Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942505 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 4: Hard landings
« Reply #3870 on: June 18, 2012, 10:44:48 pm »

((Or even better, thirty of them show up and start hitting you with slingshots.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3871 on: June 18, 2012, 11:08:32 pm »

((@IronyOwl: You are a genius! It is all clear to me now! I'll use Faith to test for traps instead of simple metal rods. And the northernmost room is two-tile wide. It gives more space for traps but...))

Milno checks the maps once again with a cursory glance.

"Shit."

Open the door closest to the janitor room (the one you pointed out) and flash the lights upon it, allowing Lukas to throw a piece of metal inside. If nothing triggers, move inside and proceed towards the stairway, opening any doors in the way with the same aforementioned cautious manner.
((@IronyOwl: You are a genius! It is all clear to me now! I'll use Faith to test for traps instead of simple metal rods. And the northernmost room is two-tile wide. It gives more space for traps but...))

Milno checks the maps once again with a cursory glance.

"Shit."

Open the door closest to the janitor room (the one you pointed out) and flash the lights upon it, allowing Lukas to throw a piece of metal inside. If nothing triggers, move inside and proceed towards the stairway, opening any doors in the way with the same aforementioned cautious manner.

Throw piece of metal inside as soon as Milno opens the door.

Milno and Lukas carefully stalk down the hall to the first door. Milno opens it, which proves surprisingly difficult with the force of the water hindering him, and Lukas hucks a piece of metal in as best he can. The pole zips through the water like a torpedo and strikes the opposite wall with a resounding clang before settling to the ground. Milno cranes his head into the room and looks around a bit before waving the rest of the group forward into the room as he and Lukas continue to the door out to the other hall.  Milno opens it and Lukas steps forward to throw his piece of metal into the hall.

[Unknown assailant Con wep:4]

Lukas raises the bar above his head and is about to throw it when something pierces straight through the knee of his suit, burns a neat hole through his kneecap and out the back of his leg. [end:1] Lukas collapses in slow motion, screaming wildly over the coms and grabbing his leg as blood leaks into the water and his suit begins to rapidly fill.

>Lukas
You think you saw something metal and cylinder shaped at the end of the hall before you were shot, but you're not sure what it was.

Seems like the other injured one is waking up. She'll need some painkillers, but I think she should at least be coherent before we start medicating, in case it isn't needed.

Keep Buggering On.
You and your brigade continue on, moving till you reach the opposite end of the dam. It takes several minutes of walking and there doesn't seem to be any sort of entrance or way down over here. The only other exit you saw was that staircase.

(We'll assume the whole squad came with him.)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: June 18, 2012, 11:10:29 pm »

"Just focus on my voice, you'll be OK. Are you in pain?"

"Um, a little, I feel kind of weird and hot. I wouldn't mind if you-NIGGA' WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: June 18, 2012, 11:11:26 pm »

((Lukas was supposed to throw these metal pieces over my shoulder; I was supposed to poke around with my rod before he threw it as well.

Although if you intepret Lukas decided to just move ahead of me without caring for the consequences, that is ok as well. >.>))

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: June 18, 2012, 11:11:38 pm »

Seeing the other injured one awake, turn to her.

I'm not surprised you're tired, and dizzy. You lost your right leg at the knee and your left arm below the elbow, right at the funny bone. You lost a lot of blood, but you'll live. Although you won't be all that useful towards the mission at hand, I don't think. It would not be a good idea to have you trying, you very nearly died. You should just wait here, at the extraction point, along with Nik, who's gotten it much worse and won't be waking up for a while, hopefully.

Now, back to you: Do you think you'll need any painkillers, or are you alright?

Set Nik down so that we can pick him up and put him in the shuttle upon our return, and give the other painkillers if she needs them.

Now, to get off of this damn dam and take care of them towers...

You, injured one, got anything that might help? And your name, perhaps?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 11:14:13 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: June 18, 2012, 11:14:10 pm »

Thomas looked at May with a terrified look in his eyes. His jaw drops open, but immediatly, his expression shifts from abject horror to exasperation. He slams his face into his palm and begins shaking.
"Ah shit, I do not have time for this. Elisaz? You're back? Or not? Oh damn. Anyway, whoever you are now, does it hurt, and where?"
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 12:10:18 am by Spinal_Taper »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: June 18, 2012, 11:14:40 pm »

Throw piece of metal inside as soon as Milno opens the door.
((Shit, he did do it.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: June 18, 2012, 11:15:35 pm »

Milno and Lukas carefully stalk down the hall to the first door. Milno opens it, which proves surprisingly difficult with the force of the water hindering him, and Lukas hucks a piece of metal in as best he can. The pole zips through the water like a torpedo and strikes the opposite wall with a resounding clang before settling to the ground. Milno cranes his head into the room and looks around a bit before waving the rest of the group forward into the room as he and Lukas continue to the door out to the other hall.  Milno opens it and Lukas steps forward to throw his piece of metal into the hall.

Lukas raises the bar above his head and is about to throw it when something pierces straight through the knee of his suit, burns a neat hole through his kneecap and out the back of his leg. [end:1] Lukas collapses in slow motion, screaming wildly over the coms and grabbing his leg as blood leaks into the water and his suit begins to rapidly fill.

>Lukas
You think you saw something metal and cylinder shaped at the end of the hall before you were shot, but you're not sure what it was.

