do you actually know how to fix a broken arm because doctor buttkiss here doesn't seem to know what she is doing."

Try to get right arm in the socket again by bashing it against a rock.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4331 on: June 26, 2012, 12:16:21 am »

((Now you know our pain from last mission.

Those fleshtechs man... Damn evil bastards, the lot of them...))

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4332 on: June 26, 2012, 12:28:37 am »

((Now you know our pain from last mission.

Those fleshtechs man... Damn evil bastards, the lot of them...))

((Yes, and only a short while ago Lukas was still ready to defend Faifth for fixing him. Oh, how quickly people change their minds...))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4333 on: June 26, 2012, 12:38:28 am »

(I have to ask... why do you always refer to Faith as Faifth? ???)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4334 on: June 26, 2012, 01:11:31 am »

(I have to ask... why do you always refer to Faith as Faifth? ???)

((God, I never realized that. I really have no reason. Maybe it's the concussion. Anyway, I will try to avoid it from now on. :P))
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 1256