Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944559 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 4: Oh shi-
« Reply #4335 on: June 26, 2012, 06:36:34 am »

((Go team go!

Don't die now!

Go team go!))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4336 on: June 26, 2012, 06:52:16 am »

((@Tiruin: You mean you hope no one else dies, right? Because this mission surpassed any records we had of dead and maimed people in a single mission. And the GM's hard work was mostly thrown away by a suicidal and accidental Dungeon Bypass.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4337 on: June 26, 2012, 07:36:47 am »

((@Tiruin: You mean you hope no one else dies, right? Because this mission surpassed any records we had of dead and maimed people in a single mission. And the GM's hard work was mostly thrown away by a suicidal and accidental Dungeon Bypass.))
((Well yup! No one else. Losses are expected, but everyone's saving Private Ryan here.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4338 on: June 26, 2012, 08:23:11 am »

((We may have executed a dungeon bypass, but that just means that PW is likely to make what little remains into a living hell for you guys.

Then again, that begs the question: What with? Any rebel forces you may have had to fight on your way to the vault have now all likely suffered the same fate as the dude who stayed in the building. Any traps will also likely have been destroyed...))
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 08:57:06 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: June 26, 2012, 10:09:23 am »

((Why is it that bonuses to Medical are almost completely useless? A roll of 6 doesn't seem to help out the victim any more than a 1 would.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4340 on: June 26, 2012, 11:08:30 am »

Milno sighs a little. He'll be searching for a possible manual for the MkIII as soon as he gets to the ship and if he gets there, although he really doubts there happens to be one. Then he'll at the very least examine every single nook and cranny, every software and setting he can find in the VR. He won't be taking any more risks.

Milno resets the motion sensor's settings back to the standard stuff and watches Faith's careful medical attention taking place.

He stares for some time at the ordeal Lukas is going through.
"Do you really think you'll be able to hold the projector? She is trying to yank one of your arms off and the other does not seem too good."
You reset your motion sensor to normal, but as per watching faith, she's a pretty long distance away, in fact you remember having to walk for two whole turns to get where you are.

Lukas screams in pain as Faifth is yanking his arm. "Aah, you stupid...What kind of doctor are you? I told you that I thought it was broken and you think it is a good idea to yank it? Never mind, I'll do it myself." Lukas turns to Milno. "I may be able to hold it in one hand if I get my right arm fixed. Do you actually know how to fix a broken arm because doctor buttkiss here doesn't seem to know what she is doing."

Try to get right arm in the socket again by bashing it against a rock.
[med:4-1] You ram your shoulder into the boulder, causing it to slip into the socket a little bit before popping out with a wet crack. [End:2] You make a sort of high pitched squeaking noise and collapse in pain, writhing in silent agony.

((Why is it that bonuses to Medical are almost completely useless? A roll of 6 doesn't seem to help out the victim any more than a 1 would.))
In reality 6's usually do fix the problem, if it's fixable, but with bad side effects, like putting the shoulder back into the socket but pinching a nerve in the process. In this case, if faith had succeeded, she would have pulled his arm out of his socket in such a way as to cause it to go numb. Which would have sort of helped.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4341 on: June 26, 2012, 12:03:09 pm »

((Well, at the very least Milno heard the results of her medical treatment.))

Milno stays near the E and May group, sitting on the ground and watching the strong current emptying the canyon of all the water contained within.
"You should come here, since albino-lover is a dead weight."

Look around and then estimate how much time until the river drains.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4342 on: June 26, 2012, 01:40:53 pm »

((Literally dead weight.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4343 on: June 26, 2012, 03:13:59 pm »

"Damn it. Okay, time to try something else."

Find a chunk of rubble big enough to sit on, but small enough for me to move it.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4344 on: June 26, 2012, 03:40:52 pm »

"W-What?!" Faith sputtered incredulously. "I'm the good guy, remember?! Your precious lifesaving doctor! Here, let me doctor you right now."

Continue doctoring Lukas' brain worms and dislocated shoulder.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4345 on: June 26, 2012, 03:59:42 pm »

Find a chunk of rubble big enough to sit on, but small enough for me to move it.
((If you happen to be wanting the equivalent of an anchor to sit down and be dragged to the floor of the river, I think it is worth pointing out the current is very, very strong.))
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4346 on: June 26, 2012, 06:24:33 pm »

In case any one is wondering why I'm not replying quite as much today, it's because I'm working on the next mission. It's one of those missions where I'm not sure if you'll breeze through it or all end up dead. Hard to tell.

((Well, at the very least Milno heard the results of her medical treatment.))

Milno stays near the E and May group, sitting on the ground and watching the strong current emptying the canyon of all the water contained within.
"You should come here, since albino-lover is a dead weight."

Look around and then estimate how much time until the river drains.
Seems like the water is about half way down in regards to where you need to go. Good thing the building is sitting near to the edge of the canyon.

"Damn it. Okay, time to try something else."

You wander around, looking for something to use. There are a few pieces of debris that look like you could sit on them and that you could move them, though they're only about as big as a couch cushion.

"W-What?!" Faith sputtered incredulously. "I'm the good guy, remember?! Your precious lifesaving doctor! Here, let me doctor you right now."

Continue doctoring Lukas' brain worms and dislocated shoulder.
[Med:1+1]
Uhhhh hmmm. How do you do fix head injuries again? Amputate? No...no thats not it...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4347 on: June 26, 2012, 06:42:42 pm »

In case any one is wondering why I'm not replying quite as much today, it's because I'm working on the next mission. It's one of those missions where I'm not sure if you'll breeze through it or all end up dead. Hard to tell.
((Aw hell. Not that Faith'll be in any condition to go anyway.))

[Med:1+1]
Uhhhh hmmm. How do you do fix head injuries again? Amputate? No...no thats not it...
((Medical bonuses are useful after all! Boy would my face have been red! :P From embarrassment, not... well also the other thing, but mainly embarrassment.))

Give up and dejectedly film nice scenery.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4348 on: June 26, 2012, 06:47:36 pm »

"Dammit."

Attach a bunch of rubble together to create a sled.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4349 on: June 26, 2012, 06:49:33 pm »

"Dammit."

Attach a bunch of rubble together to create a sled.
((Stick it together with what?))
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 1256