"Aaaaah!!! Fawk!!!" Lukas cries in panic as he tries to keep the water from rushing into his suit by putting his hands on the hole. "Help me! I am going to die!"

Cry like a little girl and wait for help. Try to keep water from rushing into the suit.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: June 18, 2012, 11:17:56 pm »

Faith rolled her eyes.

"Steve, these suits have helmets separate from the rest of them, right? So getting water in his suit doesn't mean he'll drown?"

Drag Lukas away from doorway by whatever part is furthest from sniper-door, examine wound.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: June 18, 2012, 11:21:41 pm »

((Someone (Faith) should tie his suit's leg by the thigh, so the water won't get to his body and (maybe) head.))

Milno reacted fast, trying to pull Lukas out of the line of fire.

"You were supposed to throw that over my shoulder. Anyway, prevent the water from going further up your suit."

Pull Lukas out of the line of fire if Faith fails. Then execute the usual procedure of poking the rod immediately outside the room's sniper door before taking Lukas' Projector and peeking out the safe are indicated by the metal pole to check for the enemy. If it is seen, shoot at it with the projector.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 11:54:33 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: June 19, 2012, 12:08:49 am »

Thomas looked at May with a terrified look in his eyes. He slams his face into his palm.
"Ah shit, I do not have time for this. Elisaz? You're back? Or not? Oh damn. Anyway, whoever you are now, does it hurt, and where?"
"Of course it fucking hurts! You ever cauterized a goddamn amputation?! Shit, my wounds are searing!"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3881 on: June 19, 2012, 12:13:51 am »

((Lukas was supposed to throw these metal pieces over my shoulder; I was supposed to poke around with my rod before he threw it as well.

Although if you intepret Lukas decided to just move ahead of me without caring for the consequences, that is ok as well. >.>))

Lukas needs to follow directions a bit better eh?

Seeing the other injured one awake, turn to her.

I'm not surprised you're tired, and dizzy. You lost your right leg at the knee and your left arm below the elbow, right at the funny bone. You lost a lot of blood, but you'll live. Although you won't be all that useful towards the mission at hand, I don't think. It would not be a good idea to have you trying, you very nearly died. You should just wait here, at the extraction point, along with Nik, who's gotten it much worse and won't be waking up for a while, hopefully.

Now, back to you: Do you think you'll need any painkillers, or are you alright?

Set Nik down so that we can pick him up and put him in the shuttle upon our return, and give the other painkillers if she needs them.

Now, to get off of this damn dam and take care of them towers...

You, injured one, got anything that might help? And your name, perhaps?

(funny bone is above the elbow.)

You set nik down and walk over to May. She seems to be a bit...rabid. [med:4-1] You shrug and jam a pain killer into her med slot. She continues shouting for a few more seconds before swooning entering a barely conscious state of muttering and gurgling.

>Lukas

"Aaaaah!!! Fawk!!!" Lukas cries in panic as he tries to keep the water from rushing into his suit by putting his hands on the hole. "Help me! I am going to die!"

Cry like a little girl and wait for help. Try to keep water from rushing into the suit.
You cry and scream and clamp your hands like a vice around your leg just above the point where the water is flowing in. It helps, but it doesn't stop the flow.

Faith rolled her eyes.

"Steve, these suits have helmets separate from the rest of them, right? So getting water in his suit doesn't mean he'll drown?"

Drag Lukas away from doorway by whatever part is furthest from sniper-door, examine wound.
[Str:5-1] You grab Lukas and drag him back a few feet before looking at the wound. [med:6+1] Clearly caused by hypersonic bees. Seems clean enough though, just a nice hole through the kneecap. Doesn't seem to have hit anything major but he is gonna be shit out of luck when it comes to doing anything but limp very slowly.

>Hahaha, Nope.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 12:44:02 am by piecewise »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: June 19, 2012, 12:19:26 am »

((May reverted to Elizas. Cue Thomas getting really awkward and maybe taking advantage of the albino mutant's current weakness to kill it to hide his shame due to the shock of making out with the body which still held the omnisexual black man.

Also, I'm going to sleep now. If you want to advance away with Milno following you, then be my guest, but I'll be setting Milno to

"no f*ckin' way I'm being vanguard while my player is offline" mode.))
>Yes?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: June 19, 2012, 12:19:32 am »

((No, the funny bone is the Ulnar nerve. Which runs along the Ulna. The ulna is one of the two long bones in the forearm, the other being the radius.

Of course, saying that something was cut along the funny bone means that it could have been cut anywhere along the arm, because it's a nerve.

Although, you probably mean the Medial Epicondyle of the Humerus, the place that is commonly referred to when you "hit your funny bone".))

Now, I can probably get down the dam anywhere, but you two can't. I say we head back to the stairs, you two take them, I go down the wall, we meet at the bottom.

Oh, and strip those two of anything that we could use, weapons, kits, whatever.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 12:30:05 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: June 19, 2012, 12:25:32 am »

Thomas brothe in and out slowly, before showing Elisaz the stump where his hand was.
"I believe you."
He turned to face Nick.
"Wanna switch?"
Remembering what made him so valuable to the bandits, Thomas closed his eyes and reached his center. He tried to drown the fires of his exasperation and anger with the power of his mind, anything to save himself from his rage.
Feeling calm and controlled, he gazed into the distance, trying to get a feel for the land and how far they were from the dam.
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 1256